• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Nicolas Cage in Talks to Star as Nicolas Cage in Meta Drama 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Cage, if deals close, would star as actor Nicolas Cage. The character is desperate to get a role in a new Tarantino movie while also dealing with a strained relationship with his teenage daughter. He also occasionally talks to an egotistical 1990s version of himself who rides him for making too many crappy movies and for not being a star anymore.

The Cage character is also under a mountain of debt and finds himself forced to make an appearance at the birthday party of a Mexican billionaire who happens to be a fan of Cage’s work and secretly hopes to show him a script on which he’s been working.

While he bonds with the man, Cage is informed by the CIA that the billionaire is actually a drug cartel kingpin who has kidnapped the daughter of a Mexican presidential nominee, and is recruited by the U.S. government to get intelligence. The situation spirals even more dramatically when the Mexican brings over Cage’s daughter and his ex-wife for a reconciliation, and when their lives are on the line, Cage takes on the role of a lifetime.

The story is meta and includes nods to Cage works such as Leaving Las Vegas, Face-Off and Gone in 60 Seconds, while the script that Cage and the Mexican are writing begins to mirror events on the storyline. The project has tones of Adaptation, which starred Cage, Jean-Claude Van Damme’s meta movie JCVD, and the John Travolta Hollywood caper Get Shorty, among others.
Nicolas Cage in Talks to Star as Nicolas Cage in Meta Drama 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent' (Exclusive)

The project has tones of Adaptation, which starred Cage, Jean-Claude Van Damme’s meta movie JCVD, and the John Travolta Hollywood caper Get Shorty, among others.
That's interesting. I watched an interview with Cage a while back where he expressed his admiration for JCVD and Van Damme's performance in it.

I'm on board with all of this.

I keep semi joking about a comeback, but this could be it if they don't **** it up! This made my week.

And he might be getting a payday ecquivelant to his 90's days. That means his debt will take a tenth less of the time to be paid off!

This sounds AWESOME.

vrOvH4b.gif

That's interesting. I watched an interview with Cage a while back where he expressed his admiration for JCVD and Van Damme's performance in it.

He's going to out Damme Van Damme in being meta and self deprecating material.

nic cage, in my book, never disappoints.

even if the movie he is in is not that good, he always puts 110% into it and delivers an entertaining performance.
irregardless of the quality of the movie itself.

nothin but respect for someone that dedicated to his craft.

Good thing I checked to see if this thread exists before starting one.

One o' my pals called this; Cageception.

All of this Nick Cage news lately has been truly golden. Color me uber-hyped.

I would die a happy man if all the active forums on the first page of the Misc. Films section were all Nicolas Cage movies, either old ones or in development.

I would die a happy man if all the active forums on the first page of the Misc. Films section were all Nicolas Cage movies, either old ones or in development.

the nic cage cinematic universe.
THE NCU.
bigger, better and more intense than the mcu.
except there won't be an Endgame for it. because there is no endgame for nic cage.
he is and always will be.

the other day i saw yahoo frontpage news had posted about this movie.

i decided to read the comments section and a lot of people were being negative and talking sh** about nic cage and his acting.

i am now convinced that a lot of these people are also f***ing idiots.

I want him and Tommy Wiseau to do a collaboration. Just picture the utter insanity.

the nic cage cinematic universe.
THE NCU.
bigger, better and more intense than the mcu.
except there won't be an Endgame for it. because there is no endgame for nic cage.
he is and always will be.

Raising Arizona, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Con Air, Ghost Rider, National Treasure and Leaving Las Vegas in the same universe? Hellz yes.

Or Mandy. Nic Cage at his best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"