• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New James Marsden Article - Talks about both movies

Didn't the one-month break happen before X-Men started filming? I remember seeing him at his Heights premiere (that Famke also attended) and that was in the summertime, not during X-Men's shoot.

WorthyStevens4 said:
I never thought I could hate Fox more than I already did... well now, I've achieved the impossible. :mad:

yep .. u think cyclops' fans have hit rock bottom .. nope theres more...

WorthyStevens4 said:
I never thought I could hate Fox more than I already did... well now, I've achieved the impossible. :mad:

Well, looks like I won't be buying the DVD. **** Fox. :down :mad:

Now I'm going to play X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse and keep Cyclops as the leader the whole way. :mad: :up:

LastSunrise1981 said:

Now I'm going to play X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse and keep Cyclops as the leader the whole way. :mad: :up:

I won't be buying any more DVD's from Fox anymore... I'll probably just rent them from my online service and just burn 'em.

LMason said:
Didn't the one-month break happen before X-Men started filming? I remember seeing him at his Heights premiere (that Famke also attended) and that was in the summertime, not during X-Men's shoot.

for the amount of time cyclops was on set.. how much time was he there really.. the scene with him in his room could've been shot in like 10 minute, the scene with wolverine.. since he s actually interacting with another character.. maybe an hour.. and then the scene with jean.. that could've taken an afternoon, that did have some f/x shots to it

but i dont know what james is talkin about with the ensemble cast, did he really see anyone else besides famke and jackman? and i guess he would have nothing for praise for ratner, he did do the movie a short time and his screen time was so little that wat else is there...

"ok sit down ... look sad.. give me a tear.."
"get off from the bike"

i mean really.. hahaha .. i kid i kid but u know wassup hehe

LastSunrise1981 said:

LOL, I *NEVER* take him out. I've always wanted to use Gambit, but it's silly to have two energy attacks on the team and I just have too much loyalty to Cyclops. And even I think it's stupid.

LMason said:
When he was in the states promoting Heights X-Men hadn't started filming yet. Superman Returns went on hiatus early September and started back filming mid/late October, 2005.

Maybe if he had made his case really known like Hallie did he would have been in the final battle.

What a nice article and it proves that the without singer being their he has no chance of a bigger role

But many X-fans are not so kind. Message boards are awash with anger over the killing of a beloved, iconic character that has been the X-Men's leader since their comic book debut in 1963
...Ha someone's been on superherohypeboards

PowersOfMind said:
Maybe if he had made his case really known like Hallie did he would have been in the final battle.

No way Fox would've listened to or cared for James. To them, James "sided with the enemy". Not to mention James doesn't carry the same starpower that Halle does.

WorthyStevens4 said:
No way Fox would've listened to or cared for James. To them, James "sided with the enemy". Not to mention James doesn't carry the same starpower that Halle does.

Exactly, and they can't pull the "public favourite's character" card for Halle's Storm either. No one was clamouring to see more of her after X1 or X2. But she and Hugh got their roles upped, and even Famke suffered because of it.

Oh well, maybe in a few years, if James and Famke have more starpower, and Hugh and Halle make a few more movies like Van Helsing, and Catwoman, Gothika, Die Another Day, we'll be well on our way to a TEAM X-men film.

crappymovie said:
Exactly, and they can't pull the "public favourite's character" card for Halle's Storm either. No one was clamouring to see more of her after X1 or X2. But she and Hugh got their roles upped, and even Famke suffered because of it.

Oh well, maybe in a few years, if James and Famke have more starpower, and Hugh and Halle make a few more movies like Van Helsing, and Catwoman, Gothika, Die Another Day, we'll be well on our way to a TEAM X-men film.

I'm hearing some good things about James in SR. :up:

So hopefully that'll open more doors for his career.

Ok. True he's not a star like Hallie Berry is a star. But still you want something bad enough you fight for it. He is Cyclops, people like having him as Cyke.And I think that if he had really really pushed for his characters he would have been in the final battle. If he felt that he they werent doing the character and him justice then speak up.
Basically for the first 2 movies he was non- exixstent and for the third he was really non existent and people are so upset that he was killed off but to me if you were gonna be upset about his character be upset for all three movies.
Hallie got her role upped because she fought for it to be that way and Hugh is really bankable as Wolverine, so in that instance he got lucky.

PowersOfMind said:
Ok. True he's not a star like Hallie Berry is a star. But still you want something bad enough you fight for it. He is Cyclops, people like having him as Cyke.And I think that if he had really really pushed for his characters he would have been in the final battle. If he felt that he they werent doing the character and him justice then speak up.
Basically for the first 2 movies he was non- exixstent and for the third he was really non existent and people are so upset that he was killed off but to me if you were gonna be upset about his character be upset for all three movies.
Hallie got her role upped because she fought for it to be that way and Hugh is really bankable as Wolverine, so in that instance he got lucky.

Marsden is about 5% to blame. Did you know he fought to fight some guards in X2? Did you also know that Singer's original plan was to do the Dark Phoenix Saga in X2, which would have included Cyclops more prominently?

He had a good role in X1, in X2 he went missing as a consequence of the story (the writer even says on the DVD commentary that they wrote additional illusion sequences because "he felt bad that Cyclops was missing for a large portion of the film." And Bryan was setting up a large role in X3, because he even said "he wished he could've given Jimmy more to do."

So, do you really think had Marsden won an Oscar, we would've had the same X3? No...because the Oscar gave Halle some power. In X1, she was a B-List actress, and got the role she deserved. In X2, her power only stretched so far. X3, they were desperate for anything that would make it a hit.

It's hilarious that you think that if Marsden had "spoken up", he would've gotten a bigger role. No, most likely it would've gotten him an even better role: fired, ex-cast member. :O

No Jimmy's character in the frist two movies where fine X3's Cyclops was the worst of the three..And I don't blame the first two movie....Marsden would of pushed for the character,but you think anyone would listen to him??...he said he knew he Halle wanted a bigger role since she rallied for it Ratner agreed and allowed that...

PowersOfMind said:
And I think that if he had really really pushed for his characters he would have been in the final battle.

Hallie got her role upped because she fought for it to be that way

One more thing: no one would have cared if Halle wanted a larger role in X2, and she didn't win the Oscar. She would have been re-cast, and Halle could have moved on to other projects. The same with Marsden: Fox didn't even want Cyclops in the film, they wanted him to just die in between X2 and X3 (Kinberg/Penn podcast.) So the writer's had to fight for him to be IN the film.

I dont totally agree but I see what you are saying. Cuz truthfully he doesnt have 1)the A-list power that Hallie does and 2) an Orlando Bloom- like the fan following.

PowersOfMind said:
I dont totally agree but I see what you are saying. Cuz truthfully he doesnt have 1)the A-list power that Hallie does and 2) an Orlando Bloom- like the fan following.

Yeah, which is unfortunate. I think he had a bit more power with bryan, because they were friends and tehre was mutual respect. Both Singer and Marsden talked about how they were polishing Cyclop's role in X2 on the DVD. But in X3...I just don't think anyone cared what he had to say. The production was rushed, and the 1 and 1/2 scene he has was for the sake of the writer's basically....which is even more pathetic.

Look at Famke's role, and she has always been vocal about things. On the X1 DVD, she talked about how "little she had to do", but in X2, she and Bryan began plotting the Phoenix story. But her role went to hell in the second half of X3....:bomb:

Yeah. I dont want anybody here to think im hating on him or anything like that. I just felt it wasnt just X3 that didnt do him justice, it was all three X-men films that didnt do him justice a the leader of the X-men, which was why when he was killed, it was like he was just collateral damage.
I get the anger some people are feeling about it but we know how the world works and what most of the world revolves around-- making money and these people are out to make money.

crappymovie said:
Look at Famke's role, and she has always been vocal about things. On the X1 DVD, she talked about how "little she had to do", but in X2, she and Bryan began plotting the Phoenix story. But her role went to hell in the second half of X3....:bomb:

And that to me is even worse than the way Cyclops was handled, although the two probably go hand-in-hand. I know that burning bridges in a business like Hollywood is REALLY bad, but I just hope someday soon either Marsden or Janssen will let it rip how they felt about X3 (although they both seem to genuinely like the final product. I want to know if they feel like us - "it's okay, but EXTREMELY disappointing").

What I don't get is how the filmmakers/studio don't see that the movie peaked at the Jean kills Xavier scene. IMHO, It's the best scene in the entire series, but everything after was such a letdown. Marsden and Janssen lost lines/screentime for scenes like the forced "I heard this was a safe place for mutants."

What a frickin coincidence! I was thinking about this a few days ago after day after seeing the film for a 4th time. It would make logical sense. If they make another film. I do agree with the post above that his character was set up in X2 to be larger in X3.

Maybe they'll make another one and I'll be suspended in a telekinetic cocoon.

Hopefully one day if I ever get to direct a dream X-Men project, it'll give me the chance to portray Cyclops in a faithful manner.

In my version he'd be a mix of his TAS depiction/Ultimate Cyclops. So he'd have an emotional and powerful side to him, but also have a bad ass streak where he takes **** from no one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"