Mother Chuffing Bioshock.

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay somebody had to get the Game of 2007 in here, so it might as well be me, the connoisseur of the genre.

1148302009.jpg

1147402329.jpg

1147402262.jpg

1147402260.jpg

Bioshock is an FPS/Action/RPG/Adventure game with a rare emergent-gameplay experience from the minds behind System Shock 2. The game takes place in an art-deco, decayed underwater metropolitan utopia. A spiritual successor to System Shock, Bioshock has a unique AI system where enemies won't always attack you and situations will never be the same twice.

Basically, it's everything you've ever wanted.

Yeah, this game will ****ing rock. I can't believe this, Mass Effect, and likely either KotORIII or Jade Empire 2 will be launching all in the same year. That's more quality RPGs than the xbox got in it's entire lifetime.

Don't forget Too Human and possibly Blue Dragon launching that year also. Though I look forward to Lost Odyssey more than any other Mistwalker game.

Fallout 3, Project New Jersey, and Project Grey Company might also make 2007 as well. Though I consider Too Human more of a Ninja Gaiden/God of War type game with RPG elements than a full on RPG.

Obsidian Entertainment's new RPG, it's a new IP, so it's not KotOR III or Neverwinter Nights III. Supposed to see some sort of announcement at X06 going by their forums. That's pretty much all that's known, besides that the team doing it is largely composed of the ex-troika guys that Obsidian and Bioware picked up, so it'll probably be real time and probably be ****ing awesome.

Obsidian is a bunch of vets from all over the place, and I think Kotor 2 was their first game together?

Well anyways, Troika made great games. Well, they were great games despite flaws that for some reason had no effect on how awesome the games were. They're one of the few developers who can get away with that.

Hopefully they've assimilated a bit and that Project New Jersey will see a silky-smooth development.

KotOR II was their first game as Obsidian, but most of them had worked together before. Bioware, Obsidian, and Troika all traded employees back and forth from when they knew each other at Black Isle or when they were working for one of the three, and when Troika went under, pretty much all of them went to one of the two. The team doing Project New Jersey can claim stuff like KotOR II, the Fallout series, and Vampire Bloodlines, a classic series and two 9/10 or better games despite being rushed and in the case of Vampire Bloodlines being built and released entirely on a beta version of Source. New Jersey will rock.

Speaking of Fallout, Fallout 3 is going to be my next Deus Ex.

Well, along with Bioshock.

You should have played Vampire Bloodlines, it was exactly like Deus Ex, it even had "Dead Ex", an homage quest that was also the best 30 minutes you'd ever have played in your gaming life time :(

But yeah, Bioshock is going to rock faces. Just looking at the screens and who's behind this game I can already tell that this game will ooze atmosphere and cool locales.

I did play Bloodlines. It was okay, but felt too TimeSplitters-y. I did play Dead Ex, which was a very scary mission, but the game just... I don't know. It didn't seem to have the coherence of the Deus Ex games.

I mean, it was good, but that underlying flaw left it not good enough to be considered a top-tier RPG, in my opinion.

The art style primarily, but there was the same "hollow" feeling about it. Maybe because in both games character footsteps don't make noise.

Plus, Vampires just aren't cool unless you're a goth kid. :(

Those vampires were ****ing cool, and I'm no goth. You just played one of the more "jack of all trades" clans and so got a boring character. You should have been a Tremere, they get awesome blood magic and make people vomit blood or explode and shower everyone with boiling blood and bone chunks, or a Malkavian just to see their "insanity" dialogue options. I really wish Activision would do a quickie 360 port :(

It's pretty obvious that the Vanbread were the obvious way to go, as they're the only characters in the game who aren't common street trash and sexually promiscuous scum.

All the more elaborate weapons in the game are made out of esoteric household materials combined for weaponised means, so that's going to make for some VERY interesting concepts.

Plus there's the fact that it's like System Shock, only with a cooler setting, better graphics, and probably better, more refined gameplay, making it one of the best games this gen.

Plus the entire ethical/human conservation subthemes that are going to either disturb you or really make you value what you have during gameplay, and we're guaranteed an absolutely classic experience.

Zenien posted a thread about this being ps3 bound, even though it'll be the same situation as splinter cell last gen, with the versions being so wildly different in quality that they may as well be xbox exclusive anyways.

Too Human, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fable 2 (Molyneux has spoken of his new, organized way of developing games which doesn't include the awkward satellite studios or strange times where the game will have only a few people working on it, as well as the benefits of being owned by Microsoft... long story short, Fable 2 is going to be much, much better, Molyneux said the first things they are implementing into this game are the things that DIDN'T make it into Fable 1, so kudos for that), Jade Empire 2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Fallout 3, Lord of the Rings: TES clone, Cry On, Enchanted Arms, Two Worlds, Kingdom Under Fire (it's an RPG this time!), Project New Jersey, Dungeon Explorer (made by Hudson)... oh man. Best console ever.

Manny Calavera said:
Zenien posted a thread about this being ps3 bound, even though it'll be the same situation as splinter cell last gen, with the versions being so wildly different in quality that they may as well be xbox exclusive anyways.
That was neither confirmed nor rumored. Zenien's makign up stuff again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"