World Superman Lives!

Really enjoyed the documentary. It made me appreciate Superman Returns and Man of Steel. While neither are perfect, I'm glad we got them compared to Superman Lives. That Jon Peters is one crazy dude. He has some weird obsession with spiders...

I love the but where Schnepp mentions the fact he wanted a giant spider and he said "well that was a Thanagarian Snare Beast". Yes the name came from the fact that he wanted a giant spider yet he tried to deny that lol

Really enjoyed the documentary. It made me appreciate Superman Returns and Man of Steel. While neither are perfect, I'm glad we got them compared to Superman Lives. That Jon Peters is one crazy dude. He has some weird obsession with spiders...

The word is that he doesn´t know how to read. That´s why he asks people to read the script to him

I hope this crew behind the doc makes others about aborted comic book films

I hope this crew behind the doc makes others about aborted comic book films

I don't think they will, they nearly went broke making this one.

Fortunately some people are working on a documentary about the aborted Justice League Mortal movie.

I don't think they will, they nearly went broke making this one.

Fortunately some people are working on a documentary about the aborted Justice League Mortal movie.

Now that is something I would love to see. Hope it will be as in depth as this doc was.

Now that is something I would love to see. Hope it will be as in depth as this doc was.

Yeah fingers crossed, it was quite far into pre production, a lot of rumours it was nearly ready to start shooting. Hopefully they get to make it and there's plenty to tell. I do feel they might struggle for some interviews though i.e. Armie Hammer and George Miler. I am a huge fan of that script aswell so it's another film I'd love to have seen get made.

Yeah, some australian guys work on the JL doc but they still need the green light from WB and Miller's production company. Warners didn't release a Justice League movie yet so artists can't even post their Mortal work on their websites. Hopefully Superman Lives will convince them. On the other hand... it's not cheap, SL had Kickstarter and Fanbacked campaigns, donations thru the movie's website and now digi/dvd/blu sales. And the sad thing is Schnepp released the movie on thursday and four days laters it was already on torrents. :(

Also Justice League Mortal was much closer to shooting. They had all the actors signed and in Australia training for many, many weeks and in 2008 these big movies already had CG pre-viz so with direct support from Warners, Miller and WETA they could show MUCH MORE material than SL doc.

I have a feeling WB is going to be less than cooperating with those guys.

Seeing as they still have't released a JL movie yet I doubt they're going to want to all that production info getting out there.

It's possible and they just can't make this doc without WB's support. Usually these studios are scared that they'd look like idiots but BvS and Suicide Squad trailers, Mad Max and Schnepp's Superman Lives doc they all have great reactions from fans so we'll see. Plus the team behind this JL doc just posted first three promo posters yesterday with: "While still in negotiations with Warner Bros. & Kennedy/Miller/Mitchell the planned production’s synopsis is as follows:"

JLM_SUPERMAN.jpg
JLM_BATMAN.png
JLM_GL.png

It's possible and they just can't make this doc without WB's support. Usually these studios are scared that they'd look like idiots but BvS and Suicide Squad trailers, Mad Max and Schnepp's Superman Lives doc they all have great reactions from fans so we'll see. Plus the team behind this JL doc just posted first three promo posters yesterday with: "While still in negotiations with Warner Bros. & Kennedy/Miller/Mitchell the planned production’s synopsis is as follows:"

JLM_SUPERMAN.jpg
JLM_BATMAN.png
JLM_GL.png
Nice

I loved it. I've always been into the behind the scenes stuff though, which is why I also thoroughly enjoy the commentary tracks on movies. That said, the highlight was definitely everyone talking about Jon Peters and the obvious dislike almost all of them have towards him.

Really enjoyed this documentary and they finally gave light on this production.

Honestly? I think Nic Cage looked great in the suit. With Tim Burton at the helm, I could've seen the movie working very well. He would've explored the character and the pulpier science-fiction aspects wonderfully. And in a way which we'll likely not see. Big, mainstream comic book adaptations tend not to lean too much on the director's sensibility. Now, with shared universes, more than ever.

I would have still orefered SL to SR, honestly. SL is just so out there, it would have been so interesting to watch.

Dammit, 2 weeks later they finally ship my movie :funny: I actually forgot about it the last few days.

At least it's shipping from L.A. if I'm not mistaken and I'm in the Bay so hopefully it's here sooner than later

Well, nice. I got my copy today :up:

Watching it now :)

I would have still orefered SL to SR, honestly. SL is just so out there, it would have been so interesting to watch.
I agree. This movie would have taken some risks and broken away from the Donner mould at least (not a dig at those movies, I like them, but it was time to move on). But anyway, we have Cavill now.

Here's hoping "Superman Lives" can come to fruition in some form, one day.

Here's hoping "Superman Lives" can come to fruition in some form, one day.

Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed, best we could hope for is a graphic novel I would say.

Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed, best we could hope for is a graphic novel I would say.

Yeah, a graphic novel would be cool...
Still, with a bit of luck it could one day be adapted into a direct-to-video animated movie by Warner Bros Animation.

Yeah, a graphic novel would be cool...
Still, with a bit of luck it could one day be adapted into a direct-to-video animated movie by Warner Bros Animation.

I asked Oliva about SL on Twitter two years back or so and he told me WB would have to pay some of SL team so probably no chance.

I got my blue ray yesterday, time to took into the extras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"