• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New WSJ article on WB movies and DC franchises.

well we did keep hearing about the Superman-Batman project even when they were in the middle of doing TDK. it was something that never went away. WB actually talking about it openly now means that it was an option they were pursuing had SR fared better. Bale couldnt talk openly about it either but he has given hints all the way up to the point before WB angered Nolan with that JL plot. next thing you know, Bale wouldnt talk about BvS, JLA and suddenly signed up with Terminator.

Thanks for clearing it up.

It's good to know WB never stopped wanting a Batman vs Superman movie.

with all due respect to the new Huntress, i would prefer that they go with the original Huntress who was Helena Wayne (Bruce and Selena's daughter). there's just something about that name and the concept of her existence thats just perfect (for lack of a better word).

She's a good character I just don't see her as being relevant in the current era. She'd work in alternate Earth Justice Society stories but that's it.

Bertinelli existing just makes Wayne obsolete as the Huntress.

i'm aware of Bartinelli's backstory and why the name "Huntress" is appropriate for her but i always felt that she was a ripoff in more ways than one.
Bertinelli isn't a rip-off she's an update on the Huntress concept.

DC made the concept relevant in this cynical age by creating her.

Bertinelli has another advantage over Wayne, too. Helena Wayne's existence relies on Batman and Catwoman having a child and raising her so she'll never truly be separate from them as a concept. Bertinelli not only fits into the darker Batman mythos in the present era but can function as a solo hero without having to be directly in Batman's shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"