• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nicolas Cage in Talks to Star as Nicolas Cage in Meta Drama 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Loved this so much and I already had a feeling I would once the movie started and right off the bat, we get a great reference to one of my favorite Nic Cage films of all-time.

Seriously, this movie was a lot of fun and very entertaining from beginning to end and Pedro and Nic have some of the best onscreen bromance chemistry that I've seen in a while.

I would love to see Keanu Reeves do a film like this and just have a blast with those Neo and John Wick personas and I also really need to check out those Paddington films lol.

But it's only now that he's truly coming back to the mainstream, is Kane's point.

Not that he went anywhere.
woo-nick-cage.gif

This movie was wild. I had a fun time. I have to admit, the script felt very disjointed to me in the first half. Like things were happening and i didn't quite get …why they were happening. But overall its a fun meta comedy about Nic Cage. I was hoping the movie would get a bit more bonkers and more “Cage unleashed” so temper your expectations if youre going into this looking for Cage going full crazy Cage. This isnt REALLY the movie you think it is.

Saw this today and have to say it kinda underwhelmed me. 7/10 for me I think.

While it definitely had some of what I expected, I felt the plot kinda fell apart about halfway through and it kinda lost my interest when the "action movie" subplot started. I just felt like there was probably a better story hiding in the concept for this movie, that ultimately the filmmakers missed out on delivering.

It was nonetheless hilarious and very entertaining, but I was hoping for Nic Cage to actually riff off his previous film personas (other than the one we got) and was disappointed we didn't get that, and that references to his previous films were mostly just one-line mentions.

Also there was a line in the trailer "I'm 44 years old and have seen Face/Off and The Rock!" that didn't make it into the movie - no idea why they cut that, it would've been a better line!

The movie was hilarious! Way over the top and ridiculous, but I love that it doesn’t take itself seriously. Nic Cage was excellent! He and Pascal had excellent chemistry

Felt the movie was a tad short though. Could have used an extra 15 or so min. Also seems like a couple of lines & scenes that were used in trailers and promotional material didn’t make it onto the final cut

Saw this today and have to say it kinda underwhelmed me. 7/10 for me I think.

While it definitely had some of what I expected, I felt the plot kinda fell apart about halfway through and it kinda lost my interest when the "action movie" subplot started. I just felt like there was probably a better story hiding in the concept for this movie, that ultimately the filmmakers missed out on delivering.

It was nonetheless hilarious and very entertaining, but I was hoping for Nic Cage to actually riff off his previous film personas (other than the one we got) and was disappointed we didn't get that, and that references to his previous films were mostly just one-line mentions.

Also there was a line in the trailer "I'm 44 years old and have seen Face/Off and The Rock!" that didn't make it into the movie - no idea why they cut that, it would've been a better line!

Completely agree, the script felt like it was struggling to keep itself together in the first two acts. A lot of times I felt like "ok where is all this going?" It definitely felt pretty sloppy. But Cage and Pascal's quirky performances kind of keep it all afloat.

This movie definitely could have been a lot more and didnt reach the potential of its concept. This could've been Cage's magnum opus.

This was definitely enjoyable. Best parts were Cage being Cage and all of his Cage-isms. Pedro Pascal is also great and a really talented comedic actor.

However, I do agree that the movie becomes much less funny and interesting when it moves into the generic "action comedy movie" territory. It started to lose a lot of what made it unique at the start.

7/10

Yeah, and I would also say that Tiffany Haddish and Ike Barinholtz were among the weaker links in the cast. They aren’t bad but they feel kinda miscast. I think it would have worked better if the two CIA agents were played by more serious actors but the director seemed to think, “This is a comedy; let’s cast two comedic actors as these characters.” And it just makes them come off incompetent and kinda stupid. Also
it’s pretty obvious Barinholtz was only available for a day or two because he disappears after a couple scenes and then (I think?) is the corpse we see towards the end when Haddish has her shootout.

Yeah, and I would also say that Tiffany Haddish and Ike Barinholtz were among the weaker links in the cast. They aren’t bad but they feel kinda miscast. I think it would have worked better if the two CIA agents were played by more serious actors but the director seemed to think, “This is a comedy; let’s cast two comedic actors as these characters.” And it just makes them come off incompetent and kinda stupid. Also
it’s pretty obvious Barinholtz was only available for a day or two because he disappears after a couple scenes and then (I think?) is the corpse we see towards the end when Haddish has her shootout.

I think the problem is they kind of disappear into the background and don't do anything meaningful in the second half.

Now why tf didn’t any of you tell me Sharon Horgan was going to be in this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"