World Nic Cage as Superman - COSTUME TEST LEAKED!

-JKR-

Superhero
Reaction score
The japanese fansite timburton.jp has leaked an images of what seems to be Nic Cage during his costume test for Tim Burton's Superman Lives. I warn you, keep away children and pregnant women:

cagesuperman.jpg

I honestly can't tell whether this is real or fake. Certainly there've been some descriptions of the screen test indicating the the FX department cobbled something together in a hurry just to appease Cage, which is exactly what this looks like IF it is indeed real.

Of course, bear in mind, I'm also laughing hysterically at how dog-ugly that is, so that's probably affecting my judgement, too.

Jeezus Christ.. & people have the bare faced cheek to insult Superman Returns & Smallville LOL

Look how f**kin bad that looks!

That picture is getting saved, fake or not that is bloody terrible..

Its not that far of a jump to believe this is genuine when you look at all the promo art & then there was that model Burton released of his Superman suit..

Either way I want to forget that picture, yet keep it as a constant reminder of how lucky we have been & how unlucky we could have been

The stuff nightmares are made of..

Something looks off about the upper chest area, just above the suit opening. Like it's been colored in, as the color is off from the rest of Cage's neck. there's also a weird line around his nck. Perhaps the suit, if this is real, actually went up to Cage's neck and someone hastily photoshoped it to look like it opened down to the S? Also the S is crooked, though if it was cobbled together, it may actually be crooked for real.

The head looks a bit off, yeah, but the wig also helps to that.. effect

That's a WIG?!?!

Not that anyone having hair like normally that isn't weird, but they actually WANTED superman to have hair like that?!?!?!

Jeez...

It starts way back in the head--can't be real hair.. can it?

That's awful.

nicolas-cage2.jpg

This is Nic's actual hair line, so I am betting that's his real hair... I hope...

All the concept art has short haired Superman.

It looks like a toy someone manipped Cage's head onto. :down

..and he was closing his eyes when they took the picture, so the stoner look adds to the bizarreness of the picture

Maybe this was supposed to be after Kryptonite poisoning.

Christ, that looks awful.

[A];17504951 said:
..and he was closing his eyes when they took the picture, so the stoner look adds to the bizarreness of the picture

I think you hit it.

It's actually a pic of Bizarro! :p

It looks like a toy someone manipped Cage's head onto. :down

Well, if you look at it precisely you'll notice that the wide neck opening is actually is still rubber/painted, while the actual opening is tight to Cage's neck.

Anyway, here's the video I got it from:

And here are concept art & maquette for Braniac (featuring Jon Peters' ****ing SPIDER!!! :wow:):

I wonder what character Depp would've played..

It really looks like a manip with Cage's head on an action figure to me, especially in the close-up in the "video."

I worked on Superman Returns. This is 100% legit and is the ONLY known photo of Cage as Superman. You can take it to the bank. I don't remember the neckline being flesh-colored, but the rest of the image is absolutely authentic.

So did they snap this before they put on the wig, or after taking it off? Or is it bogus?
I also thought that he was fitted with the black/post death costume, not the blue one with the red/blue S shield. This pic matches what I've heard for the design of that suit, I just thought he wore the other one.

So did they snap this before they put on the wig, or after taking it off? Or is it bogus?
I also thought that he was fitted with the black/post death costume, not the blue one with the red/blue S shield. This pic matches what I've heard for the design of that suit, I just thought he wore the other one.

That's his own long Con Air hair he had at the time.
sup582256height370width.jpg

If the pic is real he's not wearing the Superman wig with the trademark spit curl in this pic and the costumes not finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"