World New to Captain America, what should i read?

B.A. Baracus

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know theres already a comics thread, but i'm a newcomer to captain america, whats the best graphic novel for me to read?

I'm so far looking at Captain America winter solider, the synopsis sounds good.

Last edited:
I think I'd like to know more about Cap, too. As a non Cap reader, I used to think he was just a bloated macho man spouting off patriotic one liners, indistinguishable from Major Glory from Dexter's Laboratory. Then I played Ultimate Alliance 2, where concepts like "liberty" and "the American way" actually matter, forcing Cap to go out on a limb to defend his ideas; it's a lot more interesting than simply bashing a super villain with your shield. It might be nice to know more about him in preparation for the upcoming movie.

the omnibus edition of brubaker's run does a pretty good job of getting newcomers up to speed on cap and his characters. even though he's been around since the 40's he hasn't really had alot of books in print concurrently until a few years ago, so you could probably start with #1 and work your way forward without too much trouble (as opposed to what you would find with batman/superman/spider-man)

I'm looking forward to the film next year, and as a CA virgin i'd like to read CA's origin.

Is there a definitive graphic novel origin story?

I enjoyed the movie and am almost finished with the game which is also pretty great. I also lpayed ultimate alliance 2 and now I'd like to read a little, see if I like his comic books too. I keep hearing that Brubaker's run is the best to go with.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I realize this thread is kind of dead, but now that the movie has come out maybe it'll get some more traffic? *crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"