NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

I don’t know. You could make the same “what if” argument for Vince regarding injuries. Even though he played forever, it was pretty clear that his knees weren’t the same after year 4 onward in his career.

Vince's only chance of getting a ring was when he teamed up with Dwight Howard in Orlando but then they got beat by the Celtics that year

And yeah...he wasnt the same player after that, though he still managed to play 10 more years.

Big East Champs!!!

UConn Huskies!

20240313_104515.jpg

Tracy, no doubt.
Him, along with Penny, were the biggest "what ifs" in the NBA.
If the injuries hadn't been derailed their careers, they would've been ranked higher among their positions.

A shame that not many people nowadays knew and talked enough of how good these 2 players were in their prime and when they were healthy.

i'm not sure you can have that convo if you don't throw Brandon Roy in there. Those 3 and Grant Hill are the ones i wonder the most about in my timeframe

Vince's only chance of getting a ring was when he teamed up with Dwight Howard in Orlando but then they got beat by the Celtics that year

And yeah...he wasnt the same player after that, though he still managed to play 10 more years.

i think that Nets unit of Kidd/Kittles/Carter/Jefferson/Martin was better. They just needed better depth in the post. That squad and the 96-01 Kings are probably my fave all time units to watch

i'm not sure you can have that convo if you don't throw Brandon Roy in there. Those 3 and Grant Hill are the ones i wonder the most about in my timeframe
Ah yes i forgot about those 2...
and also D-Rose should definitely as well...
He was one of my favorite player before his injury🙄 He was so explosive back when he was having his MVP season in 2011.

i think that Nets unit of Kidd/Kittles/Carter/Jefferson/Martin was better. They just needed better depth in the post. That squad and the 96-01 Kings are probably my fave all time units to watch

Oh definitely, making back to back finals was no small feat even when they done it in the era where the East was not quite good in the early 2000s, but I gave my credit to that Nets squad.

Last edited:

I can't believe OKC has the top seed in the west. I would have never guessed that starting the year.

Also, speaking of things I can't believe, other than the Celts, there is only a 4 game difference between the #2 and #8 seeded teams in the east (Knicks and Heat).

FB_IMG_1713164711938.jpg

FB_IMG_1713164718527.jpg

My prediction:

Sixers over Heat
Bulls over Hawks
And then Heat over Bulls

Lakers over Pels
Warriors over Kings
And then Warriors over Pels

I really dont know whether its a good thing for the young OKC team to potentially straight up facing Steph and the Warriors in the first round...or how the Lakers will be facing the Nuggets if they won the 7/8 matchup against the Pels.

a few good match-ups in the first round alone for the West...
While in the East...not gonna lie, it is less interesting until the conference finals. (and it would be a Finals or bust scenario for the Celtics in the east)

Last edited:
I really dont know whether its a good thing for the young OKC team to potentially straight up facing Steph and the Warriors in the first round...or how the Lakers will be facing the Nuggets if they won the 7/8 matchup against the Pels.

While in the East...not gonna lie, it is less interesting until the conference finals. (and it would be a Finals or bust scenario for the Celtics in the east)
I see it a little differently WRT the east. Outside of the Celts, I don't think anyone would be surprised to see an upset (other than maybe the Knicks). It'll probably come down to matchups, but I'm not familiar enough with the teams to know who matches up well against whom.

I don’t think the Warriors make it in. I don’t see it happening at all. It’ll be Kings or NO.

I don’t think the Warriors make it in. I don’t see it happening at all. It’ll be Kings or NO.

You are indeed right...
The Warriors have been eliminated!!😬😬😬

And Klay just went scoreless with 0-10 and 0-6 from 3....I suspect this will be the last game with him on the line up...I never been a big fan of Warriors big 3 era (especially with KD being there as well), but I feel bad for Steph if this is truly the end of an era for him and the Warriors big 3.

I really think that if the Warriors decide to rebuild, considering Steph has 2 or maybe 3 years max playing at the high level, then they should do Steph a favor and trade him to contenders. Maybe going to the East, perhaps? Because the West has insanely stacked and deep teams, so I hope if he's being traded, Steph would go East to balance things out as the East only has a few good teams and only one team (maybe two) that can be labeled as "contender".

And the Lakers will be facing the Nuggets again...this time in 1st round.

Though perhaps they wont win the series but at least I want the Lakers got a win or two here...as they havent beat the Nuggets in a single game since 2022😬...They got swept in last year's Conf.Finals and then in the 23/24 regular season as well.

And the Lakers will be facing the Nuggets again...this time in 1st round.

Though perhaps they wont win the series but at least I want the Lakers got a win or two here...as they havent beat the Nuggets in a single game since 2022😬...They got swept in last year's Conf.Finals and then in the 23/24 regular season as well.
Yeah.....I don't see the Lakers beating the Nuggets. That being said, the games this year were pretty competitive. I could see the Lakers taking a couple of games. I'd say the over/under would be a game and a half and I'd probably take the under.

Yeah.....I don't see the Lakers beating the Nuggets. That being said, the games this year were pretty competitive. I could see the Lakers taking a couple of games. I'd say the over/under would be a game and a half and I'd probably take the under.
I’m going out on a limb and saying Lakers upset Nuggets in 6.

You heard it here first!

Also, the USA basketball announcement has me thinking: who do you all think is better: Halliburton or Fox? Their careers are pretty intertwined.

I’m going out on a limb and saying Lakers upset Nuggets in 6.

You heard it here first!

Also, the USA basketball announcement has me thinking: who do you all think is better: Halliburton or Fox? Their careers are pretty intertwined.
Yikes!!! Like I said, the games were pretty competitive and maybe Denver will be lackadaisical after last year??? I'd like to see the Lakers take them, but don't really see it happening.

Yikes!!! Like I said, the games were pretty competitive and maybe Denver will be lackadaisical after last year??? I'd like to see the Lakers take them, but don't really see it happening.
Probably wishful thinking. But the Lakers are playing very well lately. Everyone is healthy. I like Gabe Vincent and think he defends Murray well. And I was really impressed with how they closed out Nola. After that run by the Pelicans, I expected the Lakers to fold, but they did a little trading of blows before then pulling back away.
I feel like that has been what has been missing with the Lakers against Denver lately.

Probably wishful thinking. But the Lakers are playing very well lately. Everyone is healthy. I like Gabe Vincent and think he defends Murray well. And I was really impressed with how they closed out Nola. After that run by the Pelicans, I expected the Lakers to fold, but they did a little trading of blows before then pulling back away.
I feel like that has been what has been missing with the Lakers against Denver lately.
Yeah.....they are playing well. Agree about Vincent and Austin finally seems to have found his groove again. Starting Hachimura seems to have really caused things to jell. He's been really, really solid. AD and LeBron have been themselves. James had a good stat line in the Pelican game, but he shot for S***. In spite of Williamson's heroics, I think the game didn't need to be that close. Russell has been lights out. If Williamson doesn't get hurt in the last few minutes though.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"