Nicolas Winding Refn's ‘Too Old To Die Young’ series for Amazon Studios

StarLord

<<<<<<<<<<
Reaction score
Variety

Too Old To Die Young” explores the criminal underbelly of Los Angeles. The series is described as being in a similar vein to Refn’s Pusher trilogy, which looked at Danish criminals caught up in the drug trade. It explores various characters’ existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurai’s in the city of angels.

Refn will serve as co-writer with Ed Brubaker, who will be an executive producer. Refn will also direct the series and produce it.

The project is eyeing several big-name stars — Variety sources have mentioned three notable male actors who have been offered roles, though no deals have been made.

:hmr:

TV is where it's at these day's people. Sound's good.

Hnnngh Yes!

PS_LEWIS_NEON_AP_006.gif

Ill check it out, but I hope its better than his last couple films. The only thing Im sure of is that it will be gorgeous.

Brubaker be writing?

Sold.

Refn
Dear Friends! Shooting November 2017 in Los Angeles.

There's a short video in the Tweet with Hank Williams' ''Angel of Death'' playing over the LA backdrop.

I was gonna make a new thread but figured i'd do a search so here we are. There is now an totdytv instagram account with some images up, they are a few days into shooting this. Cinematographer is Darius Khondji, all I need now is for Refn to say Cliff Martinez is scoring it..

Jena Malone and Callie Hernandez are in it, that is also good. Refn has yet to let me down in any way, so i'm hoping this is gonna be good. He had his power blanket on so that is a good sign.

Halley Gross (Westworld, The Last of Us Part II) is working on this.

So here's the cast for this thing inc. Miles Teller, Jena Malone, John Hawkes and ...Billy Baldwin.

saj1Pgl.jpg

So here's the cast for this thing inc. Miles Teller, Jena Malone, John Hawkes and ...Billy Baldwin.

saj1Pgl.jpg

Why is this giving me such a Tiffany Pollard vibe...

tumblr_oh9bqtWvzQ1v7wm8ho1_250.gif

Weird it says ''coming soon to theatres'' at the end.

Footage looks good though. That track has to be Martinez.

Yeah I dunno about that, this is a 10 episode amazon series.

Cliff Martinez is more or less confirmed to be contributing to the score depending on whether or not you trust imdb. Refn uses songs/music from other bands and artists too if it fits a scene...so I wouldn't expect that to change. But there's a good chance any opening titles or intro sequence will be a Martinez score.

:up:

Looking forward to seeing the trailer in HD.

It looks really good so can’t wait.

Is this supposed to be a limited series?

I can't find any mentions of it being limited.

Sounds like Martinez's signature work for Refn. I still dig it.

To see that footage in HD is glorious though. :atp:

Damn it’s gone lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"