Infinity War MVP, MDP, & Most Improved (SPOILERS)

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
WARNING - DISCUSSION MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

I have not seen the movie yet, but I thought with this many characters, this would be a fun game to play. What I want you to do is pick 1 character in each category:

Most Valuable Player (MVP) - Who is the shining star of this show?

Most Disappointing Player (MDP) - Who underwhlemded you?

Most Improved - Which character did you maybe not like that this film greatly improved for you?

Provide reasons for each response, if you feel so inclined. So that said, go on guys, DISCUSS!!! I will be making my picks tonight after I see it (7pm BABY!!!)

Last edited:
MVP: Thor.
MDP: Black Losers
MI: None.

MVP: Strange/Thor
MD: The Black Orrder
MI: Thanos

MVP: Thor.
Very powerful, had an arc that was his, and Hemsworth gave a broad and nuanced performance.

MDP: Hulk
It didn't bring me down that much since there's so much going on, and I expect it to lead somewhere good, but one can't deny that Hulk really didn't get to do much at all. Banner was great though.

MI: There's no one I haven't liked but I might pick Gamora.
She got to show more aspects to her personality, and had her best acting performance this far.

Edit: I'll clarify that I'm only picking from the heroes.

Last edited:
MVP: Tie between Thor and Doctor Strange. I'll probably give the nod to Strange.

MDP: Maybe Star Lord? But he had some good character moments and was given stuff to work with. Out of the lead characters, Black Panther was just kinda there and didn't do much.

MI: None. Although the Hulk / Banner relationship continues to evolve which I'm liking.

MVP: Thor/Scarlet Witch
MDP: Vision/Drax
MI: Scarlet Witch/Gamora

Thor-Strange-Thanos are the MVP

Hulk is MDP but we all know where it's leading.

MI I don't know? They are always awesome.

MVP: Strange & Thor
Honorable mentions: Stark (loads of new inventive moves) & Spidey

MDP: Vision, Hulk & Teen Groot

MI: I liked them fine before btw but Gamora & Scarlet Witch

MVP: Tie between Thor and Doctor Strange. I'll probably give the nod to Strange.

MDP: Maybe Star Lord? But he had some good character moments and was given stuff to work with. Out of the lead characters, Black Panther was just kinda there and didn't do much.

MI: None. Although the Hulk / Banner relationship continues to evolve which I'm liking.

Panther didn't do much but he wasn't just "kinda there". The matter/threat was brought to Wakanda. HIS kingdom.

MVP: Thor
MDP: Difficult I enjoyed them all and can understand that some will get their chance to shine in part 2. Maybe Black Widow though overall.
MI: Strange. I didn't particularly like his film so I was pleased.

MVP: Quill and Vision. Thought Bettany was terrific with what he had.

MDP: Cap. Sidelined for the sequel.

MI: War Machine - Liked Cheadle here. Wasn't a fan in previous showings.

MVP: Thor, easily. Mainly due to his amazing entrance in Wakanda. It was very satisfying seeing him charge with Rocket and Groot on both his sides and overpower the Outriders.

MDP: Vision. I mean, what the heck? I get that it was too risky for him to participate actively in the action because Mind Stone had to be protected from Thanos. Still, he was seriously nerfed in every fight when compared to his appearances in Age of Ultron and Civil War. He really seemed weak this time.

MI: I liked Doctor Strange (as both the movie and the character) but last time we saw him he was merely a novice and he didn't have many interesting abilities. So, this movie really made a great use of him. It looks like Strange got a serious power boost and learned many new spells and tricks. I was very impressed that he was the only one who could fight Thanos one on one for so long. Now I'm even more excited at the prospect of Strange's sequel.

MVP: Thor/Scarlet Witch
MDP: Vision/Drax
MI: Scarlet Witch/Gamora

Okay here goes

MVP: Thanos, it's really his movie. He's a well developed character, a legitimate menace - but the Russos are clever in that they dont make him so utterly invincible that it destroys the tension, there are a couple of moments where it looks like the heroes are going to win.

Also, his use of the stones was interesting and creative, not just simply blasting the heroes to pieces.

For the good guys I'll say Dr Strange, although he gets taken put and abducted by Ebony Maw, the one key thing he does is use the time stone to look at all the possible futures and find the one where the heroes win. Im convinced that's why he gives Thanos the time stone, to save Tony, because he's seen that Tony has to be alive for the universe to be restored. To me, those actions set the heroes on course to victory although they lose in the short run.

MDP: Cap and BP, not for anything they did or didn't do, more for them being such great characters but getting very little screentime - although I completely understand why.

Vision gets taken out very easily - I think folks have vastly overestimated his abilities. His main purpose in the film
is to be a walking liability - although thats for story purposes.

MI: Tie between Wanda and Gamora.

Wanda gets some terrific power feats and has really come into her own as a superhero. She's got screen presence and is starting to feel like one of the real powerhouses of the Avengers team.

Gamora gets some great moments with Thanos.
Before this film I had felt that Saldana was the weakest performance on the guardians team ( in terms of acting) but over GOTG vol 2 and this film she really lifts her game.

The bit where she laughs at Thanos, because she believes that he cant get the soul stone - because he loves nothing - is great because of both her and Brolin's performances. Its one of the best scenes in the film, because as an audience member you know what's going to happen, but you gasp anyway.

Honourable mention to Thor. While Thor has lots of great little moments, especially with GOTG, what does he actually accomplish, other than making a new weapon? I guess he saves the day against Thanos' army of crazed monsters, so he shouldget credit for that.

He almost kills Thanos, but fails and the "snap" happens anyway. However, he should get big props from getting absolutely smashed by Thanos at the start, to nearly killing him at the end. Thor was definitely one of the stand outs of the film - much more so than previous Avengers movies.

MVP: Doctor Strange. The dude is just straight up awesome. I love the visual nature of his powers and I always feel like I'm watching a force to be reckoned with when he's on screen.
MDP: Vision had a hard time in this movie. Black Widow also didn't seem to have more than two lines in the entire film and was just... there.
MI: Wanda. I've done a total 180 when it comes to my opinion on her. Lizzie did a great job.

MVP: Thor, easily. Mainly due to his amazing entrance in Wakanda. It was very satisfying seeing him charge with Rocket and Groot on both his sides and overpower the Outriders.

MDP: Vision. I mean, what the heck? I get that it was too risky for him to participate actively in the action because Mind Stone had to be protected from Thanos. Still, he was seriously nerfed in every fight when compared to his appearances in Age of Ultron and Civil War. He really seemed weak this time.

MI: I liked Doctor Strange (as both the movie and the character) but last time we saw him he was merely a novice and he didn't have many interesting abilities. So, this movie really made a great use of him. It looks like Strange got a serious power boost and learned many new spells and tricks. I was very impressed that he was the only one who could fight Thanos one on one for so long. Now I'm even more excited at the prospect of Strange's sequel.

Yeah, Strange really had some good moments, and I believe he
will be revealed to be the guy who set things in motion that ends up restoring the universe

His new spells were cool - I think we actually saw the crimson bands of Cyttorak spell.

And of course Cumberbatch held his own with RDJ brilliantly.

Yeah, Strange really had some good moments, and I believe he
will be revealed to be the guy who set things in motion that ends up restoring the universe

His new spells were cool - I think we actually saw the crimson bands of Cyttorak spell.

And of course Cumberbatch held his own with RDJ brilliantly.

That was my first thought when that spell happened. It has to be that.

Man people are high on Doctor Strange, a bit suprising giving that the early Twitter reactions hardly talked about him.

MVP - Iron Man, Dr Strange, and Captain America
MDP - Hulk and Star-Lord
Most Improved - Spider-Man, Gamora, Nebula, Dr Strange, Drax, Mantis, Groot, and Rocket

MVP: Thanos. Best MCU villain by far.
MDP: Nebula - but only because she hardly got any screentime.
MI: Doctor Strange - He really came into his own here; his scenes with Tony Stark were great.

Anyone not picking THANOS as the MVP of this movie, seriously needs to have their judgement questioned. It's his movie. And Josh Brolin gives a beautiful, achingly human performance, that cuts through the CGI nature of the role, and allows us to actually have some empathy towards a genocidal monster on a universal scale.

MVP: Thanos - amazing villain. Thor was great too.
MDP: Star Lord, Hulk - not too fussed about the latter since he'll have his time.
MI: Doctor Strange. I never disliked him, my feelings toward him were lukewarm but I loved him here.

MVP: I'm torn between Thor and Thanos. Thor was just a-m-a-z-i-n-g and a total badass. Thanos was awesome, made me even feel for him with his interactions with Gamora.

MDP: off the top of my head, I can't really think of a character that totally disappointed me. Maybe Hulk for not showing up? lol

MI: Gamora, Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange for me.

MVP - I am sorry Thor fans, the only answer to this is THANOS!!!! This movie entirely hinges on him working, and boy does he ever. I think he dethtones Loki as best MCU villain.

MDP - Vision for me slightly. He doesn't get a chance to shine before he is wounded, and then he is wounded all movie.

Most Improved - Scarlet Witch. She was good in Civil War, but didn't get much to do once she sets of the chain of events with Lagos. Here, she has so much rich material to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"