• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Avengers #17 (Possible Spoilers)

torkibe

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm really liking this run. I hope they keep it going! Anyone got any speculation on who the mysterious and very powerfull visitor is? They seem to be hinting his origins are Earthly and not cosmic... Do you think the Sentry will get his act together in time to battle him? I'm hoping for a mega showdown! Will it tie in to Annihilation? Or Civil War? The possibilities are endless!

Heh, I've been a fan of the New Avengeres since it's introduction and I've been trying to figure out just who this mystery opponent is, but I'm drawing a blank here. Not because I don't have ANY ideas, it's because I have too many possibilities for me to pin on any one character.

It's Korvac and he's gonna merge with Ms. Marvel and become Binary again.........I think

MatchesMalone77 said:
It's Korvac and he's gonna merge with Ms. Marvel and become Binary again.........I think

Yeah- thats what I thought too. Ahh, the Korvac Saga. That takes me back. :up:

I really really dont think its Korvac. Korvac's name was mentioned by iron man as a guess but there was no evidence to indicate it was true and a fair bit of evidence against.

The Sentry Mini will be done with by next month, He might have his act together by then.

Actually - now that I think of it - didnt Tony say that he couldnt find a record of such a being on his computer files?

You'd think Korvac would be on there. So it cant be him.

i thought it was just the residual energy left over after house of m given a form? *shrug*

i'm just looking forward to issue 21
Magneto's back :)

MatchesMalone77 said:

Well, that could make things complicated being she has her own series right now.

since the name of the dude is called "the collective" and Bendis said the villain was a result of House of M....I think it's safe to assume that it is all the collective energy of all the de-powered mutants. WHo this Michael dude is I do not know.

This doesn't have anything to do with the collective since I don't have any educated guesses on who it might be. So I'll ask a question.
Who is bubble head? Is he supposed to be an early concept of Ronin. This is from art released shortly after the reveal of the New Avengers issue one cover.

newavengers2.jpg

That sucks, he looks like a modernized Mysterio.

Off the topic of the Avengers.

DBM your avatar disturbs me beyond words.

NinjinSteve said:
since the name of the dude is called "the collective"

Where is it referred to as that? I missed that... :confused:

Purple Man said:
DBM your avatar disturbs me beyond words.

Mine is the greatest and most best avatar ever created.

This avatar is a thing of unspeakable power.

^ It truly is. I can't take my eyes away from it when I notice the little entrancing things, like the fact that her eyelids never move.

I'm glad somebody posted the bubble-head pic. Despite all the times I heard him (actually her) referred to as that, I never actually saw. Looks pretty stupid.

torkibe said:
I'm really liking this run. I hope they keep it going! Anyone got any speculation on who the mysterious and very powerfull visitor is? They seem to be hinting his origins are Earthly and not cosmic... Do you think the Sentry will get his act together in time to battle him? I'm hoping for a mega showdown! Will it tie in to Annihilation? Or Civil War? The possibilities are endless!
hopefully it isn't as dissapointing as who ronin turned out to be. if that is the direction bendis is taking with this mystery my guess is stiltman or the white rabbit.

DBM said:

O RLY?

I was under the impression the "the Collective" was a completely new guy. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he's just some unlucky man(somehow in space) or alien that absorbed all of the powers of all of the mutants that lost them, but has most of them under control(thus rendering "what about unwanted mutations" arguments futile.). Hence "the Collective".

In fact, I'm sure of this. Joey Q said "All of those powers had to go somewhere." This would also explain the powers other than fire(which is the idiot's observation of his power) on the #17 page that showed him battling Alpha Flight. One of the members looks like she's being attacked by bugs. Plus, look how well that ties into why House of M is being talked about in Avengers.

So this guy, this "Collective", is in effect this huge threat because he is every depowered mutant.

That's pretty much what i figured. He's every depowered mutant all rolled up into one big shiny delicious package.

Kinda a scary thought actually. Thats insanely powerful.

DBM said:

After all this time...

...you're still a stalker.

GOODT!MES said:
So this guy, this "Collective", is in effect this huge threat because he is every depowered mutant.

So every time Bendis does something stupid he's going to blame the Collective? (after all, has Wanda's powers...)

actually we don't know if Wanda still has her powers or not...it's never been shown one way or the other.

Wouldn't she technically need her powers to keep mutants depowered though? Maybe she has repressed them ala Iceman post HoM?

That's a good point. She probably just blocked out that she had powers anymore, like she did in house of m...she still has them, but doesn't know she has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"