Mission Impossible II

Armoured-Fury

Civilian
Reaction score
I know like the other week i was cursin at Cruise but i really do believe this movie is brilliant, especially with the assistance of Hanz Zimmer's music in a lot of the scenes.

What do you think about this movie? Did you like it, hate it, or think it was "ok?" What are your fave scenes from it?

Even if you don't like Cruise then rate the movie just for the story, action, music, idea, etc.

My fave scenes from memory are the beginning, the chemical lab where there's a gun fight and the motorbike chase and the fight at the end..
I also love the music in the chemical lab when the lass has injected herself with the pathogon and Ethan has to decide to either kill her or think of something else... You hear the music again at the end when Ethan and the villain are fighting on the beach and there's that loud drumming over the top it's great i love it.. Bu i love that version better than the lab version which is all techno'd up lol..

All in all i think it's a damn good movie although some parts are boring and don't have as much action in them as the 1st one? But the action scenes in MI2 make up for it!

A. FURY

it was pure stinking crap. simple as that.

The first one was better because it felt like a spy movie. It had plot twists, betrayal, and the man on the run angle.

------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE OTHER HAND..

This one just felt like a brainless action flick. It's not as smart as the first movie (and that's not saying TOO much). The characters are flat. The villain was boring (poor guy...missed out on X-Men). It became a Tom Crusie movie. Even though the first one was centered around him, he did work as a team leader in numerous scenes. In MI2, it was just Ving Vahms.

It was an abysmal piece of trash, and I can't believe that it was the sequel to a movie as good as the first MI. The plot was like something out of a saturday morning cartoon, and the story and acting were laughably bad, like one of the poorer James Bond movies.

And that's really what the movie was. A typical crummy James Bond movie, but without a british accent. I refuse to even aknowledge that it's canologically connected to the first one.

you're right. It's was the poorman's James Bond.

At least it looked...nice.

Timstuff said:
It was an abysmal piece of trash, and I can't believe that it was the sequel to a movie as good as the first MI. The plot was like something out of a saturday morning cartoon,

Funny you should say that, as I remember watching the movie thinking, "wasn't this the plot of an episode of Batman The Animated Series?". After that, everything in the film was way too predictable. Hopefully, M:I-3 will have a few story points to keep us guessing.

What really annoyed me was the way they used the facemakers in MI2. In the first movie, it was cool because you never expected it. In MI2 though, it was like "Oh, now he's going to grab his neck and pull off a mask." Like you said, it was completely predictable!

I I just bought the special M:I and M:I:2 set.
I am going to watch M:I:2 now.

:)

It was good Saturday afternoon popcorn fun. But it wasn't like the first, that's for sure. :o

Timstuff said:
What really annoyed me was the way they used the facemakers in MI2. In the first movie, it was cool because you never expected it. In MI2 though, it was like "Oh, now he's going to grab his neck and pull off a mask." Like you said, it was completely predictable!

Hahahah now that you come to mention it that was a pretty crappy thing especially in the end.. I guess i just enjoyed the action scenes and music

A. FURY

the whole opening intro song spoilt it for me man

hey hey come my way sucka sucka moma

but i actually enjoyed the movie

I found this film enjoyable, no where near as good as the original. I like the scenes with Thandie Newton in the bath tub. The ending was OK, mindless action fun.

The first one was gold, the second was crap, IMO...

Not as good as the first. But still enjoyable IMO. Like everyone said...just a mindless action movie.

John Woos movies are all great and very narrative......until he teamed up with Cruise and thats the last time he's had a hit....I'm stilll wondering why Anthony Hopkins took part in it..:(

M:I 2 was crap. At least the first one was actually a spy movie.

JackBauer said:
it was pure stinking crap. simple as that.
Agreed. MI2 wasnt just stinking crap it was stank:down

Octoberist said:
you're right. It's was the poorman's James Bond.

At least it looked...nice.

Yeah, but the poorman with $150m. It looks far better than any recent Bond movie, has far better action, more exciting, Anthony Hopkins is a better M than Judi Dench, and so on.

MI:II was alright, it was a halfway decent no brainer, popcorn movie.

I prefer the first one by far, but I did enjoy the motorbike stunts at the end.

this movie sucked even for a mindless action film.

Danger Mouse said:
MI2 was better than MI1. MI1 was boring as hell.

11755341.jpg

mkay?

I like Cruise for the most part, but this movie was awful. It's a shame because the first M:I film he did was quite good. The new one looks pretty good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"