• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New James Marsden Article - Talks about both movies

crappymovie said:
Marsden is about 5% to blame.

Even less.

If this movie had no vision what-so-ever. They wouldn't have to place all hope on their "big stars" if they had a good story to tell and some faith in the source material.

What we got was a half baked movie simpley because x-3 was needed to be done.

34556-sin_02_home.jpg

Agent 47- The fanboys have offered to pay me in gold and send it to my swiss bank account. Now, who is this Tom Rothman and where can I find Fox studios? Believe me, I know how you guys feel about being robbed, you must remember that they casted Vin Diesel to play me.

I think alot of our anger is misdirected towards Fox.

Yes, Rothman's obsession with Wolverine is bordering on "Single White Male" Gay, but it was the writers' idea to kill him off and their script that had nobody caring. And their script that had him absent from the last battle.

Fox was too focused on keeping Hugh and Halle happy to even remark on this. That is their fault. But overall, EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THIS FILM CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO KINBERG AND PENN, ESPECIALLY CYCLOPS!

And Jimmy sounds so cool! I would totally cast him in a heartbeat when I get my own TV show.

crappymovie said:
He was filming X3 for two months? How many times did they shoot his death scene? "Now, James, try it a little more...deathier this time."

Not to mention the fact that Penn said it wasn't their intention to kill him off screen, and the Hugh and Halle quote, Cyclops was robbed.

And it's great that he KNOWS he should have been in the final battle. :up:

Anyone, when and where did HUGH or HALLE ... say this? I never caught the fact that they complained about ANOTHER character?

Thanks for the article.

Jimmy's a good sport - a great sport more like it.

I'm totally saving a copy.

genufine said:
Anyone, when and where did HUGH or HALLE ... say this? I never caught the fact that they complained about ANOTHER character?

I meant because of the focus on them (not necessarily their fault), Cyclops was robbed. I doubt they would complain about THEIR roles haha.

And by the way, the "huge stars" of X3, Hugh and Halle, have yet to test their box office success outside of the franchise....last time I checked, they both couldn't sustain much box office success....

genufine said:

Just a case of confusing punctuation. The poster was referring to James' quote about Hugh and Halle getting more screentime, and then the poster was saying all that points to the fact that Cyclops was robbed.

taintedFB said:
I think alot of our anger is misdirected towards Fox. Yes, Rothman's obsession with Wolverine is bordering on "Single White Male" Gay, but it was the writers' idea to kill him off and their script that had nobody caring. And their script that had him absent from the last battle.

Fox was too focused on keeping Hugh and Halle happy to even remark on this. That is their fault. But overall, EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THIS FILM CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO KINBERG AND PENN, ESPECIALLY CYCLOPS!

I don't think any anger is misdirected at Fox. Again, Kinberg and Penn's solution (a poor one in my mind) to get Cyclops back in the film was the send-off. If it hadn't been for them, he dies or does whatever completely off-screen, i.e., no Cyclops. And it's Fox and Marvel's decision to not have Phoenix more prominent in Act 3, confirmed by all three parties. And forced scenes are usually a combination of poor writing AND poor directing (and in the case of X3, a weirdly overpowering score).

Look what he said in my sig. I feel bad for his limited scenes.

crappymovie said:
And by the way, the "huge stars" of X3, Hugh and Halle, have yet to test their box office success outside of the franchise....last time I checked, they both couldn't sustain much box office success....

I don't think anyone referred to them as huge stars...they've both just had a lot of success since the last X-Men film. Halle's won an Oscar, Hugh's won a Tony (and every other theater award) and an Emmy.

If you walk to up to any random person and mention James Marsden and Halle Berry, what name will most people recognize first?

And thanks to Broadway (which he has attributed to the success of X-Men), Hugh's got some much bigger films coming soon. He even just replaced Russell Crowe in Baz Luhrmann's next film.

I definitely would have liked Cyclops to have stuck around for X3, I wasn't crazy about how he was handled (and I don't think he's dead), but the interview certainly didn't make me think that Hugh and Halle pushed him out of the spotlight.

James is a terrific actor (I can't wait to hear him sing in "Enchanted"), and seems like a really nice guy. Nice to see he has a good attitude about everything...and I have to imagine that it must be a good feeling to be in both of the big superhero movies this summer. :up:

triplefive said:
Sigh, he sounds like SUCH a good guy.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen the Alibi... it's not out yet? He's really funny (and extraordinarily hot in one scene) in it.
I loved him in that movie :D

Wow, great interview. He seems really sweet. Can't wait to see Superman Returns...and Enchanted sounds alright too. He gets to sing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"