New Mel Gibson Film Staring DiCaprio

http://www.collider.com/2010/01/16/...-and-his-viking-movie-with-leonardo-dicaprio/

But the big news came when he was talking about his Viking movie. While we reported about a month ago that he was developing a Viking film with screenwriter William Monahan (The Departed) and it was going to star ,Leonardo DiCaprio what we didn’t know is that he’s going for absolute realism! When we asked what language would be used in the film, Gibson told us:
“I think it’s going to be English - the English that would have been spoken back then - and Old Norse. Whatever the 9th century had to offer. I’m going to give you real.”
“The very first idea I ever had about making a film…my first thought about ever being a filmmaker was when I was sixteen years old and I wanted to make a Viking movie. And I wanted to make it in old Norse, which I was studying at the time. It’s odd because at that age that’s a stupidly ridiculous idea cause how will I ever be a filmmaker. It’s just some kind of romantic pipe dream. But that was the first big, epic, wacky idea I ever had was to show Viking real.”

Face it Gibson can deliever this type of thing. He would have made Troy a Bloody massacre probably compared to Peterson's.

I just realized I have no idea what Norse would actually sound like.

Lol , I meant what's another film that has Vikings in it , any recommendations. I can't for the life of me think of any.

Lol , I meant what's another film that has Vikings in it , any recommendations. I can't for the life of me think of any.

Pathfinder, which I hear was really bad so I skipped it.

The other one I can think of right now is The 13th Warrior. I actually liked this one. It definitely wasn't great but it was fun and entertaining.

Also(almost forgot :()Outlander. Outlander came out last year but didn't get a good release and very little attention. It was actually a really good surprise. I was expecting it to be bad but it turned out to be pretty good. It's sort of a retelling of Beowulf but with a bit of sci-fi.

If you have Netflix or go to a rental place, check out The 13th Warrior and Outlander.

My uncle told me The 13th Warrior was good. I know it got thrashed by critics but is it more of a guilty pleasure sort of thing?

My uncle told me The 13th Warrior was good. I know it got thrashed by critics but is it more of a guilty pleasure sort of thing?

It's a fun adventure film. I didn't think it was bad at all, not great by any means but still fairly good.

I recommend checking it out, at least for a one time watch. It's based on Michael Crichton's "Eaters of the Dead". I never got around to reading that novel so I don't know what was changed for the film.

I keep seeing Outlander and don't pick it up but that's something I been meaning to get . I remember 13th Warrior faintly but I thought it was enjoyable.

Tom Sizemore and Mel would make a great team.

I'd feel awkward if I was aboard the next Mel Gibson project also.

Shame that Mel's lack of personal control and discipline might stop this film from being made. Guy needs to get his self together.

I keep seeing Outlander and don't pick it up but that's something I been meaning to get . I remember 13th Warrior faintly but I thought it was enjoyable.

13th Warrior is better, by a long shot. No Sci-fi blending of genres ****.

As far as Mel's career goes, I think it's past the point of ever being repaired. The tape thing is funny, till you realise if he wasn't a celeb ans someone left a message like that for your Wife/ mother/ sister or any woman you personally cared about, you would either want the guys *** kicked, or thrown in jail, or both.

Well, Roman Polanski survived and won an Oscar afterwards despite being a child rapist. There's no reason Gibson won't still be making movies at least behind the camera. Despite what he did, he's still a very talented movie director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"