• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Netflix Developing Live-Action Yu Yu Hakusho

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Like Cowboy Bebop, Netflix will be adapting another anime to live action. Have a lot of memories watching this on late nights on Toonami and Adult Swim. Hopefully they use Smile Bomb as the theme.

Netflix should also developing a live-action Full Metal Alchemist show. That’s the one anime/manga property that’d be easier to do a live action Western adaption on.

Last edited:
Ugh, I love Yusuke

Before everyone overreacts, it's a live-action Japanese series, and it's a Japanese production.

So think the live-action Mob Psycho and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I told myself, I would judge this about how they present Kuwabara, and they nailed him.

shuhei.jpeg

Still need to see how they depict Botan and Koenma, but dare I say, I think this looks really good so far.

Homie is way too pretty to be Kuwabara but it’s the performance that matters.

Homie is way too pretty to be Kuwabara but it’s the performance that matters.
Yeah too pretty for the Warrior of Love, especially when Hiei calls him ugly a few times in the anime. Kurama must be prettier haha

I am glad YYH is getting attention. DBZ was my first love anime I want to say I seen that and Ronin Warriors near the same time.YYH is 1B with DBZ 1A.

I hope they capture the charisma and charm of the show with the great dialogue and quotes. I watched the show so much I could quote quite a bit of each episode in re watches.

Would be nuts if Netflix managed to do two good live action adaptions of manga within the same year.

Well! That actually didn't look half bad. Maybe it's because it's a Japanese production, and this could end up being bad, but I got a much stronger first impression from this than Netflix Piece's first trailer.

How many episodes?
Toguro being in it probably means they skip most of the Genkai/Rando and the 4 Saint Beast stuff. I think they also showed Bui's helmet. If they do the Dark Tournament they totally cramming way too much and losing the essence of YYH.Kurama never fought Toguro either so they must not be trying to be exact.

I really enjoyed this, but 5 episodes just wasn't enough IMO. This needed at least 8 to10 proper episodes because I felt like they rushed through a lot of good stuff just to get to the end.

Also, if you're going into this expecting a faithful adaptation of the anime, you're going to be disappointed because its a very loose adaptation at best which honestly still worked for me.

Once Piece was definitely more faithful in that regard, but I enjoyed this just as much as that and hopefully we can continue with this same positive momentum going into TLA next year.

The more quality live action anime adaptations the better.

I enjoyed the first two episodes...but how come they condensed the first two seasons of the anime to just five episodes. It was already weird, that it only got 5 episodes in the first place. So many characters and story arcs left out.

I'm quite disappointed.

If this follows, the Sensui 7 chapter, I hope it will be longer than 5 episodes. The tournament with those different teams/characters would have been so fun. Also those four Saint beasts, and the contest of the older lady were also left out in the series.

Very disappointing, so many wasted potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"