Sequels Moonstone casting thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I’m dying to see Moonstone in a sequel. Who do you think they should cast?

I actually reckon they don’t need a 100% comics accurate portrayal. In the comics all women look like supermodels but it would be fun to get someone more theatrical who could own the screen and give a properly menacing portrayal like felicity Huffman or Christine baranski

Ali Larter
Alice Eve
Sienna Miller
Alison Brie
Natalie Former

Those would be my picks

Emily Blunt as a villain I could go for that especially with her as Moonstone

Rebecca Ferguson if they go young.

Charlize Theron if they go older.

Megan Fox.

tumblr_pnvi07Odhu1xxo0zuo1_400.gif

I'm not even joking.

I said what I said. I think she could pull it off.

Moonstone should be more than a hot bod in a leotard. She's supposed to have a dark intellect and be a master manipulator due to her training as a doctor in the field of mental health. Her threat is not merely that she's got powers.

I'm sorry but no one buys Megan Fox in that kind of role. This is like casting Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist in that Bond movie. We get it... I like looking at sexually appealing females as much as the next guy. But we can find actresses of talent who are also attractive and no one if they are honest thinks Fox is particularly talented as a performer.

Then I would go with Rebecca Ferguson

Moonstone should be more than a hot bod in a leotard. She's supposed to have a dark intellect and be a master manipulator due to her training as a doctor in the field of mental health. Her threat is not merely that she's got powers.

I'm sorry but no one buys Megan Fox in that kind of role. This is like casting Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist in that Bond movie. We get it... I like looking at sexually appealing females as much as the next guy. But we can find actresses of talent who are also attractive and no one if they are honest thinks Fox is particularly talented as a performer.
But I'm not fancasting her because on her looks. I'm fancasting her because I genuinely believe she could play a pretty good Moonstone.

And honestly I don't think she's any worse an actor than the likes of Hemsworth or Gadot. She was fine in Jennifer's Body (that's the movie that made me think she could pull off Karla). She just needs the right material.

But hey, feel free to disagree. It's not like she will actually get the role anyway. :hehe:

I actually reckon they don’t need a 100% comics accurate portrayal. In the comics all women look like supermodels but it would be fun to get someone more theatrical who could own the screen and give a properly menacing portrayal like Felicity Huffman or Christine baranski

Never mind lol

And honestly I don't think she's any worse an actor than the likes of Hemsworth or Gadot.

Chris Hemsworth is considered the most talented actor in the MCU by the Russo brothers. It's an insult to compare him to Fox.
And Gadot while not a master thespian has screen presence and charisma to spare, unlike Fox who has nothing but her looks.

Rebecca Ferguson probably is the most comic accurate Moonstone there is

Chris Hemsworth is considered the most talented actor in the MCU by the Russo brothers. It's an insult to compare him to Fox.
And Gadot while not a master thespian has screen presence and charisma to spare, unlike Fox who has nothing but her looks.
Still hating on Megan Fox in the year of our Lord 2019? Come on, she really isn't that bad. Marvel and DC have worked with worse actors.

Now okay, perhaps she wouldn't be right for the role of Moonstone, but there are quite a few Marvel characters that she could play.

Engdame spoilers.

Sooooo...

Exactly how strong would Moonstone need to be to pose a threat to Captain Marvel? Stronger than Thanos?

I'm not sure Marvel thought this through.

That would be cool but would people mistake her character for the one in suicide squad?

That would be cool but would people mistake her character for the one in suicide squad?

I forgot she was in that...hmm, personally, I would have never remembered that, but I can see why that might be a problem.

That’s ok, I actually really love cara. She was a wonderful judge on rupaul’s drag race and I would love to see more of her acting career

Why would that be? Moonstone and Enchantress look nothing alike what so ever.

Did people mistake Evans as Johnny Storm when he played Capt. America?

In any case while I have nothing against Cara... She's wrong for Moonstone.

Now... I could see her playing like, Songbird if she did a decent Southern American accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"