• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels My "Movie-Interpretation" of the Clone Saga

Turtle-Man

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Clone Saga, during the 90's, was way too complicated. With all of the twists, and turns, it just didn't make much sense. I've put a bit of thought into it, and it seems my idea might work.

You may hate me for deviating from the comics too much, but this is only a writer's interpretation of what could work in theatres.

Summary: Peter Parker is slowly recovering from the tragedies of the third film. His relationship with Mary Jane is beginning to unfold, and his life is going well. He is haunted by the darkness within, and the experience with the symbiote brings back confusing thoughts about who he truly is. Is he a gentle, kind superhero? Or is he full of evil, uncertainty, and self-conflict? He begins to contemplate this, and, after allowing for some tragic incidents (people shot, robberies, and slip-ups while rescuing people), Peter Parker isn't sure if he is capable of, or even confident enough to continue donning the mask. Maybe the taste of his "darkness" has left a sense of fear, and sorrow in him. He's been thrown into a depression that will not be easy to recover from. Could this be his end as a superhero?

Peter and MJ are beginning to rebuild their relationship, and all seems fine. He still attends class, has a staff job at the Bugle, and everything is turning out all right. After one of his classes, Peter runs into Gwen Stacy, who happens to be with an older male. With everything still a bit shaky with them, they converse, and Gwen introduces the older man as her biology professor, Professor Miles Warren. Gwen tells Peter about how Warren actually has a special amount of knowledge in genetics, and has been talking quite a bit about DNA, and the wonders of cloning (it's possible, since it's happened in our reality). The Professor asks Peter what he does for a living, and Parker responds by telling him "I'm the guy who takes the pictures of Spider-Man". Warren notes that he has a fascination with how Spider-Man received his powers, and tells Parker a bit about his research into the subject. They both part ways. Peter, at this time, still retains the pain and fear of realizing the monster he was deep inside. His self-esteem is lowered by thoughts of his actions, and his confusion grows. Peter spends a bit of time on the roof tops contemplating his feelings. Warren, meanwhile, is speaking to his wife on the phone. He asks where she is taking them, and she replies they had better take a bit of time apart from each other. She and the children are in a car, driving. Warren understands, and hangs up. He still loves them dearly. On one eventful day (he is asked by J. Jonah Jameson to attend a dinner party, and take pictures during the celebration for the Bugle. He never makes it there), Peter makes a terrible mistake.

On his way to the venue, he notices the police pass by, and a group of armed robbers are speeding away. As they shoot at Spidey, his hand is clipped by one of the bullets. This causes him to spiral toward the car in a brilliant, fancy fashion, quickly recovering from the impact. He lands on the front of the car, and punches a hole in the glass. The driver makes a sharp 90 degree turn around the corner, the gunshots from the bullets scrape his chest, and he turns to check where the driver is going, and the speedy car crashes straight into another car, flipping them both. Spidey is straight in the middle of it, and is thrown 15 feet back. The police, ambulance and fire department arrive (and, although not revealed, the media. We all hated when they showed the media in Spidey 3, so we'll just presume they were there later on). Spidey looks at the people inside of the car, and he walks around the scene. As he walks by, one firefighter shakes his head while looking at the scene. There is a sense of grief, anger, and regret. We see Peter walking along the sidewalk, dressed normally, his head down.

Peter swings away, in disbelief, and decides not to show up at the dinner. That night, he once more asks himself if he is responsible enough, and the right person to be saving people. MJ asks him what's wrong, and he tells her about how he feels. She hugs him, and gives him a bit of comfort, while he just stares at the wall, not sure how to feel. On the other side of the story, we see Warren reading the newspaper, and he begins to feel anger, rage, hate. He lost his family in a car accident moments after he hung up, Spider-Man was there, and, in his eyes, Spidey did nothing to save them. He roars out in anger, and, using the prior research he has had, thinks about cloning his wife, and children, but then questions whether he would go as far as to create a duplicate of his family, while the originals remained dead. He knew it was wrong, and then realized he could clone Spider-Man (we're not given any hints at all about this. It won't happen until later on), and have him feel the same kind of pain. He believes he has lost it all, and anything he does now means very little to him. His fixation with the torment of Spider-Man begins. He walks out of the room.

Peter goes to the Bugle, and is placed in a bad situation. For not showing up at the place, and for not being able to provide photos of Spider-Man at the crime scene, Jameson takes Parker's staff job away. Then he fires him. Jameson pauses, and realizes without Parker, no more Spidey pictures. Joseph "Robbie" Robertson then hires Peter, but Jameson tells him he can't do that, then proceeds to rehire him, but the staff job is no more. Peter leaves, a bit frustrated, waves to Betty, and leaves the Bugle.

We're back with Warren. His assistant is helping shuffle things around in his lab, when Warren walks through the door in angst. His anxiety level is high, and he reaches into one of his drawers. The assistant, realizing what Miles is doing, runs over to him and tells him not to take the formula, "you know how much of a risk that could be". Warren looks at him, and gives him a cold look. Warren then asks the assistant to leave the room, but the assistant asks for Warren to release the formula from his hand. Warren shouts for him to leave the room, but the assistant, worried about the consequences, takes the formula away from him. Miles asks him, in a shaky tone, to give the formula back to him. The assistant tells him he can't let him lose control over his life, and that he needs to realize he still has an opportunity to live a full life. Miles gets impatient, and tells him to return the formula. When the assistant refuses to, and threatens to destroy the formula if Warren doesn't back down, Miles lunges at him and strangles him to death with a chain. Realizing what he had just done, Warren begins to cry, and seems to be losing it. He feels fear, and needs a way to escape from it all. He takes one of his three formulas, and tests it on himself in desperation, telling himself he would only need to use one of the formulas in times when he had nothing left to keep him going. He closes his eyes, and focuses. Miles warns himself about the drug's effect on humans, but if he has lost everything (he treats his dearly beloved family as everything to him, and is in a state of hatred. He feels betrayed by Spider-Man), it is a necessary action to take. Miles injects himself with the formula. He closes his eyes, then begins to shiver. He begins to squeeze his fists, and his eyes dilate for a moment. He falls. The audience has no idea what he injected, and will likely suspect he's commited suicide.

Peter visits Aunt May, and tells her about his life, and how everything has been going well. They have tea. She expresses her happiness for him, and he gives her an envelope full of money. He smiles, and tells her he's appreciated everything she has done for him, and that that is the least he can do to thank her. She looks at him, and slowly accepts it. She remarks at how he's matured over the years, and that if his parents could see him, they would be so proud of him. Aunt May then talks to him a bit more, and tells that although he doesn't visit often, when he does visit, it brightens her life. He leaves, but a few seconds after Aunt May closes the door (Peter's outside), he has a sense of guilt on his face, as if he had put on an act to put a smile on her face. He is extremely glad to see her, but, at the same time, he feels as if he doesn't even know himself anymore, and, yet, Aunt May is talking about him. You can pretty much tell this by the expression on his face. He walks off screen.

Edit: More later.

not really much here yet except for peter stopping road rage. just post a summary cause most people dont want to have to read several long posts to to get an idea. not trying to be rude, just a pointer

agree with tim, please post overall summary, then post details later

Yeah, I know. The post sucked. I decided to write down everything until the first appearance of the Jackal. Please comment.

Anyway, that should take a 45 minute chunk of the film. I predict the movie's going to be 2.5 hours long. I'm going to have to cut out a lot of stuff, though, like the extra clones, the Green Goblin, and Carion, and all of those weird characters. For villains, I really just want to focus on the Jackal's hatred of Spidey, and one Spider-Man clone (Ben Reilly).

Edit: Hehe, when I say movie, I mean "idea".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"