New Layout Feedback

The forum reorganization prioritized the site's main focus, which was the Heroes and their films. That's it.

And then they buried them under additional clicks and summary forums for Marvel and DC . . . .

And then they buried them under additional clicks and summary forums for Marvel and DC . . . .
Yeah, see the suggestions earlier in the thread. We tried to meet in the middle on this.

Reduced the reactions to 14, so they wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Any reason why we have two "Haha" reactions? We have the Joker version on the top row, then we have the other version on the bottom row. Is there any chance the one on the bottom could be replaced with something else?

Seems kind of unnecessary that we have two of the same kind of reaction.

Question: do all “reactions” boost the “reaction score”? Or is it just “like”? The other day, I posted some grim news in one of the politics threads; and someone responded (quite appropriately) with a “sad face.” But I don’t think my “reaction score” changed.

Question: do all “reactions” boost the “reaction score”? Or is it just “like”? The other day, I posted some grim news in one of the politics threads; and someone responded (quite appropriately) with a “sad face.” But I don’t think my “reaction score” changed.
The positive ones will increase it, but some like Sad or Hmm will give you a neutral score. Honestly, I don't get the point of the score since nothing on the board gets affected by it. Trophy titles go by your post counts and you get a joke one if you got banned. That's about it.

Any reason why we have two "Haha" reactions? We have the Joker version on the top row, then we have the other version on the bottom row. Is there any chance the one on the bottom could be replaced with something else?

Originally and before @flickchick85 turned the others back on, I wanted to make Superhero versions of the default emoji reactions we had. So there were a Superhero version of "Like", "Love", "Haha", "Sad", "Wow", "Angry", and "Scared".

I don't even know what a reaction score is and, frankly, don't really care. :funny:

Maybe someone should add a middle finger that tanks scores.

I like the bottom one better. :(

Yeah I can't wait for my reaction score to be -200,000. :o
You'll never reach your goal if you keep posting that kinda S***. Squeeks alone will keep you in the plus category.

I think you must be the Molly Ringwald of the Hype. Your reaction score is AWWWWESOME....it's, like SO much better than mine. I'll be Ally Sheedy.

giphy.gif

I read the little thingy on the left and think I know what a reaction score is now....and I'd still prefer a good burger and beer.

EDIT: How do I get a lot of points? Can they be traded in for something?

Last edited:
I think the only point of the reaction score is bragging rights to those who care and indifference from everyone else.

I think the only point of the reaction score is bragging rights to those who care and indifference from everyone else.
Soooooo.....no pizza.......

They do nothing to promote the boards on the front page (one link in a menu) or on the ComingSoon.net sister site or on social media. In 2024 who is even finding this place? New people who lurk or signup are a key part of a messageboard’s lifeblood.

Obviously to an extent superheroes are less popular now after Endgame and the pandemic and boards in general are on the decline too unfortunately. But it’s not necessary that every superhero movie gets its own sub-forum.
I noticed the forums aren’t buried in a menu on the front page anymore on desktop mode. On mobile, everything’s still in a menu. Haven’t checked iPad.

And there’s a new site icon.

Last edited:

I like the bottom one better. :(
Yeah people are attached to the standard reaction emoji’s, so we’re keeping them. But like…we can’t have comic book character emoji’s and NOT have the Joker laughing, right? Hence, two laughing reactions.

Yeah people are attached to the standard reaction emoji’s, so we’re keeping them. But like…we can’t have comic book character emoji’s and NOT have the Joker laughing, right? Hence, two laughing reactions.
That makes sense, I guess. Plus, I still use the regular "Haha" reaction from time to time.

for the "love" reaction, could we change the heart eyes emoji to just a heart? I've been wanting to "love" certain posts but the heart eyes I feel like doesn't communicate my reaction 1:1; in text message conversations and elsewhere on social media, the heart eyes is usually something that's supposed to be flirtatious or reacting to a picture rather than conveying the emotion of really liking something.

for the "love" reaction, could we change the heart eyes emoji to just a heart? I've been wanting to "love" certain posts but the heart eyes I feel like doesn't communicate my reaction 1:1; in text message conversations and elsewhere on social media, the heart eyes is usually something that's supposed to be flirtatious or reacting to a picture rather than conveying the emotion of really liking something.
A simple heart would be fine by me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"