Sequels A new Captain America, loyal to the goverment

horacethegrey

Civilian
Reaction score
After the events of The Winter Soldier, I can imagine many in the American government are not pleased with [BLACKOUT]how Steve Rogers took it upon himself to bring down SHIELD and lay waste to their intelligence apparatus[/BLACKOUT]. So, taking a cue from Cap comics of the 80's, the higher ups decide to create a new Captain America. One whose loyalty to the flag is unwavering. But which person would take the mantle? Perhaps characters from the comics like:

walker25.jpg

John Walker aka US Agent (formerly the Super Patriot) - A Captain America with a more pragmatic and extremist approach to patriotism.

ultimate-captain-america-frank-simpson-nuke.jpg

Frank Simpson aka Nuke - I'm basing his story more on the Ultimate version, where Simpson was also given the Super Soldier serum and becomes America's new Super Soldier in the 1960's.

tumblr_lpc7cptMkK1qbatka.png

William Burnside aka The Grand Director - Also known as the psychotic Captain America from the 1950's. And it was rumored that the Russo's may use him in the sequel, though it was never confirmed.

So what do you all think? Would Marvel Studios use this storyline for the next movie. If so, who would you cast in the roles?

After the events of The Winter Soldier, I can imagine many in the American government are not pleased with [BLACKOUT]how Steve Rogers took it upon himself to bring down SHIELD and lay waste to their intelligence apparatus[/BLACKOUT]. So, taking a cue from Cap comics of the 80's, the higher ups decide to create a new Captain America. One whose loyalty to the flag is unwavering.

Except Steve Rogers' loyalty to the flag IS unwavering, and he proved it by
exposing how thoroughly corrupted SHIELD was by HYDRA
; given that, and considering that their whole plan was to
use the Insight helicarriers as WMDs and kill untold thousands of people all at once, bringing SHIELD down
was pretty much his only option (not to mention the nice touch of irony it lends to Pierce's statement that sometimes you have to tear down the world you know in order to build a better one). Also, there's the fact that
Senator Stern himself turned out to be a HYDRA agent
, which would make the MCU's U.S. government look even more like a**holes than the previous movies have painted them as (with the sole exception at this point being President Ellis, maybe) - it would raise too many suspicions and too much unwanted attention from the wrong directions (like the rest of the Avengers, for starters - between the discovery of what SHIELD's Phase 2 was and the fallout of this movie, Stark's too smart to NOT put two-and-two together right out of the gate, and given his current relationship with the government Banner would probably latch on pretty quickly too), and I can't see
HYDRA - the organization that was able to infiltrate SHIELD in the first place, which was the first to successfully harness the power of the Tessaract, which was even able to transfer the friggin' mind of one of their top scientists into a '70s-vintage computer system complete with USB adapters! -
leaving themselves so wide open.

Cap's already seen by the public (rightly) as a hero for helping save the Earth from interstellar invasion; he'd been subject to a frame-up attempt; and a previous attempt by Uncle Sam to replace him with another super-soldier - Emil Blonsky - didn't exactly have favorable results. No, at this point I think it's more likely that Marvel would revisit the Death of Cap and just try to have him assassinated, especially since at least a few of the major characters of that arc -
Crossbones, Sharon Carter, Bucky/the Winter Soldier, etc.
- are in the picture now. From the enemy's standpoint, he'd be far too dangerous to allow to live after this latest setback to their aims.

Last edited:
MCU Shield takes from 616 by placing it under the Authority of the UN so I have to wonder how mad the US government would even be; I'm sure elements of the CIA, FBI, NSA, and Military would love an opportunity to replace Shield

i found it pretty inconsistent in the comics
sometime their international
sometimes they take orders from the US president

Some kind of cross between USAgent and The Grand Director I think would be best. I think the government coming after Cap again might be a little harsh. Perhaps Cap legitimately hangs up the SHIELD and the government is doing the right thing by replacing him, it's just... no one is Cap but Cap. Also a great time to get in all the Bucky Cap and Falcon Cap you can shake a stick at.

so will we have secret avengers after this film?

I must have been one of the few John Walker fans back in the day (first as Super-Patriot, then Cap and then U.S.Agent). I'd love to see an adaption of his story.

I have zero interest in a different Cap. None whatsoever.

Last edited:
Are you asking for a Captain America who doesn't do as much to check the morality of what he's doing, does not care whether something will better his country, but instead follows whatever government authority tells him to do?

Then you're looking for War Machine, in this case, known as the Iron Patriot.

Are you asking for a Captain America who doesn't do as much to check the morality of what he's doing, does not care whether something will better his country, but instead follows whatever government authority tells him to do?

Yup - that would be John Walker during his stint as Cap to a tee. The whole Steve Rogers resigns/John Walker a.k.a Super Patriot becomes Cap arc was amazing back in the day.

Then you're looking for War Machine, in this case, known as the Iron Patriot.

Would much rather see Cap replaced by another Cap, as opposed to a derivitive of Iron Man with a paint job; makes for a much more interesting dynamic (and story).

After the events of The Winter Soldier, I can imagine many in the American government are not pleased with [BLACKOUT]how Steve Rogers took it upon himself to bring down SHIELD and lay waste to their intelligence apparatus[/BLACKOUT]. So, taking a cue from Cap comics of the 80's, the higher ups decide to create a new Captain America. One whose loyalty to the flag is unwavering. But which person would take the mantle? Perhaps characters from the comics like:

walker25.jpg

John Walker aka US Agent (formerly the Super Patriot) - A Captain America with a more pragmatic and extremist approach to patriotism.

ultimate-captain-america-frank-simpson-nuke.jpg

Frank Simpson aka Nuke - I'm basing his story more on the Ultimate version, where Simpson was also given the Super Soldier serum and becomes America's new Super Soldier in the 1960's.

tumblr_lpc7cptMkK1qbatka.png

William Burnside aka The Grand Director - Also known as the psychotic Captain America from the 1950's. And it was rumored that the Russo's may use him in the sequel, though it was never confirmed.

So what do you all think? Would Marvel Studios use this storyline for the next movie. If so, who would you cast in the roles?

A thoughts just occured to me - Nuke (although he's now Will and not Frank) is already in Jessica Jones.

I can see Steve wearing "The Captain" uniform before U.S. Agent tho. T'Challa could EASILY make another shield too

How is a new Captain America going to serve Captain Marvel, though?

Would love to see Steve become The Captain, with the new shield he uses in the new Captain America title. I think that would be awesome.

No way. Especially not when we NEED Steve Rogers the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"