• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

N.M. cops: Mom confesses to suffocating boy

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Transient arrested in death of son whose body was buried in a playground

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - The mother of 3-year-old boy found buried at playground confessed to police that said she suffocated her son, police in New Mexico said.

Police arrested the 23-year-old woman in the death of the 3-year-old boy found buried in the sand at a New Mexico playground.

Albuquerque court records show Tiffany Toribio was arrested early Thursday on a count of murder and several counts of child abuse resulting in death. She was being held on $250,000 bond.

Toribio is a transient who had stayed at a home several blocks from Alvarado Park, where the unidentified boy's body was found last Friday, Police Chief Ray Schultz said.

Family members and others contacted police after investigators released an image of the boy. Relatives said the image was similar to Toribio's 3-year-old son, who hadn't been seen since May 12.

Mom spots a child's shoe
The investigation began Friday afternoon when a woman who took her children to the city park in Albuquerque spotted part of child's shoe sticking out of the sand. She called police.

Forensic experts with the state's Office of the Medical Investigator told police the boy could not have been dead longer than 48 hours, police spokesman John Walsh said.

Police had received no reports of missing children in the day before the discovery, Schultz said. He would not say whether there were any wounds on the body.

The child was wearing a red shirt with the image of a four-wheel drive truck on the front, black nylon pants with red stripes and black shoes.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Police said Thursday that the mother of a 3-year-old boy found buried at a playground told investigators she suffocated him, had second thoughts and brought him back to life, then changed her mind and suffocated him again.

Police Chief Ray Schultz said Tiffany Toribio, 23, told officers that she and her son, Tyruss "Ty" Toribio, were in Alvarado Park before dawn on May 13 and that she suffocated him while he was asleep.

She told detectives she had second thoughts and performed CPR on the boy, reviving him, but again reconsidered and placed her hand over his nose and mouth until he suffocated, Schultz said. She said she waited a few minutes before burying him in the playground, the chief said.

Ty's body was found Friday by a mother who saw his black tennis shoe sticking out of the sand. Police released an artist's rendering of the boy's image on Tuesday, which led to tips about Toribio from family members and others, Schultz said.

Police picked up Toribio after she called them late Wednesday saying she had left home and was walking to the police station to turn herself in, the chief said. At first she denied being Tiffany Toribio, but officers found her identification and she acknowledged who she was, he said.

Neither the district attorney's office nor police knew if Toribio had an attorney, but she would have to have representation by her Friday arraignment.

Schultz called it "somber day" in Albuquerque.

"He was a very special child and that's what makes this case so hard for everybody within the Albuquerque Police Department that's worked on it for the last six days," he said.

At the playground — filled now with flowers, plaques and candles — about a dozen people gathered, some part of the regular vigil held there since last week and others who came down after hearing of the arrest on the TV news.

"We named him 'Baby Angel' and it's important now that we know his real name," said Sarah Sandoval, who lives nearby. "Now, his mother will find out this baby has a lot of people who love him and will do anything for a child."

As a father, I found this to be very appalling.

What is this, depressing news thursday on the hype?

I really hope this ***** gets murdered. Who could do something that? God, the things that humans do to eachother really makes me sick to my stomache.

She told detectives she had second thoughts and performed CPR on the boy, reviving him, but again reconsidered and placed her hand over his nose and mouth until he suffocated, Schultz said. She said she waited a few minutes before burying him in the playground, the chief said.

Ty's body was found Friday by a mother who saw his black tennis shoe sticking out of the sand.

I hope this ***** burns in hell!!! That is without a doubt the single most disgusting thing I have ever read. I have kids and I couldn't even begin to imagine what that scene must have been like. Horrific.

Tiffany Toribio , May her name be erased.

Has anybody stopped to ask WHY a mother would do that to her child? I seem to feel pity more than I feel resentment.

Has anybody stopped to ask WHY a mother would do that to her child? I seem to feel pity more than I feel resentment.
You're right. We shouldn't be sitting here cursing for her Filicide, we should be pitying her for her obvious insanity.

You're right. We shouldn't be sitting here cursing for her Filicide, we should be pitying her for her obvious insanity.
You just taught me a word. :up:

I never said you SHOULD be doing anything, by the way. All I stated was how I feel.

I really hope this ***** gets murdered. Who could do something that? God, the things that humans do to eachother really makes me sick to my stomache.

Yeah murder is wrong... I hope someone murders her. :whatever:

Murderer or not she's still a human being and killing human beings is wrong according to you, so there's little difference in killing her than what she has done. It should still make you as sick.

Ty's body was found Friday by a mother who saw his black tennis shoe sticking out of the sand.

I hope this ***** burns in hell!!! That is without a doubt the single most disgusting thing I have ever read. I have kids and I couldn't even begin to imagine what that scene must have been like. Horrific.

It's pretty awful what she must've gone through but if you have kids and you're anything like any of the other parents I've known then you know what stresses children can bring.

I'm not ashamed to say that there were some frustrating times in those first few months where I was scared that I might flip out. I didn't, and i don't think I was really ever in any danger but we all know it's a possibility.

I agree to a certain degree. She's obviously got serious issues to work out and they could be medical or psychological... Unfortunately she could just be a bad person.

Also you taught me a word. :up: And a good one! ... Well... you know.

Wow, my son just said Da da, and the thought that I'd never hear it again is appalling. There is nothing in life so bad as to warrant killing your own kid. I have no sympathy for her.

Wow, my son just said Da da, and the thought that I'd never hear it again is appalling. There is nothing in life so bad as to warrant killing your own kid. I have no sympathy for her.

What about the dozens of single parents who accidentally shake their babies to death out of frustration? What about someone who has severe psychological malfunctions.

I'm certainly not trying to defend her but I would say that it is unclear what was going through her mind when she did what she did and it's unfair to pass judgments without hearing all of the available information.

those are just whiney excuses for weak people to try and rationalize why they can't handle the pressures of parenthood.

those are just whiney excuses for weak people to try and rationalize why they can't handle the pressures of parenthood.

You sure are a shining representative of Chritian values, there :whatever:

Is it really that hard not to pass judgement?

It's really hard to find sympathy for a murderer. It's like people are making her the victim. The victim is the little boy who will never know life.

I don't give a sh** if she thought that her kid was the anti-christ & she thought what she was doing was justified. She is a nutbag & should be executed as such.

I am so f-ing sick of people wanting to understand everything. How about what was going on in that poor babies mind when it was being smothered by the only person that he should trust? Huh!!! how the f**k about that!

mother f**k Sigmun Freud!

I am so f-ing sick of people wanting to understand everything. How about what was going on in that poor babies mind when it was being smothered by the only person that he should trust? Huh!!! how the f**k about that!
How does it hurt you if I pity her? I'm incredibly sad for the child; pity for the mother doesn't automatically mean apathy toward the child.

Just chill the **** out. Seriously. Live and let live.

Your pity for a homocidal maniac makes me sick that is why.

Ok my bad Homicidal. Evidently you can have pity for a sick & twisted woman just as long as she spells correctly.

Of all the places to bury your son, why a playground??
When will some people understand that children are not property or pieces of furniture? You don't just dispose of them when you don't want them. How sad.

I apologize Battousai if I'm unsympathetic to a murderer. Yes, I'm a Christian. Am I perfect? Not even close. That is one area that I struggle with. My great aunt was murdered in 1998. When I hear of someone killing a defenseless person, I always think of her.

Here is some information on her killer. You may remember the Railroad killer from American's Most Wanted.

http://www.serialkillerdatabase.net/angelresendiz.html

I don't give a sh** if she thought that her kid was the anti-christ & she thought what she was doing was justified. She is a nutbag & should be executed as such.
So according too you nutbags should be executed? Thats what the nazis said. I agree all sane murderers should be executed, and she was obviously insane. We should try to cure her. If she did have halicinations that "Her kid was the Anti-Christ" then it wasn't her fault she did the murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"