My Carol Danvers Captain Marvel Concept Art

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
carol_danvers_captain_marvel_concept_art_by_needham_comics-d86s7ri.jpg
This is my concept art for Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel movie. Since there has been very little of the Kree actually shown I had to look at other sources. I used Ronan the Accuser from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, the Kree Ambassador, the other designs from the Guardians like the Novas and Thor for Carol's designs. If you look at the Marvel movie universe the characters that are human based like Captain America, Fury, Hill, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, their costumes are made of fabrics, straps, buckles, and zippers. Aliens like Thor and Ronan, for example, wear armor with intricate designs.
Her costume is Kree armor. Metallic like Iron Man's, colored red, over dark Fabrics like Thor's (not leather).
Her Yellow Captains Bars styled stripes leading to her star logo have (what I hope) is Kree writing that we are seeing on Agents of SHIELD and on Ronan's ship. And if you look at the Guardians clothing things are sort of off center and at odd angles.
But they also seem to be trying to make sure the alien worlds are believable too, or maybe its that they aren't too powerful. The Novas weren't shown to have powers and wear tech armor. So I was unsure if the Kree soldiers like Mar-Vell would have powers. Or perhaps he would have powers because the Asguardians are super strong and what not. Plus I needed a reason why Carol would wear a costume in the first place. Why not just a SHIELD jump suit? So I came up with a concept that might cover all bases. In the film Carol teams up with Mar-Vell to stop Yon-Rogg and his troops. During the film near the end (like where Thor gets his powers back or where Reece dies in Terminator 1) Mar-Vell is dying. He splices his DNA onto Carol's so she can wear his armor and save the city and defeat Rogg and the Sentry. That way she gets the costume. The armor maybe is what has the powers. Like a much more advanced Iron Man suit, since it is Kree and the Kree are the most advanced aliens. It could even be reasoned that Carol's DNA is altered to have the powers by the end of the film with advanced Kree Nano-tech.
Anyway like in the comics and like Star Lord's helmet in Guardians her herlmet forms and evaporates around her head instead of being a helmet she must put on and take off. Whe she is in space or flying at top speeds her helmet shields her with an energy field. Likewise, also like the comic, her costume can form around her or evaporate in a blaze of light when she is putting it on or taking it off. I used her current costume as the main reference but also added in the Ultimate Mar-Vell design since that is what they used in the popular Avengers cartoon. I also tried using Mar-Vell's original Trojan Soldier design as well as her other designs. I want Carol to be a character as powerful as Thor and as popular to be considered one of Marvel's top characters up there with Stark, Cap, and Thor.
I might add more later.

My Commission Info:
I lowered my prices.
Its $25 for a head sketch to the shoulders in pencil on 11x17 paper.
$50 for a full figure in pencil on 11x17 paper.
$75 for a full colored/cleaned up figure drawn on 11x17.
And add an extra full body colored figure, + $50 per extra figure.

My Commission Email:
[email protected]

That's pretty good. I like the armor. I could see them modifying the head set to show her face and hair more.

did you base her off anyone? kinda reminds me of Heigl a bit

Nice that design is pretty cool and would translate well to live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"