• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS New Positivity Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Part 1

**THIS MESSAGE WAS SLIGHTLY EDITED....BUT THE MAIN MESSAGE IS STILL....IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE, STAY OUT OF HERE...IF YOU DID LIKE THE MOVIE, TALK ABOUT IT BUT DO NOT INSULT THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T**

Hello,

The last positivity thread was closed because it descended into little more than a sanctuary to bad mouth people who disagree with you. That is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to discuss what you liked about the movie. If I see so much as the words "hater" or "Marvel" thrown around in here, you will be infracted and put on probation. This is your warning. Heed it.

Conversely, this is not a place to come and stir up trouble. If I see people coming in here simply to pick fights, you too will be banned.

This thread exists for one reason: confirmation bias. If you like the movie, come in here and everyone will tell you that they did to. Don't turn this into a place to bad mouth those who don't like the movie. If you don't like it. Stay out.

P.S. Skepticism thread is not being re-opened. Skepticism by its very nature involves being skeptical of something that is unseen or unproven. You've seen the movie. You have the full site to express your dislike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what happens to the kryptonite spear after the fight. Do you think the government, or even Batman, kept it in preparation for future events?

If Batman is smart, he will keep the spear hidden, away from the government.

I bet for sure Batman took it

After watching this movie several times now, I can honestly say I love it. At first I was with everyone else in thinking, well, that is wasn't good at all. I'm not sure why I felt the urge to watch it again after the first time, but I'm glad I did. This is definitely a film you need to see more then once, you're gonna miss too many things the first time. The script is really smart and even at 2 and a half hours, it packs details into every minute, wasting no time.
To me, this is not only a superman movie, but I think it's the smartest comic book film I've ever seen. It's really more of a deconstruction of the superhero genre. It takes time away from the action to talk about the issues that previous CB movies skip over. I fully believe that if a Superman actually existed, he wouldn't be very happy with how humanity would treat him. Past depictions of a just always good Superman never felt right to me, it's impossible to relate to someone who's always good.
I also see a big difference between Superman and Batman here. The former is very unsure of himself and of his place among humanity. Batman is not, he's comfortable and has no doubts about what he does and who he is. Luther was the best part of the movie for me. He stole the show with his psychotic and subtly menacing antics. While Keaton will probably always be the best Batman to me, Affleck did a very good job here.
I personally don't feel this movie is as good as the MOS, but it is very good in it's own right.

After watching this movie several times now, I can honestly say I love it. At first I was with everyone else in thinking, well, that is wasn't good at all. I'm not sure why I felt the urge to watch it again after the first time, but I'm glad I did. This is definitely a film you need to see more then once, you're gonna miss too many things the first time. The script is really smart and even at 2 and a half hours, it packs details into every minute, wasting no time.
To me, this is not only a superman movie, but I think it's the smartest comic book film I've ever seen. It's really more of a deconstruction of the superhero genre. It takes time away from the action to talk about the issues that previous CB movies skip over. I fully believe that if a Superman actually existed, he wouldn't be very happy with how humanity would treat him. Past depictions of a just always good Superman never felt right to me, it's impossible to relate to someone who's always good.
I also see a big difference between Superman and Batman here. The former is very unsure of himself and of his place among humanity. Batman is not, he's comfortable and has no doubts about what he does and who he is. Luther was the best part of the movie for me. He stole the show with his psychotic and subtly menacing antics. While Keaton will probably always be the best Batman to me, Affleck did a very good job here.
I personally don't feel this movie is as good as the MOS, but it is very good in it's own right.

I like you. You articulate well and don't just engage in hyperbole. You tell us your experience rather that try to refute the other guy. And I agree with you:woot:

As for the movie, I thought the death of Superman made even more sense here than in the comics: in said comics, Supes has nothing to prove, everyone loves him already. Where as in the movie, people are split, his sacrifice has meaning. Of course this is all a big metaphor for Jesus Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the political elements, but it wasn't expanded on.

I liked the the Superman death because it removes a lot of the plot problems that are a biproduct of his powers, but Superman barely evolved as a character.

I liked Batfleck, possibly the best live action Batman yet.

Basically the movie won the battle with me, but it didn't win the war. Guess I don't want to contradict myself further in the positivity thread.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

What does that have to do with anything you may ask....well, it is rather simple....it plainly states in the first post......DO NOT COME IN HERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT BVS....DO NOT COME IN HERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE BVS.....DO COME IN HERE TO TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT BVS.....so why do people keep coming in here and ignoring that? Is it that they are blind and didn't read the title of the thread that said to read the first post in the thread which tells you what can and can not be discussed in here? Is it that they have a death wish and want to see if we will actually infract or ban them if they ignore the warning (a foolish thing to do since I have infracted and banned many for ignoring the warning in the first post). In any case....here is the second warning on the same damn page because I just infracted THREE people for ignoring the warning,

Just came back from my second viewing. I think I have to update my score.

So many things on my mind. I was supposed to go with a couple of friends in IMAX, they rescheduled it to next week. I couldn't wait and I invited another friend of mine who is not a fan of comic books. He was skeptical when I first asked him if he wanted to go because he's heard stuff about this movie, but he decided to go.

After the movie, he said it's "really good" and far better than what he expected. He had a couple of questions, obviously. He said he's glad I "dragged" him to see the movie even though he was kinda skeptical.

As for me, for some reason, the editing issues were non existent this time around. I felt everything transitioned much more smoothly except for 2 instances. Also, Lex Luthor was far less annoying and I dug his performance even more. I paid attention to action this time around and it blew my mind even more.

The first time I saw it, I felt like the first 10 minutes were action sequences followed by a long 1 hour drama and it kinda felt exhausting. This time though, it somehow had a pattern. Black Zero event, some drama, Superman action intro, some drama, Batman action intro, some drama, Batmobile chase, some drama, etc. You get the idea. I found the time to breath between intense sequences. I think it is probably because I paid attention this time around and let myself loose. The court room sequence was surprisingly even more shocking, even though I saw it coming. I noticed the build up of tension this time around. Zack Snyder is no hack. He had to juggle too many sequences and I think he did his best. The end of Batman Superman fight was kinda quick the first time. This time, I got the idea that Batman realized it was Lex's plan all along. The "Nobody stay good" line and the sacrifice still made me tear up.

Doomsday Battle - The most EPIC boss battle in cinematic history in my opinion.

Time to change my score. I am going to see it a third time next Wednesday before waiting for the extended cut and waiting for other movies (The Jungle Book, Civil War).

Last edited:
Part of the reason for that is that Luthor's motivations, the reality behind them, is revealed backward. You get pieces of the puzzle as the film progresses.

It boils down to; Luthor is intelligent, and thinks he deserves ultimate power for that. He resents that things have not worked out that way, and wants to destroy the image and power of those who have it and won't use it to his ends. Superman represents someone else out there with more power, and Luthor fears and resents that, partially because he believes that power corrupts, which is both because of his father's abuses and because he has seen this in himself and the world. He's trapped in a vicious cycle of power and insecurity. In other words, pretty much all of Lex Luthor's comic book motivations, except he views Superman as a "God" instead of an "alien", which he also refers to Superman as. It's not particularly deep, but it is character accurate.

Just got in from seeing it again. Man, that first shot of Batman looming in the corner.

Definitely seeing this a 2nd time, enjoyed it a lot on first viewing and the more I think about it the more I liked it.

Some scenes though, man, pure comic book goodness. Like Doomsday and Superman shooting eye beams at each other, my jaw was literally on the floor.

I also loved the moment in the Batman v Suoerman fight where Batman is punching Superman repeatedly but as the Kryptonian wears off the punches become less and less effective.

I also loved the shot of Supes in space after the nuclear bomb and the sun bringing him back into the fight. There were more, but those stuck out for me a lot.

Just came back from my second viewing. I think I have to update my score.

So many things on my mind. I was supposed to go with a couple of friends in IMAX, they rescheduled it to next week. I couldn't wait and I invited another friend of mine who is not a fan of comic books. He was skeptical when I first asked him if he wanted to go because he's heard stuff about this movie, but he decided to go.

After the movie, he said it's "really good" and far better than what he expected. He had a couple of questions, obviously. He said he's glad I "dragged" him to see the movie even though he was kinda skeptical.

As for me, for some reason, the editing issues were non existent this time around. I felt everything transitioned much more smoothly except for 2 instances. Also, Lex Luthor was far less annoying and I dug his performance even more. I paid attention to action this time around and it blew my mind even more.

The first time I saw it, I felt like the first 10 minutes were action sequences followed by a long 1 hour drama and it kinda felt exhausting. This time though, it somehow had a pattern. Black Zero event, some drama, Superman action intro, some drama, Batman action intro, some drama, Batmobile chase, some drama, etc. You get the idea. I found the time to breath between intense sequences. I think it is probably because I paid attention this time around and let myself loose. The court room sequence was surprisingly even more shocking, even though I saw it coming. I noticed the build up of tension this time around. Zack Snyder is no hack. He had to juggle too many sequences and I think he did his best. The end of Batman Superman fight was kinda quick the first time. This time, I got the idea that Batman realized it was Lex's plan all along. The "Nobody stay good" line and the sacrifice still made me tear up.

Doomsday Battle - The most EPIC boss battle in cinematic history in my opinion.

Time to change my score. I am going to see it a third time next Wednesday before waiting for the extended cut and waiting for other movies (The Jungle Book, Civil War).

Glad you liked it better the 2nd time! I still can't figure out the complaints about the editing. I thought it was a delicate meticulous balance of several plot lines, and I had zero problems with pacing. On the contrary I felt it was perfect pacing. Never reaches a point where its too slow, yet never feels overstuffed to me.

Guys, you're making me want to go and watch it for the 4th time. :up:

Guys, you're making me want to go and watch it for the 4th time. :up:

do it! I would have SO purchased the Ultimate Ticket but unfortunately I just had surgery today and knew I wouldn't be able to make to the movies afterwords. Which is why I went and saw it 4 times over the course of a week and a half.

Hope you are doing fine!

4 times over a week and a half? I am jealous. ;)

Like I said in the reviews thread, I LOVED THIS MOVIE. When I came out of the cinema, there wasn't one thing I could say I didn't like and a week later, that still hasn't changed.

I think some people just weren't prepared for the magnitude of it. It's not just a movie, it's an event.

It'll be one of of those films I get on DVD but only have the mental energy to watch once a year (Like The Dark Knight, Lord of the Rings Trilogy) because it just takes so much out of you.

Hope you are doing fine!

4 times over a week and a half? I am jealous. ;)

doing okay, but it was double foot surgery so I can't do much walking - which saddens my soul as Im dying to see it again. lol. and Thank you!

Honestly this movie was everything I wanted it to be and more. Im utterly baffled as to how many critics/fans dislike it. It's one thing to not like it because you don't agree with the portrayal of Superman and Batman and you grew up with comics etc etc. I however, have never read a comic book in my life but movies are pretty much my life. And for ME, from a movie making standpoint, I thought it was extremely well written, well acted, beautifully shot etc etc. A masterpiece of a CBM in my eyes.

This is interesting...

Excalibur (1981) is shown on the marquee at the theater ("Coming Wednesday") on the night Batman's parents are killed. Excalibur is an incredibly faithful adaptation of Le Morte d'Arthur.
In the end Batman slams the spear into the ground (stone). He pulls the spear out of the ground before he attacks Superman (sword from stone). After he realizes he's become the bad guy, he abandons the spear the same way Arthur did after he abused its power to defeat Lancelot. Lois is the lady of the lake, tossing the spear into the water and then having to get it back before the final fight. The fight between Batman vs Superman is similar to the fight between Lancelot and Arthur (two good guys fighting against each other due to hubris and passion, eventually reconciling to fight the main bad guy)
Doomsday is Mordred. In the end Superman stabs Doomsday and gets stabbed in return, and Superman impales himself further to stab Doomsday through the back and kill him, same way the fight between Mordred and Arthur goes. Doomsday's unnatural creation also mirrors how Morgana created Mordred to some degree.
There may have been more I missed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4dnp2w/the_third_act_of_batman_v_superman_is_a_retelling/

I don't see the point of posting this in the other threads.

BTS Image
CfiDqfjVAAA8PCL.jpg:large

Doomsday vs Superman heat vision battle (I missed this scene the first time I saw it)
CfiDK6DUEAEjINe.jpg:large

Source

Last edited:
I don't see the point of posting this in the other threads.

BTS Image
CfiDqfjVAAA8PCL.jpg:large

Doomsday vs Superman heat vision battle (I missed this scene the first time I saw it)
CfiDK6DUEAEjINe.jpg:large

Source

That heat vision battle had my jaw on the floor when I saw the movie. Amazing stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"