Jude Law IS ????

tumblr_inline_p7yrquS7gI1uv9nx5_540.gif

I still think this is all a big misdirection. Plus I just don't want Mar-Vell to be a villainous or grey character. He was a hero, dammit.

tumblr_inline_p7yrquS7gI1uv9nx5_540.gif

I still think this is all a big misdirection. Plus I just don't want Mar-Vell to be a villainous or grey character. He was a hero, dammit.
I'm beginning to think he sacrifices himself to protect Carol when she turns against the Kree.

It was probably a glitch.
The Jude Law/ Marvell reference is gone now.

I want Mar-Vell in this but not as a villain. That isn't "staying true to the characters". How could they think that's a good idea? To take the guys name from him to give it to Carol is one thing but to compound the tragedy make him a villain is just a slap in the face to his legacy.

Just think if the roles were reversed how people would be crying misogyny an sexism.

After the Mandarin debacle, I refuse to believe that Marvel would do something as dumb as turning Mar-Vell into a villain.

I like the idea of combing elements of Mar-Vell and Yon-Rogg’s characters and having the movie version start out as an ideal, heroic type who inspires Carol and the Kree in their conflict with the Skrulls but exponentially reveals more unpleasant tendencies in his outlook and treatment of enemies (Ronan gets radicalized this way, maybe) and the rift created between Carol and her mentor can continue the thematic through-line set by previous Marvel movies like Ragnarok and Black Panther, wherein the hero’s tasked with carrying on a legacy but must also come to understand that change is vital for the survival of an ideal or set of ideals.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The plot thickens!

DvioMQHUwAAqgjl.jpg
I was already convinced of who he is based on the Funko, so the most notable thing I got from this is the confirmation of the
Supreme Intelligence.

Reactions: MbJ
Based on the ML figure and Funko Pop, it appears to me that likely

Law is Yon-Rogg...and Mar-Vell may be Carol's Kree name

I like the figure from the Marvel Legends line. I would like to own both him and the Genis-vell figure.

After the Mandarin debacle, I refuse to believe that Marvel would do something as dumb as turning Mar-Vell into a villain.

That would upset me quite a bit, and I was/am looking forward to this movie. I’ve always been a fan of Carol, but I’ve always been a fan of Mar-Vell as well.

Need to wait for the story, but if she never assumes the Ms Marvel identity and they pointedly ignore the importance of the original Captain Mar-Vell exactly what's the point of this movie again?

Hopefully it won't be that bad, maybe you can explain how they can avoid this plothole?

I definitely hope that wouldn't be the case.

I definitely hope that wouldn't be the case.
It won't, unless they've lost their minds. At this point my guess is that either he isn't in the movie at all, or that Annette Bening is playing him.

Need to wait for the story, but if she never assumes the Ms Marvel identity and they pointedly ignore the importance of the original Captain Mar-Vell exactly what's the point of this movie again?

Hopefully it won't be that bad, maybe you can explain how they can avoid this plothole?

The movie isn't Ms. Marvel. It is Captain Marvel. It's been apparent for a while they were skipping the Ms. Marvel era. Mar-Vell's role has been the mystery, and I think this can work without him being in it at all if that is where they're going.

The point of the movie is introducing Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel for the MCU. It can do that without following her entire, extremely convoluted comics history just fine.

I can see how it's disappointing for Mar-vell fans
but I guess he's really not necessary to make Carol's story work, outside of the name issue

Last edited:
Hey everyone Big fan the cool man. I've been a long time spectator of these forums, mostly scouring for I have a theory about Carol's time travel abilities and Jude laws character

I believe Jude law's character will be pretending to be Mar-Vell and Carol's "visions" will be the real Mar-Vell contacting her from the quantum realm a LA Janet to Scott in antman and the wasp. Carol's accident has something to do with quantum energy which caused Mar-Vell to be trapped in the quantum realm while giving Carol quantum based powers. Once she realizes this she's able to tap into quantum energy(see Janet and ghost) and go binary which is probably why she can time travel.
Thanks for listening to my possible spoilers but probable fan fic

Hey everyone Big fan the cool man. I've been a long time spectator of these forums, mostly scouring for I have a theory about Carol's time travel abilities and Jude laws character

I believe Jude law's character will be pretending to be Mar-Vell and Carol's "visions" will be the real Mar-Vell contacting her from the quantum realm a LA Janet to Scott in antman and the wasp. Carol's accident has something to do with quantum energy which caused Mar-Vell to be trapped in the quantum realm while giving Carol quantum based powers. Once she realizes this she's able to tap into quantum energy(see Janet and ghost) and go binary which is probably why she can time travel.
Thanks for listening to my possible spoilers but probable fan fic

I don't think he's Mar-Vell like it's been speculated. Rumors suggest otherwise now

I bet he’s playing mar-vell and then bam, they’ll announce he’s a skrull. That’s why they’re not announcing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"