• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warner Premiere to Close Down

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
The subsidiary of Warner Bros. responsible for the creation and distribution of among other things, adaptations of DC Comics characters for direct-to-video release is reportedly closing down. The Wrap have learned exclusively that due to the current downturn of the home entertainment industry, Warner Bros. has shut down its direct-to-video label Warner Premiere this summer.

"Given the continuing decline in the direct-to-video film market and shifting business models in the production of digital series, the decision was made to close Warner Premiere," the studio said in a statement to TheWrap.

Since 2007, Warner Premiere has released Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and most recently Superman vs. The Elite. The site goes on to report that the division will finish production on its remaining film and digital series slate this Fall. This announcement won't effect The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 but your guess is as good as mine on whether this news affect the release of Part 2.

More details as the story develops.

Deadline says Warner Animation and Warner Home Video will continue DC stuff.

Wait, wait! One other info from IGN.com:
“The division will continue and complete production on its remaining film and digital series project into the fall. In addition, the evaluation of potential digital content will be folded into Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, and Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will continue to produce and release animated films, such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and DC Universe.”

It's unclear if the final film project mentioned above was the recently announced sequel to A Christmas Story, arriving on home video in October. The studio will continue to focus their efforts on digital distribution and animated projects, like DC's upcoming release of The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1. The employees of Warner Premiere will be transferred to other departments.

So not that hopeless...

Yeah, just their live action direct-to-dvd movies. Their animated movies will be fine.

Well, that's a relief.

Close call.

Yeah, it is a relief knowing their horrible direct-to-dvd movies are done for. :o

But seriously, I'm relieved to know their animated movies will be continuing. When I first read about this on another site I got pretty sad because I thought the animated movies were finished after TDKR Pt.1-2 lol... Especially knowing that they plan to release Superman and Flash movies when they're done with Batman.

Last edited:
Thank Gawd!!! I got suicidal for nothing there :D

Good to know that the DC Animated movie series will be continuing. I also thought that they were done for when I first saw this headline. The animated DVD sales have declined quite a bit since the series started in 2007, so I've been kind of worried.

Well, that's a relief.
At first I was relieved, and then I saw that they're making The Christmas Story 2. Which further reinforced my belief that there is no God. And if there is, he's a ****ing dick.

:barf:

I thought that was fake. Dear Lord. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"