Nicolas Cage vs Haunted Amusement Park in Wally’s Wonderland

How long until Nicolas Cage and Tommy Wiseau team up for a movie?

The universe would explode with such a combination

All the budget went to Cage, that's for sure. Lol.

That looks more like s***y sales art they use to flog the movie to international markets.

So is this basically Nic Cage vs the Banana Splits? Because if so, I'm down.

Who'd have thought Nicolas Cage would become a horror icon.

Watch Nicolas Cage battle giant animatronic animals in 'Willy's Wonderland' teaser

"Nic plays a janitor who gets trapped in this children’s funhouse-amusement park with Willy, the animatronic weasel, and his gang," says director Kevin Lewis. His gang? "I call them the Psychopathic Animatronic Misfits," continues Lewis. "You’ve got Willy the Weasel, Artie the Alligator, Gus the Gorilla. There’s eight of them, and they spring to life and attack him and others, and Nic has to battle his way out. It’s like man versus machine! They’ve been doing this in the past and they picked the wrong guy: Nic."

Lewis regards the film as a homage to the movies he watched growing up.

"It’s a fun, wacky, crazy rollercoaster ride movie," he says. "Willy’s Wonderland is like a retro-throwback to the ‘80s. I grew up with Sam Raimi and Evil Dead and those kinds of fun ‘80s horror and action horror films. This was made — and I truly mean this — this was made by a fanboy for all the fanboys and -girls. A producer friend of mine, Jeremy Davis, brought me the project, and we both fell in love with it. We worked on it, we got Nic attached, he really fell in love with the project, and saw our vision of it, and we got it going. Nic’s been a fantastic partner on this movie. It’s vintage Nic. He just brings so much to this movie. I think people are going to really dig it."

Lewis shot the film in Atlanta at the start of the year.

"We wrapped right before the pandemic hit," says the director. "It was crazy. We wrapped, and I came home, and then within two weeks we were in lockdown. Crazy."

The movie was originally called Wally's Wonderland. Why the switch?

"Yeah, it was called Wally’s Wonderland, and we just decided at the end of the day, we’d change it to Willy’s." says Lewis. "I think it was just, you know, Wally’s World and stuff. We felt that Willy’s was a better fit. Nic liked Willy’s too, so we went with Willy’s."

The filmmaker reveals he would be more than happy to oversee a sequel, should Willy's Wonderland prove a hit.

"If the movie gods decide it, I think there’s many more adventures for Willy and his gang," says the director.

Well, that kinda sucked. Especially after the hype of “Everything (trailer/release date, animatronics) has to be perfect because we’re the underdog and we only get one shot at cinema immortality.” Give a glimpse of the moving animatronics at the very least.

Yeah, if that's not a teaser for the trailer, then it's severely underwhelming.

‘Willy’s Wonderland’ Character Posters Tease the Animatronic Horrors Nicolas Cage Will Fight! [Exclusive]

The Janitor (Cage) finds himself stranded in a remote town. Unable to pay the repair shop to fix his Jeep, he agrees to work off his debt by spending the night cleaning Willy’s Wonderland, an abandoned theme park full of animatronic characters that were once a beacon of fun for children to play with.

“But Willy’s Wonderland carries a dark secret that The Janitor is about to discover. He’s been lured into a deadly trap, or rather, a living nightmare, as the Wonderland’s animatronic characters come to life to destroy him. The Janitor is forced to fight his way from one monster to another, trying to survive until morning.

“And The Janitor doesn’t play nice.

A9DF7DFA-3516-46C4-98C8-35748E8317F7.jpeg A19D82B9-6BB6-42CF-9676-2395BDE235E8.jpeg DD723CD5-5E70-435D-93DC-5877C26348BD.jpeg 3D7760E4-228E-4B6F-91F8-D851DCDA04AB.jpeg 4530122A-9B5E-4E30-AC2D-443784BE14EF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"