Warner Animation planning a series of animated shorts... starting with Jonah Hex

So what did everyone think of The Spectre?

Personally, I thought it was damn good! :up:

i liked it alot, was a cool short, and i loved cole's voice.

I guess we know what the next one will be after Green Arrow...
3:00-4:00 DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection: Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, and Beyond!— Warner Home Video, Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation roll out the next wave of DC Showcase animated shorts with the world premiere of Jonah Hex, an advance look at Green Arrow, and details regarding the upcoming compilation Blu-ray/DVD release anchored by Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam. Executive producer Bruce Timm (DC Universe Animated Original Movies), Jonah Hex voice Thomas Jane (Hung), producer Alan Burnett (The Batman), acclaimed comics writer and fiction author Joe Lansdale, and writer/producer Greg Weisman (Young Justice) present a peek at three never-before-seen shorts. Room 7AB

Could you give out a link? Just so i know what the source is. :)

It's on the main SHH page. The Comic Con schedule for July 24th.

I still haven't seen The Spectre short.

Yet again, the legitimacy of this post regarding an online survey post of lists of possible upcoming DCU main features and Showcase shorts proves useful reference as it was yet again confirmed one that is listed.

Superman: The Lost City of Krypton: Superman learns of an evil robotic artificial intelligence called Brainiac, who travels the universe, miniaturizing whole alien cities, including their citizens, which he keeps in bottles for study. When Brainiac threatens Earth, Superman has no choice but to hunt him down, only to discover that among the bottled cities in the robot's possession is Kandor from his homeworld of Krypton. Somehow the Man of Steel has to figure out how to defeat this superpowerful A.I., while protecting this last vestige of Kryptonian society. From Geoff Johns' popular comic series. Rated PG-13

Batman: Spawn of the Demon: When eco-terrorist Ra's Al Ghul sets out to destroy most of the world's population, it's up to Batman to stop him. Fortunately the Dark Knight finds an unexpected ally in Ra's daughter Talia, who can no longer tolerate her father's madness. Together Batman and Talia jet to some of the most exotic spots on the planet, battling Deadshot, Lady Shiva, and the League of Assassins, in a desperate race to stop Ra's before it's too late. Rated PG-13

Possible Short features under "DC Showcase"

THE SPECTRE The Spectre is vengeance incarnate, and when a duo of murderers incur his wrath, they find that there are far worse punishments than simply getting caught. Rated PG-13

CATWOMAN When Catwoman comes to the rescue of a cat being shot at by thugs, a ribbon tied to the cat's collar becomes a clue that leads her into Gotham's salacious underworld. There Catwoman uncovers an international slavery ring, which she has to bring down to save its victims, including the cat's owner. Written by famed Batman scribe Paul Dini. Rated PG-13.

LOBO Lobo, the grungiest, most self-centered interstellar mercenary this side of the Milky Way, has his hands full when he reluctantly accepts the assignment of delivering a baby to the royal family of a distant planet. He can't understand why forces are trying to stop him, until he completes his delivery and discovers that the baby is really an intergalactic assassin intent of destroying the royal king. Rated PG-13.

GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT What if Bruce Wayne had been born in Victorian Times? That's the question posed by "Gotham by Gaslight," which features a turn-of-the-century Batman trying to track down a Jack the Ripper killer on the foggy, cobblestone streets of Gotham City. Based on the acclaimed graphic novel. Rated PG-13.

GREEN ARROW While at the airport to pick up his girlfriend Black Canary, Green Arrow comes head-to-head with some of his greatest enemies who are intent on assassinating a newly arrived young princess from America. Rated PG-13.

BOOSTER GOLD/BLUE BEETLE In a parody of a buddy cop movie, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are on surveillance duty, watching the apartment building of a diabolical scientist. When they inadvertently make their presence known, the scientist activates the weapon he's been hiding, a giant doomsday robot, which is set to go off like a ticking bomb unless our heroes can figure out a way to stop it. Rated PG-13.

JONAH HEX The tough-as-nails bounty hunter Jonah Hex always gets his man - until someone else gets to him first - in this case a murderous madam who wants to steal more than just his bounty from Jonah Hex. Based on a story from the award-winning Jonah Hex comic series. Rated PG-13.

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM As Clark Kent interviews street kid Billy Batson, he realizes that the feisty kid has a lot of heart. When Billy is chosen by an ancient wizard to turn into the hero Captain Marvel just by invoking the word, "Shazam!" Billy's powers come none-too-soon, because he also discovers that he's being pursued by a centuries' old, murderous villain, Black Adam, who is out to destroy Captain Marvel and is so powerful, not even Superman can stop him. Rated PG-13.

The DC Showcase animated shorts included on future DC Universe direct-to-DVD animated releases may be 10-15 minutes in length. However, extended versions of the animated shorts you read about earlier may be released as a collection on DVD for $12.99.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3576140&postcount=1

I'm guessing Superman: The Lost City of Krypton might be the Spring; Feb. release 2011 that has yet to be announced.

I still think that info on the full-length movies is bull****. The info on the shorts, however, seems pretty undeniable.

And I'm definitely looking forward to Booster Gold/Blue Beetle.

Interesting...

According to San Diego Comic-Con 2010 panel details, the fourth DC Showcase animated short is DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam! - Return of Black Adam, which will anchor a special DC Showcase Blu-ray/DVD compilation home video release scheduled for later this year. The animated short will run 22 minutes in length, nearly double the length of a regular DC Showcase animated short.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=793

A 4th DCU release in 2010 that is the special DC Showcase Blu-ray/DVD compilation home video?! :wow: :awesome: :woot:

I wish that for these shorts they would give them theatrical budgets and pair them up with movies in theaters. The concept of a theatrical short seems to be something that only Pixar appreciates these days. :(

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...on/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BURBANK, CA (August 5, 2010) – Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video have expanded the realm of superhero storytelling beyond the popular DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies with the introduction of the DC Showcase, a series of animated shorts featuring characters from the celebrated DC Comics vault. On November 9, 2010, Warner Home Video will distribute the DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection, the first quartet of animated adventures featuring the never-before-seen Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam, as a Special Edition Blu-Ray™ for $29.99 (SRP) and single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP).

DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection 1-Disc Special Edition DVD features more than 1 hour of exciting extra content, including:
• Four animation shorts (est. 62 min)
• Four additional bonus TV series episodes handpicked by Bruce Timm
DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection Blu-Ray™ features more than 2 1/2 hours of exciting extra content, including:
• Four animation shorts (est. 62 min)
• Commentaries by renowned writers Steve Niles, Joe Lansdale, Greg Weisman and Michael Jelenic
• Four additional bonus TV series episodes handpicked by Bruce Timm
• Digital copy online of the shorts

Still not very interested. :|

Bruce Timm stated over at the Toonzone forums that if the DC Showcase DVD doesn't do well they may have to stop doing the shorts. That's just something to consider.

Yeah it's a debate for me. Do i wanna spent 30 bucks on something that only has 30 minutes of new footage for me and commentaries? I don't think i'm interested at all, and i dearly hope Piracy won't make this flop. =S I enjoy these shorts, but i also feel very cheated that they didn't INFORM us that the Spectre, Jonah Hex shorts would get extended.

I'm only getting the single disc. :o **** them if they think I'm spending more than 20 bucks on this.

The only DCU movies I own right now are Gotham Knight and the one disc Crisis on Two Earth, so I haven't seen any of the shorts. I'll give this a rent.

I liked Deadman on Justice League Unlimited. I would love to see him again in a tv series.

Check "Dawn of the Deadman" from The Brave and The Bold.

Bruce Timm stated over at the Toonzone forums that if the DC Showcase DVD doesn't do well they may have to stop doing the shorts. That's just something to consider.

Well, I definately would not like that to happen, for I have very much enjoyed the shorts.

Didn't notice this until now. :eek: :cool: :D

statue.jpg

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=823

Guess its safe to assume the next DC Showcase compilation shorts next year will be Catwoman, Lobo, Blue Beetle/Booster Gold anchored by Batman Gotham by Gaslight as shown in this thread.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3576140&postcount=1

I would not mind seeing (no real order):
  • Nightwing
  • Green Arrow
  • Flash
  • Blue Devil
  • Doctor Fate
  • Aquaman
  • Hawkman
  • Starman
  • The Question
  • Martian Manhunter