Netflix's One Piece Live-Action TV Show

I suppose Ace, Robin, Vivi, and Crocodile will be the big castings for season 2.

Chopper must be a muppet.

Mr. 2. I may not watch this, but of all the castings, I imagine Mr. 2 would be a big one, especially given how big he's around beyond Alabasta.

T8OW2G.gif

Ah that’s right, Bon Clay will have to be a big one too, especially if they get to Impel Down.

I suppose Ace, Robin, Vivi, and Crocodile will be the big castings for season 2.

Chopper must be a muppet.

yeah I would love to see them going full Jim Henson for chopper.

Xolo Mariduena would be an awesome Ace

A
nd Bobby Naderi as Crocodile

also don’t forget Smoker as big casting! Although I have no idea who could play him. Maybe Stephen Lang if that’s not a cliche

also don’t forget Smoker as big casting! Although I have no idea who could play him. Maybe Stephen Lang if that’s not a cliche

From the little research I did, the character’s supposed to be in their mid-to-late 30s, so Stephen Lang probably would be a bit too old for the role. :oldrazz:

I saw someone suggest Joel Kinnaman and now I can’t get it out of my head.

IMG_0973.jpeg IMG_0970.jpeg

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a very solid actor. Plus, he’s well known enough but not high profile that the show would be able to afford him without eating into the budget.

Now, get Legacy Effects and/or Henson Studios for little Chopper. Or who ever is doing the Chucky stuff on the show.
Maybe get a little person in full Chopper costume, minus the head, and either do a full, well articulated animatronic head or have the actor with dots on their face for motion capture. For when he’s stationary, sitting or just lying down, do a full puppet. Then, for his hulked-out transformed form, just get a tall, super buff actor and do the same thing. For all of the crazy, over-the-top stuff that wouldn’t be feasible with either, go full CGI.

Super feasible and wouldn’t eat into the budget.

I still think a Jim Henson style puppet is perfect for chopper. If doctor who can do it why not one piece?

yeah I don’t know about smoker. I see him as quite seasoned but everyone is casting Jensen ackles level aged guys

yeah I don’t know about smoker. I see him as quite seasoned but everyone is casting Jensen ackles level aged guys

This is a translation from the One Piece Fandom Wiki of one of the SBS’s (section at the end of each chapter where Oda answers fan questions) from Volume 27:

IMG_0975.jpeg

I know the gray hair kind of throws people off and makes him look older than he is, but still, he’s not some old veteran. They ain’t casting somebody in their 60s or 70s for this role. That’s why a lot of people online are suggesting actors in their late 30s and early to mid 40s.

Characters with gray and white hair is kind of a common trope in a lot of anime and manga and isn’t usually indicative of said character’s age. Hell, Kakashi in Naruto has gray hair and he’s like in late 20s to early 30s. :funny:

Last edited:
the official IG account for netflix's One Piece just posted on their stories teasing about Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Kureha.

they wouldn't do that unless it's official right?

she's talked about wanting to play that role before.

I guess the only thing that could sink it would be money, if she asked for too much. But I think she wants to do this for the fans and as a fan

the official IG account for netflix's One Piece just posted on their stories teasing about Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Kureha.

they wouldn't do that unless it's official right?

she's talked about wanting to play that role before.

I can pretty much guarantee nothing official has been talked about. This is pretty easy promotion without violating strike rules.

I understand there may be cultural issues at play. Just let me assure you that it is hard from a western point of view.

I understand that...just wanted to point it out there is a cultural thing called "Giri" here, I can't quite explain what its meant in English, but more or less it is something like "the indebted feels for someone who once have taken care of you or given you something in life", so eventhough I think Oda-sensei knew that Watsuki-sensei was wrong, but Oda-sensei feels to have the obligation to support his former mentor here.

We cannot just say things in our mind as blatantly like in the West, for example.
So yeah it's just a cultural things.

yeah I would love to see them going full Jim Henson for chopper.

Xolo Mariduena would be an awesome Ace

And Bobby Naderi as Crocodile

Forget Chopper...
I am just curious who will be capable of playing Boa Hancock in live action...haha.

That's if the adaptation can progress into the All-Female Island arc

And I want to give a suggestion for new fans who only just getting to know One Piece from live action adaptation...if you are interested to check out the original source....I'd say go for Manga, not anime. (For anime, just watch the movie like Strong World, Z, Gold, and Red).

The manga is a much more straightforward without any fillers (which can be a drag for sure).
Watching the anime for me is quite stressful though (because for example the battle between Luffy vs Katakuri can be dragged into, for like 6-8 episodes while in manga, it just took only 3 or 4 chapters).

Reading the manga and watching the anime imo is also a very different experience...so it depends on preference here but for straightforward story and arc, I'd say go for manga.

Last edited:
I understand that...just wanted to point it out there is a cultural thing called "Giri" here, I can't quite explain what its meant in English, but more or less it is something like "the indebted feels for someone who once have taken care of you or given you something in life", so eventhough I think Oda-sensei knew that Watsuki-sensei was wrong, but Oda-sensei feels to have the obligation to support his former mentor here.

We cannot just say things in our mind as blatantly like in the West, for example.
So yeah it's just a cultural things.

i totally understand this.
we have some degree of this too in my cultural background.
never badmouth a mentor -- especially in public.
at most, you can maybe criticize them in private, but only one to one. but you have to be careful with how you say it. don't come off as disrespectful or speaking above your station. :funny:
it's like Confucian sense of duty to one's mentor/ elders.

And I want to give a suggestion for new fans who only just getting to know One Piece from live action adaptation...if you are interested to check out the original source....I'd say go for Manga, not anime. (For anime, just watch the movie like Strong World, Z, Gold, and Red).

The manga is a much more straightforward without any fillers (which can be a drag for sure).
Watching the anime for me is quite stressful though (because for example the battle between Luffy vs Katakuri can be dragged into, for like 6-8 episodes while in manga, it just took only 3 or 4 chapters).

Reading the manga and watching the anime imo is also a very different experience...so it depends on preference here but for straightforward story and arc, I'd say go for manga.

i am intimidated by watching the 1000 episodes of anime.
but i want to really get on the manga.
i am waiting for my local library to load up on the volumes. lol.
the artwork in the manga definitely better than the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"