Netflix Western ‘The Harder They Fall“

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Zazie Beetz, Lakeith Stanfield, Regina King Join ‘The Harder They Fall’ – Deadline

Zazie Beetz (Joker, Atlanta), Lakeith Stanfield (Knives Out, Sorry to Bother You), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods, The Good Fight) as well as Oscar and Emmy award-winning actress Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk, Watchmen) have signed on for The Harder They Fall, the all-Black western feature set at Netflix.

Danielle Deadwyler (Watchmen, Atlanta), Edi Gathegi (X-Men: First Class, StartUp), and RJ Cyler (White Boy Rick, Power Rangers) will also co-star.

The new additions are joining previously announced stars Idris Elba and Jonathan Majors in the film, which is being directed by first-time feature helmer Jeymes Samuel a.k.a The Bullitts.

Jay-Z, James Lassiter, Lawrence Bender, and Samuel are producing.

Written by Samuel and Boaz Yakin, the plot follows outlaw Nat Love (Majors) who discovers that the man (Elba) who killed his parents two decades ago is being released from prison, he reunites with his gang to track his enemy down and seek his revenge.

I’m so in for this!

Only thing that has me slightly wary is a first time director (is he a music video director or something?)

Amazing cast. Hope it doesn't go to waste.

Oh, I just found this from The Bullitts that is almost like a proof of concept teaser for the movie:

Wow I have no idea how I missed this, but damn that lineup is something and the Western setting definitely makes it even more interesting.

Here. For. This.

Also, Delroy Lindo should get an Oscar nom for Da 5 Bloods. He was phenomenal in that movie.

Agreed. It's honestly still one of my favorite performances of the year and he deserves all the awards for it IMO. I don't think I can watch that final scene he has with Chadwick Boseman towards the end anymore without tearing up now though. :csad:

Wow I have no idea how I missed this, but damn that lineup is something and the Western setting definitely makes it even more interesting.

Agreed. It's honestly still one of my favorite performances of the year and he deserves all the awards for it IMO. I don't think I can watch that final scene he has with Chadwick Boseman towards the end anymore without tearing up now though. :csad:

Yeah, I saw the film after Chadwick’s death and that was especially tough to watch. :csad:

Speaking of "5 Bloods" alum and Westerns, you know who would KILL in a Western?

giphy.gif

Clarke Peters

Last edited:
That sucks. Hope whoever has it heals up and they can restart production soon.

How come I had no idea of this existing until today?

I noticed in Select Theatres. Is Netflix doing this for all their films now? Or just the special ones for Oscar/box office potential?

Had no idea this existed until I checked my twitter feed this morning. Looks like a great cast and less serious than other recent westerns.

Looks like the film is going to be a lot of fun!

How come I had no idea of this existing until today?

Same.
This looks really cool and has an incredible cast.
People need to make more noise about this, im looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"