New "DC Universe" label from WHV - 13 animated films planned

ToddIsDead said:
kingdomcomefriendswf4.jpg

If a simplistic style like the Super Friends can capture some of the nuances of the KC characters, then I'm not too woried about it.

Woah, where'd you get that?

Yay! 550th post!

hippie_hunter said:
I bet that Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns will also get animated features.

KC would work great with Pixar quality CG.

DKR would be good in the second style of B-TAS.

Jourmugand said:
If a animated film by Paul Dini is done,then there is nothing to fear.It will be good.

Just imagine how good the live action films would be if WB let Dini handle them!

Dini >>>>>>> Singer

Dini >>>>>>> Nolan

Maybe Dini>>>>>>>>>>> Singer

But to me, Nolan did a fine, fine job on Batman. Dini's work would be awesome, but I think Nolan is doing a damn fine job himself.

OtepApe said:
Maybe Dini>>>>>>>>>>> Singer

But to me, Nolan did a fine, fine job on Batman. Dini's work would be awesome, but I think Nolan is doing a damn fine job himself.

Nolan, like Burton before him, made a decent Elseworld's Batman. We've yet to see the main stream comic version of Batman in a live action film. Given Dini's track record, if he was in control of the live action Batman franchise, that's what we'd see, and it would be a good bit better than Nolan's decent effort. Again:

Dini >>>>>>>>>> Nolan (when it comes to Batman and superheroes in general).

I just recently read Superman: What ever happened to the Man of Tomorrow? (I know, a little late) I think it would make a perfect animated movie. It needs to happen.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
I just recently read Superman: What ever happened to the Man of Tomorrow? (I know, a little late).
It's never too late to read a good Superman story.

IKnowSomeJudo said:
It's never too late to read a good Superman story.
Good is an understatement. It was GREAT. Possibly my favorite Superman story now.

I know it's not gonna happen, but if DC is gonna start doing their own films ala Marvel (animated or not), I would love to see a movie of the "Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive" storyarc. I was never able to see how that one ended (due to living 60 miles from the nearest comic shop), but based on what I was able to read of it I think it could work wonderfully. Also, if they're going to do a stand-alone Flash film, I think they should take one of Geoff John's stories since he did such a good job of writing that book.

Personally, I would love to finally see Justice League: Worlds Collide. This DTV movie was meant to fill in the gap between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but Warners Animation put a stop to it in favor of another season of JLU. But series writer Dwayne McDuffie wrote a script and Bruce Timm did do designs for it. It would have been the animated introduction of the Crime Syndicate, ( the evil versions of the JL for you not familiar with them ) It would also have explained where Wonder Woman's invisible jet came from in the first season of JLU. Bruce Timm has stated that he doesn't wanna release details of the story in case it does get made one day, so never say never. Maybe Warners will resurrect it as one of the 13 DTV movies. After all, some work has been done already. It could be sold as the big epic finale of the DC Animated Universe. It could be really cool.

Now, if these movies do well, will DC come out with more than 13?

hippie_hunter said:
I bet that Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns will also get animated features.

I drool at that idea. Translations though, not adaptations. Further drool...

Judas Contract will be amazing! I wonder if it will still be Terra to betray the Titans, cause they already did an arc like that in the show. Also, the last Titan movie was suppossed to set Robin up for a transformation to Knightwing. And in Judas Contract, he changes to Knightwing. Oh yeah. and the other awsome Judas Contract news, they call slade Deathstroke. I hope they chage his costume to the comic one for the movie. Anyone else?

Syn (Mercenary) said:
Judas Contract will be amazing! I wonder if it will still be Terra to betray the Titans, cause they already did an arc like that in the show. Also, the last Titan movie was suppossed to set Robin up for a transformation to Knightwing. And in Judas Contract, he changes to Knightwing. Oh yeah. and the other awsome Judas Contract news, they call slade Deathstroke. I hope they chage his costume to the comic one for the movie. Anyone else?
I highly doubt the movie will be tied to the TT TV show at all.

If its not, I think it will be better. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Titans TV show, but the closer the comics...the better. Am I right?

Oh, definitely. The show was a bad episode of Family Matters compared to The New Teen Titans comics. :o

I am a huge fan of Teen Titans comics, but an even bigger Deathstroke fan. So seeing him actually fight in the suit and stuff, oh God that would be awsome!

Judas Contract won't have anything to do with the tv show. It's being written by Marv Wolfman ( who wrote/co created the New Teen Titans back in the day) and the character designs are by New Titans co-creator George Perez. Expect something very faithful to the comics, although I imagine certain things will be tweeked here and there to make it a cohesive fim ( the Robin and Nightwing outfits may be updated to reflect the modern looks more...stuff like that.) Me...I'm excited to finally get to see Donna Troy get animated :)

Lestat74 said:
Judas Contract won't have anything to do with the tv show. It's being written by Marv Wolfman ( who wrote/co created the New Teen Titans back in the day) and the character designs are by New Titans co-creator George Perez. Expect something very faithful to the comics, although I imagine certain things will be tweeked here and there to make it a cohesive fim ( the Robin and Nightwing outfits may be updated to reflect the modern looks more...stuff like that.) Me...I'm excited to finally get to see Donna Troy get animated :)
Those are a couple things I definitely hope they change. I mean, no offense to comic continuity or George Perez but this:

711Nightwingwho.jpg

Is pretty damn ugly by today's standards. :o

I hope that the Cartoon Network DON"T get to do the animation. We don't need anymore badly drewn Teen Titans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"