• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA to Comics... - Just for fun

Hound55

Byfar The Most Evil Thing
Reaction score
Just a fun topic, cast NBA players as comic characters by "feel" (i.e. not by appearance)

Deadpool: Ron Artest/Dennis Rodman hybrid (not much need to say more, Rodman as the crazy jokey version some lighter writers use, Artest as the dark crazy assasin version some other writers use)
Moon Knight: Vernon Maxwell (except for the split personality its a match)
Batman: Larry Bird (Does more than he physically should be capable of due to possessing a ridiculous level of awareness of the world he resides in, also back issues at end of career)
Juggernaut: Kobe (once he gets moving/rolling, he's pretty much unstoppable)
Atom: Muggsy Bogues (self-explainatory)
Bullseye: Reggie Miller (I chose Reggie as Bullseye rather than one of the archers because balance was completeley irrelevant for Reggie... Ray Allen's good, but Reggie... he's magic!)
Iron Man: Charles Barkley (the hero with the issue of the grog - I could see Sir Chuck having to fashion himself a suit to prevent his liver from failing and killing him...)
Martian Manhunter: Scottie Pippen (the ultra-rounded player on the Justice League of the Bulls alongside of another well rounded Superman in Jordan... if I were to label Jordan Superman... but I think I can do better than that)
Hank Pym: Magic Johnson (matchup nightmare... giant man playing at the point with the quickness of Ant-Man)
Hulk: Michael Jordan (mainly because of the way you have to play him... you want to keep him calm and from getting competitive and taking the game seriously as long as you can and then sneak a win from him at the end... DO NOT MAKE HIM ANGRY OR GET COMPETITIVE... Gary Payton does a nice job on Jordan, Glove runs his mouth in the media, Jordan smash, end story... no Rulk comments...)
Wolverine: Kevin Johnson (can't help but think of Wolverine getting thrown at a sentinal when you look back at the Eaton, Olajuwon or Hot Rod Williams dunks... Only KJ's too nice and sociable...)
Red Tornado: Tracy McGrady (you figure it out...)

Feel free to through some up there...

I await Anubis' Jason Kidd-Hank Pym and Kobe-Dr. Light comparisons... :oldrazz:

Red Tornado: Tracy McGrady (you figure it out...)
:lmao:

I await Anubis' Jason Kidd-Hank Pym and Kobe-Dr. Light comparisons... :oldrazz:
I'm not ashamed to say I came into this thread with the intention of making both references. It's not as if I harbor any resentment for either instance (Hell, I still believe Mamba got lied on), but the comedy in both allusions was just too good to pass up.

kj.jpg
wolverine-vs-sentinel-1.jpg

I really wish I could have found a pic of the Eaton one... with Wolverine sitting on his head the Eaton dunk would have been far more applicable...

My list:

Michael Jordan - Batman aka the Dark Knight of Basketball
Larry Bird - Green Lantern
Magic Johnson - The Punisher
Scottie Pippen - Superboy. . .lol, just joking he's John Steele.
Oscar Robertson - Superman - the only man to average a triple double
Kareem Abdul Jabar - Doctor Strange
Jerry West - Spider-man
Bill Russell - Wolverine - never beaten, never defeated
Dennis Rodman - Two-face
Ron Artest - The Riddler - an enigma to everyone
Reggie Miller - Reed Richards
Mark Jackson - Sue Richards:oldrazz::o
Kobe Bryant - The Human Torch - when he's on fire, he's untouchable
Kevin Garnett - Iron Man - he's just brilliant year in and year out
Shaquille O'neal - The Incredible Hulk
Chris Paul - Gambit - an underrated thief on the court