Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters

You say that if it's unbearably confusing as if people can't distinguish different continuities from each other. I think everyone who's been a casual fan can tell the difference. Also, more live-action kaiju content is never a bad thing.

Good thing I didn't say it was confusing. Having 1 franchise spread out between 3 different studios/streamers isn't a good thing for anything

So far it hasn't been detrimental in the slightest to the Monsterverse's success though, so I'm not sure what the problem is here?

Edit: oh you meant certain projects in different streaming networks. Yeah, that's a little bit confusing given earlier this year, that Skull Island animated show that is supposed to be Monsterverse-adjacent came out on Netflix.

Reviews for the first few episodes:

Consequence.net was pretty much expecting this show to have kaiju battles and city destruction in every episode, huh? :funny:

So it's basically a mixed bag. Honestly I'm into the premise, but the second trailer didn't do much for me so I hope it's still worth my time.

Awesome. Sounds like they finally figured out that you need to write good human characters and not just rely on the monster fights to do all the work.

They sent out the screeners EARLY for this

As someone who isn't particularly fond of any of the preceding films, I'm quite curious about this show. I can see the potential in this pitch, and it certainly looks solid.

I keep seeing that sandy Godzilla and fearing a SH Monsterarts repaint.

Lots new footage. Really liking everything so far.

I've said it before and I'll say again....I feel like this show is being deliberately made for me.

Kurt is my favorite actor of all time. Combine him with Goji and it feels like Heaven.

Life is good

One Episode in and these are already the most interesting humans in the monsterverse

Did they paste John Goodman's head onto a stuntman for most of those shots?

I rewatched the Trailer and The Inside looks trailers and I can say that like 70% of footage is from the first two episodes.

Episode 3 is going to Alaska and it looks like episode 4 is going to be them in the desert with Goji. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess; though I would expect them to lay the ground work for where we find Monarch in KOTM and maybe lay the ground work for the Monsterverse beyond G&K:TNE

Can’t wait to watch this. I don’t have Apple TV but I might wait until all the episodes drop. Then I can do the 7 day free trial and binge it. Do we know how many episodes it’s going to be overall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"