Natalie Portman Might Play a Hooker

hunter rider said:
Yes and im fine with it not being in there but it has no bearing on Portman not being nude in this film,the reason many expected it in SC is b/c every other panel from the book was recreated exactly

To be blunt the reason they judge Nathalie different to Jessica is that they respect her as her roles have earned that
oh you mean those awesome star wars prequel movies. yeah everyone loved her in those movies.

"oh anakin your breaking my heart"

yep top notch.

*waits for all the star wars peopleto attack him cause i bad mouthed SW.*

Darthphere said:
Like you said, why film it and then change her mind. The director has come out and said that he took the scenes out himself and Natalie had nothing to do with it. Wow, JAL, this is pretty pathetic.

He removed then b/c he thought they detracted from the scene by distracting the audience

J Alba's Lover said:
oh you mean those awesome star wars prequel movies. yeah everyone loved her in those movies.

yep top notch.

Leon,Closer,Garden State,V for Vendetta,Heat,Cold Mountain........

I find it funny how JAL is always the innocent one stating his opinion or the victim of everyone else's criticism.

JAL you aren't fooling anyone with your lil digs at people and movies. Give it up.

J Alba's Lover said:

yep top notch.

I liked that part. :(

Just about every Alba movie is "meh"
She's just eye candy

I think the "Natalie Portman is Better than You" thread really f'ed up JAL. He now seems to have a extreme dislike of her. But I don't know why he feels the need to compare Natalie with Jessica.

He's just mad that Nat is more talented than JA

Erzengel said:
I think the "Natalie Portman is Better than You" thread really f'ed up JAL. He now seems to have a extreme dislike of her. But I don't know why he feels the need to compare Natalie with Jessica.

He shoots down Nathalie and Scarlett b/c they are in the same brackett age-wise as Jessica and are also male pin up favs but they get respect for their craft as well which Jessica doesn't at this time

Well Natalie has a Golden Globe which is the ****ty sister of an Oscar but I consider that putting her in an upper echelon than most actresses her age.

J Alba's Lover said:

yep top notch.

Yes, blame bad writing on Natalie.

And no we mean: Garden State, Closer(golden globe win and oscar nod), Anywhere But Here (Golden Globe nod), V for Vendetta, and Leon.

Now tell, me, what on Alba's resume is so much more noteworthy than Natalie's?

Tangled Web said:
Yes, blame bad writing on Natalie.

And no we mean: Garden State, Closer(golden globe win and oscar nod), Anywhere But Here (Golden Globe nod), V for Vendetta, and Leon.

Now tell, me, what on Alba's resume is so much more noteworthy than Natalie's?

Anywhere but here....whats that TW ? i recognize the title but can;t place the movie

Anywhere But Here was the one with Susan Sarandon.

hunter rider said:
Anywhere but here....whats that TW ? i recognize the title but can;t place the movie
It's the one where Susan Sarrandon is her Mom and they move from like Iowa to the outskirts of Hollwood because Susan Sarrandon wants her daughter to be an actress. And the two don't really get along.

It's a really sweet film you should check it out. Though I'm sure it doesn't compare to Jessica Alba's performance in that cinematic heir to Citezen Kane's throne; "Into the Blue", right JAL?

hunter rider said:
He removed then b/c he thought they detracted from the scene by distracting the audience

Yeah, I know.

Tangled Web said:
It's the one where Susan Sarrandon is her Mom and they move from like Iowa to the outskirts of Hollwood because Susan Sarrandon wants her daughter to be an actress. And the two don't really get along.

It's a really sweet film you should check it out.

I'll have to check it out,sounds good:up:,Sarandon is usually pretty good as well

Darthphere said:
Yeah, I know.

I was just adding onto your points to JAL to try and drive it home:)...it wont work:(

He still hasn't named one Alba performance that was better than Nat's.

And hes not going to, and really it isnt necessary, this little rivalry is idiotic.

Could anyone frigging talk about the movie rather than your rival starlet fetishes? Going by the official website rundown of the plot, I don't have a ton of confidence in this being particularly good. Potential perhaps, but it strikes me as another one of those movies where "wacky characters" with unusual names and "quirkiness" fill in as a thin veil for the projects mediocrity, lack of wit and incohesiveness. Garden State was the most horrifyingly awful example of this trend in independant film, and Natalie has a couple of other projects coming out where the sypnosis(ees?) give somewhat of that indication, particularly that one called "My Blueberry Nights" or something. It's also another "Jude Law Vehicle" which is another strike against it. Anyway, the director of Johnny Postal doesn't have a confidence building resume either. Crew work that he uses to mislead people with about "working with Robert Deniro" etc, when he apparently did uncredited work on Deniro's worst movie ever, Godsend.

Here's the sypnosis, via http://www.johnnypostalthemovie.com/synopsis.html

JOHNNY POSTAL is a dark romantic comedy that deals with the loss of identity, the rediscovery of one’s self and the courage to walk through the fears that are designed to hold us down.

JOHNNY RIO, mid twenties, grew in an abusive household, which eventually took a devastating toll on his life. Feeling totally despondent and useless for the years that followed, he withdrew deep into the darkness of his own subconscious, the last line of defense the brain offers before reaching the breaking point of insanity.

As he grows older with no ambition or interests in life, he meets SOAPBOX, mid fifties, handy man at a low class trailer park in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. Soapbox, known for his constant pontificating, becomes Johnny’s mentor, philosopher and best friend. He preaches to Johnny day and night about how important it is to contribute to society and expect nothing in return for one’s work. It is on Soapbox’s deathbed that he finally realizes that it is time for him to take that one giant step forward.

He leaves the trailer park and heads north to Asbury Park, New Jersey, Soapbox’s place of birth. Shortly after his arrival, he meets RANDA LEIGH, a young prostitute dealing with her own painful background who withdraws into the character of Holly Golightly from the movie “BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S” every time she has to face a customer.

Randa and Johnny quickly fall in love and take the audience on a wonderful, peculiar journey of self-exploration, the stripping off of invented armor and the discovery of one’s soul mate.

Darthphere said:
And hes not going to, and really it isnt necessary, this little rivalry is idiotic.

It's not necessary because Nat>Alba

This thread makes me want to quote Jay from Clerks 2. "OHH!":wow:

I applaud Alba's performances in Sin City and Idle Hands. Beyond those two movies I haven't liked any other performance of her's.

Natalie definately is the better actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"