Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last movie was a bust compared to the first two and the budget was reportedly outrageous.

You're being a mod should not give you free reign to break the rules and selectively moderate.

Yes, because usually you're nothing but sunshine and rainbows about stuff most of the time. :huh:
Why because I don't like Fantastic Four and X-Men 3? Because I didn't like Catwoman? Because I do like the Iron Man films and the Spider-Man films?

What do I hate so badly? What do I not like enough? I'm confused. There are plenty of threads I am positive and post about projects I'm excited about. To say I hate everything like Rowsdower is a blatant lie.

The last movie was a bust compared to the first two and the budget was reportedly outrageous.

You're being a mod should not give you free reign to break the rules and selectively moderate.

It made $400M, that isn't a bust.

Describing you exactly as you are isn't breaking the rules, if we took a poll on this forum 90% would agree with me when it comes to how you act.

Why because I don't like Fantastic Four and X-Men 3? Because I didn't like Catwoman? Because I do like the Iron Man films and the Spider-Man films?

No, the problem is you go overboard like a teen at a Bieber concert when you love something and jump all over anyone who disagrees, case in point the Bourne and Spidey movies, then you troll the **** out of anything you don't like, willing for it to fail and acting smug if it does.

What do I hate so badly? What do I not like enough? I'm confused. There are plenty of threads I am positive and post about projects I'm excited about. To say I hate everything like Rowsdower is a blatant lie.

You don't just not like something (see the Real Steel thread for a recent example), you linger there being nothing but an unpleasant sourpuss insisting that you're right and smarter than everyone else until no one wants to listen to you about it anymore.

Then when it's something you like, you slobber all over it (excusing the same inconsistencies that were unforgivable in whatever you didn't like earlier) and shoot down those naysayers with the same kind of self-inflicted superiority until no one wants to listen to you about it anymore.

It's annoying, and it's gotten old.

It made $400M, that isn't a bust.

Describing you exactly as you are isn't breaking the rules, if we took a poll on this forum 90% would agree with me when it comes to how you act.

Yes it is. I wasn't insulting or talking about other posters. You were.

No, the problem is you go overboard like a teen at a Bieber concert when you love something and jump all over anyone who disagrees, case in point the Bourne and Spidey movies, then you troll the **** out of anything you don't like, willing for it to fail and acting smug if it does.

I call it a troll when people start RedHead to Heaven 2007 campaigns. Or when Kirsten Dunst is called ugly for being accused of getting pregnant or getting birth control before she does a movie. None of which I was party to.

For The Bourne Ultimatum, I still remember people threw fits here when it won Academy Awards in several categories over Transformers. That is what I would call trolling and overboard Bieber teen fans. And I commented on it and how silly it was.

To me, it is no different or more outlandish than a majority of the behavior on here. Like when Michael Bay fanatics act like Transformers 3 will be the greatest movie ever and would get 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

You don't just not like something (see the Real Steel thread for a recent example), you linger there being nothing but an unpleasant sourpuss insisting that you're right and smarter than everyone else until no one wants to listen to you about it anymore.

Yeah I looked in the Real Steel thread and I see nothing of the sort. I pointed out Shawn Levy's poor directing track record. I didn't know there was a rule here that all posts have to be 100% positive. This is a discussion forum and I thought we were allowed to discuss movies?

Then when it's something you like, you slobber all over it (excusing the same inconsistencies that were unforgivable in whatever you didn't like earlier) and shoot down those naysayers with the same kind of self-inflicted superiority until no one wants to listen to you about it anymore.

It's annoying, and it's gotten old.

Like what inconsistencies? You use colorful language like slobber, but how is that any different from any other poster? How is that different from any other poster that SLOBBERS over what they like and disses what they don't like?

Or how about when posters say THE BIG BANG THEORY is "NERD BLACKFACE" and the mods say nothing and don't blink an eye?

Answer me honestly Danyose. I never said "Nerd Blackface" on this board regarding a project. So are you honestly going to single me out and say I am the only one that acts the way you describe which is also wholly inaccurate?

Last edited:
We deal with trolls in the cases mentioned, just as we are dealing with you.

You've got 2 mods telling you that you are the problem, when your name came up the responses have been "This guy isn't banned yet?" given your act here, so if you are as smart as you say you are, I'd take a good look at yourself before you walk to far down the road to come back.

Vile, no one is saying you can't be negative. Your problem, like I said before, is your habit of lingering negativity that gets on everyone's nerves. You don't like it. We get it. For god's sake man, move on...

We're not going to bring up past issues you've had on other forums. This thread has been derailed enough.

You didn't like someone pointing out that you hate everything. Well, 99% of the time, that's exactly what you do. At least you do it enough that it's become everyone's perception of you. The only who can change that perception is you. Lighten up already.

Renner is taking this over and he is the new Jason Bourne. He might as well try out for Bond when Craig is done.

Cruise's involvement in a future installment of M:I will depend purely on box office and critical/audience reception to his performance in this one (he was originally going to take a back seat, but was eventually convinced otherwise).

Renner's great, but he -or his agent- do seem to be filling up his dance card a bit too quickly...but it's insurance while he's hot, I get that. But ultimately, I don't see him or the studios being interested in fulfilling all of these potential obligations...including possible future appearances as Hawkeye for Marvel. Guaranteed only one of these two franchises (M:I or Bourne Legacy) goes ahead for another installment with Renner in the lead...they're too similar.

:word:

"Knife to a gun fight" from Giacchino's twitter.
Hell YEAH!
cc9lc.jpg
h0cc9lcj
cc9lc.jpg

if they dont belive in Cruise as the face of M:I why are they using him in every promotion? from posters to trailer.

Because he is still a name.....ooh and I do not appreciate my post being deleted when Vile is besmirching my good name.

Cruise's involvement in a future installment of M:I will depend purely on box office and critical/audience reception to his performance in this one (he was originally going to take a back seat, but was eventually convinced otherwise).

Renner's great, but he -or his agent- do seem to be filling up his dance card a bit too quickly...but it's insurance while he's hot, I get that. But ultimately, I don't see him or the studios being interested in fulfilling all of these potential obligations...including possible future appearances as Hawkeye for Marvel. Guaranteed only one of these two franchises (M:I or Bourne Legacy) goes ahead for another installment with Renner in the lead...they're too similar.

Why wouldn't he be wanted back for Hawkeye? Even if he doesn't get a solo film, there's bound to be Avengers sequels.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol had test-screenings recently, and I've found some Spoilers about it. You can read them below, but be warned that they spoil the entire movie.

Luther Stickell dies;

Léa Sydoux is basically there to look sexy, while Anil Kappoor completelly chews the scenery. Michael Nyqvist has a small role, but delivers a good performance;

One of the villains is shot, another one is crushed, and a third one falls to his death;​

Simon Pegg's character, Benji Dunn, gets his own action scene;

The movie is partly a heist movie, with two major heist scenes;

The masks are used in one scene;

It's all but confirmed that Jeremy Renner's character, Brandt, turns out to be a turncoat;

The destruction of the Kremlin is based on an idea of Russia invading a small Middle Eastern country in order to profit from its natural resources, advancing the careers of the main villains;

In the end, the torch is passed, but not to Brandt. It's Josh Hallway's character, Trevor Hanaway, that becomes the "next" Ethan Hunt.​

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol had test-screenings recently, and I've found some Spoilers about it. You can read them below, but be warned that they spoil the entire movie.

Luther Stickell dies;

Léa Sydoux is basically there to look sexy, while Anil Kappoor completelly chews the scenery. Michael Nyqvist has a small role, but delivers a good performance;

One of the villains is shot, another one is crushed, and a third one falls to his death;​

It's all but confirmed that Jeremy Renner's character, Brandt, turns out to be a turncoat;

The destruction of the Kremlin is based on an idea of Russia invading a small Middle Eastern country in order to profit from its natural resources, advancing the careers of the main villains;

In the end, the torch is passed, but not to Brandt. It's Josh Hallway's character, Trevor Hanaway, that becomes the "next" Ethan Hunt.​

In regards to the last point, does it make it definite Cruise is out or does it leave the door open for him to return? I love how Renner was just a red herring to take over.

Why wouldn't he be wanted back for Hawkeye? Even if he doesn't get a solo film, there's bound to be Avengers sequels.

Never said he wouldn't be. Was talking mainly about M:I and Bourne.

I don't know, why wouldn't Edward Norton be back for Avengers?

Oh wait...

Never said he wouldn't be. Was talking mainly about M:I and Bourne.

I don't know, why wouldn't Edward Norton be back for Avengers?

Oh wait...

Regardless of you talking mainly about those two franchises, you still did include his Hawkeye role. And what happened with Norton isn't really relevant to what we're talking about. :dry: True, he won't be back for The Avengers but it wasn't about having too many franchises already under his belt.

Luther Stickell dies;

Cool! M:I4 looks even better after I've read this. Especially the part about Simon Pegg's part. spoilers do not spoil te fun afterall

I love all three MI films although I'd rank them:

1.) MI2

2.) MI1

3.) M13

As for MI4's spoilers:

How does Luther die? I thought Ving Rhames said in an interview he wasn't going to be in the film.

:huh:

Last edited:

Luther Stickell dies;

Where did you find this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"