Netflix Western ‘The Harder They Fall“

Looks so good. I’ve already added it to my Netflix list

Yeah, I'll check this out. It has potential. An all Black western is a great idea.

Yep. I don't think there has been a predominately black western since Van Peebles nineties film Posse.

25% of Cowboys in the American West were black. Hollywood under represented them and whitewashed the Wild West in film. Not a surprise given how racist guys like John Wayne were and how Mexicans/Native Americans were depicted in the Western movie heyday.

A lot of cowboy fashions, technologies, and lexicon—hats, bandanas, spurs, stirrups, lariat, lasso—are all Latino inventions too.

Trying to find the BTS clip for the film, but no luck. However, I can say that it looked awesome!

Give me this movie NOW!!! :mrk:

New trailer out on the internets, not sure of its rating so will not post here but looks like its well worth checking out in November this one, great cast of talent.

Listening John Campea talk about this (he thought it was awful), makes me think this is a new attempt at Blazing Saddles. He apologized to two of his friends for inviting them to watch the movie. None of them (including his wife Ann) liked it. I mean, three(!) shots literally showed the building facades?!

Listening John Campea talk about this (he thought it was awful), makes me think this is a new attempt at Blazing Saddles. He apologized to two of his friends for inviting them to watch the movie. None of them (including his wife Ann) liked it. I mean, three(!) shots literally showed the building facades?!
By most accounts, it would seem John Campea is, predictably, horribly wrong on an embarrassingly grand scale

casablanca-shocked.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"