NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

upload_2022-11-3_21-55-49.jpeg

The Nets issued the statement that Kyrie in “unfit to be associated with the Nets franchise” and suspended him 5 games. So I guess that after those 5 games he will be fit to be associated with them again.

Nets decided not to hire Ime Udoka, after all.

Perhaps they felt that they already had enough on their plates after this whole Kyrie fiasco. Haha

One positive thing from Nets this season is that Yuta is getting his minutes increased compared to when he was with Raptors.

I am really thrilled and happy to see him play 20-25 minutes every night and contributed very well from the bench. I feel that he is playing with a lot of energy and fun also when he was entrusted to play at a lot of closing minutes this season.

Nets decided not to hire Ime Udoka, after all.

Perhaps they felt that they already had enough on their plates after this whole Kyrie fiasco. Haha

they were getting torched by local media over it they just couldn't proceed with that even though they really wanted to

total clown show but they did beat my knicks last night :argh:

years from now, are we going to talk about Davis like we do Grant Hill? Brandon Roy? T-Mac?

or will the conversation be different because he has won championship(s)?

the ring will put a shine on his career for sure but the years after and this year shows the 4month lay off before the bubble helped them out the most [captain obvious]

I am afraid AD legacy will be just like Lamar Odom or Ron Artest...

Yes they both were also won championship with the team but problems off the court had derailed their respective careers and in the end they were not talked much after their playing days are over.

Though in AD's case, it is more an injury's problem more than anything.

At best, he will be sort of forgotten like Dwight Howard.

Let's hope not so, though...

I am afraid AD legacy will be just like Lamar Odom or Ron Artest...

Yes they both were also won championship with the team but problems off the court had derailed their respective careers and in the end they were not talked much after their playing days are over.

Though in AD's case, it is more an injury's problem more than anything.

At best, he will be sort of forgotten like Dwight Howard.

Let's hope not so, though...
I think that AD is too big a star to be in the same category as Odom or Artest. They were excellent role players, but AD was brought in to transition into being the franchise.

A glorious embarrassment for the awful Pistons that were outplayed by a Bad Knicks team since they have a losing record. The Knicks made the Pistons a jabroni in their own building since they won the game 140-110.
Pistons fans should be asking for a refund after that embarrassing defeat.

Haven't gotten to watch as much as I wanted to this first month, but I've been really impressed by my team this season so far. Tatum looks like a completely different dude, and is significantly better than he was at the end of last season. Both in terms of on the court play, but also just his off the court demeanor. He's really grown into a leader, and it seems like he's ready to win a championship in a way he wasn't last season.

Just hope he doesn't run himself into the ground a little bit by playing too many minutes. He's like the top guy in playing time by a significant margin over the last few years, and part of the issue down the stretch last year was wear and tear. I know he wants that MVP, but they should get him to take some breaks. Even if it's just playing only 25 minutes vs 38. Doesn't have to be rest days.

I think that AD is too big a star to be in the same category as Odom or Artest. They were excellent role players, but AD was brought in to transition into being the franchise.

You are right.
In no way AD could be compared to those 2. Haha.

Especially of how he has played recently.
Lakers could start to figure things out now.
They might be become more and more dangerous each days. Latest, they beat the Bucks.

Haven't gotten to watch as much as I wanted to this first month, but I've been really impressed by my team this season so far. Tatum looks like a completely different dude, and is significantly better than he was at the end of last season. Both in terms of on the court play, but also just his off the court demeanor. He's really grown into a leader, and it seems like he's ready to win a championship in a way he wasn't last season.

Just hope he doesn't run himself into the ground a little bit by playing too many minutes. He's like the top guy in playing time by a significant margin over the last few years, and part of the issue down the stretch last year was wear and tear. I know he wants that MVP, but they should get him to take some breaks. Even if it's just playing only 25 minutes vs 38. Doesn't have to be rest days.

Tatum is by far the most likely to win MVP this season.
More so than Luka or Giannis imo.

Just hope he can maintain his play and be consistent. And keep winning.
Boston seems to be more better than last season.

You are right.
In no way AD could be compared to those 2. Haha.

Especially of how he has played recently.
Lakers could start to figure things out now.
They might be become more and more dangerous each days. Latest, they beat the Bucks.
Lakes beat the Wizards today with AD going for 55 and Westbrook notching 15 (wow) assists. This team may be turning it around if they can stay healthy.

And yesterday he scored 44 against Giannis.

AD is really going into beast mode...it is scary!

ive seen Victor on TV a little and he's very good. i worry about how skinny he is, like Durant, mostly for durability. granted, it's not the big old post players like they used to be, but it still is very physical. if he can maintain and stay healthy, he's one to watch for sure.

i do believe teams tank in sports. and i hope they're called on it more. just like flopping. can't stand it, and i'm not sure i respect it

Mavericks unveil Dirk Nowitzki statue before Christmas game vs. Lakers
Mavericks unveil Dirk Nowitzki statue before Christmas game vs. Lakers | NBA.com

statue is pretty dope. iconic Dirk

g173OVi.jpg

HHrLHcO.jpg

Late post..
Fresh off the WC campaign...both Mbappe (France) and Hakimi (Morocco) were spotted during the Nets game a few days ago.

You never know how tall the NBA players really was unless you see them stand side by side with average height individuals...haha.

Last edited:
And...Nets are on the roll right now.

12 win streak before it ends yesterday!
Currently they sit as the 2nd best team in the NBA! (In standing).

Wow...Never expect this turnaround!
Hope Nets will resign Kyrie as he proved to be crucial for the team!
Here's hoping also the team can stay healthy throughout the season!

ive seen Victor on TV a little and he's very good. i worry about how skinny he is, like Durant, mostly for durability. granted, it's not the big old post players like they used to be, but it still is very physical. if he can maintain and stay healthy, he's one to watch for sure.

i do believe teams tank in sports. and i hope they're called on it more. just like flopping. can't stand it, and i'm not sure i respect it
True. 19 though so hopefully he fills out a bit as he gets older and also as he sees the demands of the NBA.

Meet 'alien' Victor Wembanyama - the man ready to change the NBA

This guy sounds like an amazing prospect! Does tanking really happen in NBA?

Tanking happens in NBA.
The most unpopular ones was Sixers in early 2010s, which lead them to land both Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons (and several failed ones) in the draft.
They called it "the process", haha.

For this season heard several teams will purposely tanking to get Wembanyama.
Adam Silver even warned them about this.

Tanking happens in NBA.
The most unpopular ones was Sixers in early 2010s, which lead them to land both Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons (and several failed ones) in the draft.

That’s one disadvantage of what is a system that is trying to keep an even playing field but this is essentially cheating that well intentioned system. Shame they can’t do more about it.

A friend dragged me to a Hawks game the week after Christmas

Gah they are BAD :loco:

Tanking happens in NBA.

is that where the whole "trust the process" thing stemmed from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"