• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Nightmare casting and discussion thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

We now know the villain will be nightmare which is so cool. Who would be great to play him?

It’s going to be a challenge to cast someone creepy but not so creepy it scares away the general audience.

You know who would be fun? Christopher Lloyd. He’s due for a comeback I reckon and he can do fun but creepy kooky

Last edited:
I would go for Matt Smith as Nightmare

Rami Malek, though I‘d prefer him as Namor

I wouldn’t want him to come off as a Loki knock-off. Going older, like Silvermoth did, could be interesting.

Richard E. Grant, channeling Withnail, perhaps?

Tommy Wisseau. One role that he could work in. They need to get him in the MCU.

Haha we all know tommy should be mcu Dracula. Spooky vampire yes.

Great suggestions so far everyone! Gee what a shame Vincent price isn’t still around. This would be fun for him

I was thinking that Nightmare and his whole scheme could benefit from some serious German expressionist cinema influences (thoughts brought about The Lighthouse’s trailer.)

Eva’s definitely mastered the crazed, wide-eyed look that harkens back to the likes of Conrad Veidt in Dr. Caligari or The Hands of Orlanc and, uninspired casting though it may be, I guess it’d be a nice change of pace to have her do the possessing this time around (though if I were suggesting her for a gender-swapped Marvel villain, it’d be Doom.)

Bit similar to Hela though (vampy and campy with a bit of seduction so straight guys don’t get bored).

What about Catherine keener? Or Laura dern?

Oh my gosh you know who would be amazing? Lily Tomlin!

How about Ed Norton? Feige can remember him from TIH and say "he was a nightmare to work with!" :o

My choices from what few comic book images I have seen of him

Viggo would be wasted as Nightmare, because he‘d make an awesome Victor Doom

viggo is too old for doom but would've been perfect in his day yeah

Viggo and Carlyle are both interesting choices. You know what might be fun? You know how in Peter Pan who ever plays the children’s dad also plays Hook? Imagine if whoever played strange’s parents also played Nightmare? That’s pretty creepy

How about Ed Norton? Feige can remember him from TIH and say "he was a nightmare to work with!" :o

Heh good callback.

Well I suppose anything is possible. I never thought Natalie Portman would come back

I think you mean Jason Isaacs as Nightmare? If I'm right then he would actually be a great Nightmare

Adam Driver

I’m kind of interesting in going back to the gender bent version of nightmare, it would be fun to find a Drusilla esque type actress for Nightmare

Andrew Scott, Bill Skarsgard or Keanu Reeves as Nightmare would work

I’m currently rereading Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series which is actually if anything even more amazing these days. Anyway, there’s some great bits at the start where you see just how devastating being the master of sleep can be. I hope we see stuff like that with Nightmare too

Eddie Redmayne could be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"