Netflix's One Piece Live-Action TV Show

As someone who just started the anime last year and was initially intimidated by the amount of episodes, I can definitely say it was worth it now that I'm all caught up with the sub version of the Wano arc.

I felt the same way before watching Naruto/Shippuden and Bleach/Thousand-Year Blood War but ended up enjoying those shows so much that I pretty much flew threw them including the filler arcs.

I'm a completionist by nature but there are quite a few sites out there that let you know how many filler episodes there are if you want to skip that stuff so you don't have to worry about it.

The filler arcs in Naruto are some of the best episodes though.

Which filler arcs are you talking about? I feel like some of the early filler arcs that came right after Sasuke left the village were fine, but otherwise they started to fall into a predictable pattern.

Nice! Hopefully Netflix grows up and ways their staff right so we can get it soon!

I really want to see the fish-men arc in live action

Stupid question but...thats good right? I have no idea how to gauge ratings these days :funny:

Depends on what they are looking for. And I am reasonably certain they are looking for a bump in subs in asian territories.

I wonder what filming locations they’ll choose for season 2. The Kalahari desert would be a great alabaster

I started watching the anime this morning and it's really goofy. I'm gonna keep watching as I think it's more that I've only watched the show before this morning. Based on four episodes of the live action show and one episode of the anime I like the more serious tone of the live action show. But man does the amount of content available make me hesitate getting to One Piece.

It’s totally goofy which is part of the fun. If you’re interested now, I find the movies summarise the major plot points or the games if you don’t feel like watching a thousand episodes

There is one part of the rap I was not expecting, and when they did it, I died. I tip my hat to the creator.

Which filler arcs are you talking about? I feel like some of the early filler arcs that came right after Sasuke left the village were fine, but otherwise they started to fall into a predictable pattern.

Yeah, it did get a bit repetitive/predictable after a while, but I really loved a lot of the flashback stuff in that show that mostly dealt with the tragic history and the shady politics of the Leaf Village.

Now, technically I don't even know if those episodes actually count as filler but when I think of that show as whole its those episodes that stand out the most to me, but again that's just me.

Yeah, it did get a bit repetitive/predictable after a while, but I really loved a lot of the flashback stuff in that show that mostly dealt with the tragic history and the shady politics of the Leaf Village.

Now, technically I don't even know if those episodes actually count as filler but when I think of that show as whole its those episodes that stand out the most to me, but again that's just me.

Was this, and I know I'm not talking about One Piece, in Part I, or during Shippuden?

so i finally finished watching the whole season of this.

daaaaamn.

i can't remember the last time i've felt this much fun and a sense of joy watching a tv series.

also, what this show does really good, imo, is how on the surface it seems really lighthearted and goofy, but it deals with some heavy themes as well.

so when the emotional moments hit, there's a really big impact.

there's that balance of comedy and seriousness, sort of how the mcu movies try to juggle, but it's done better here.

i hope the show eventually gets renewed for season 2.

and right now i'm having this tug of war battle in my head about whether or not i should start reading the manga or anime. lol.

because i want to see how the original story is like, but i also don't want to be spoiled on what's going to be revealed for the future of the live action show.

i want to be surprised like i was here watching this with fresh eyes.

daaaaamn.

i can't remember the last time i've felt this much fun and a sense of joy watching a tv series.

also, what this show does really good, imo, is how on the surface it seems really lighthearted and goofy, but it deals with some heavy themes as well.

there's that balance of comedy and seriousness, sort of how the mcu movies try to juggle, but it's done better here.

and right now i'm having this tug of war battle in my head about whether or not i should start reading the manga or anime. lol.

because i want to see how the original story is like, but i also don't want to be spoiled on what's going to be revealed for the future of the live action show.

At least watch the anime up until whatever point the live-action show ends, as I haven't watched yet. You won't be disappointed. I'd say the manga, and you should too, but that may take longer. Plus it'll be simpler, I think, comparing live-action to animation versus pages on a manga.

daaaaamn.

I've watched 6 or 7 episodes of the anime and they've just gotten past Buggy. Buggy is the clown pirate's name righwasAs for being spoiled I was watching a One Piece video on YouTube trying to learn more about the characters as I was confused over who a couple of the characters were and they were talking about how the story is supposed to end. Also I was checking out some One Piece figures at Wal-Mart and the Zorro figure has a feature that comes at some point in the future but at least there was no context to the feature.

now i want to check out the manga.

but i checked my local libaries and all copies of the first volume are all checked out or on hold. dammit!

people thought the same thing as me after watching the show: "let me go to my local library to read the original source material." :funny:

I think one of my favorite things about this series being released is watching YouTube reactors who have never experienced One Piece before just clicking with it and wholeheartedly embracing the world and its characters. It’s a testament to the quality of the adaptation and how much the showrunners and cast treasured it and cared, as well as the power of the source material itself.

Great news and hopefully this does become the next Cobra Kai for Netflix. With that and Stranger Things coming to an end they'll need as many hits as they can get going forward. Really curious about the casting for Nico Robin next season but I'm sure they'll do her justice with whoever they get for the role.

I also can't wait to see Chopper in live action.

So Netflix is all in with the Straw Hats, huh? Well, hopefully they get a major cash infusion because the Devil Fruit powers aren't going to get any simpler!

But on the real, good for the show. I still do not see myself giving this a chance because Netflix has just burned me one time too many with these adaptations, but if it gets a new audience that will maybe check out the anime and manga as a result, more power to them. Not checking out the show myself, but nice to see that work paid all for the folks involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"