Marvel’s First Family Casting Thread

The 1970s, Gazillion dollar Budgeted, Disaster film level, Fantastic Four film cast.

Bob-Larkin-FF-trade-cover.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Mr. Fantastic : Warren Beatty
f33a91e89a16668d65e557ed1ec47d1c.jpg

Invisible Woman : Faye Dunaway

Ryan-Oneal.jpg

Human Torch : Ryan O' Neil

s-l500.jpg

The Thing : James Caan

9167.jpg

Alicia Masters : Diane Keaton

dracula-1979-review-Frank-Langella-780x470.jpg

Doctor Doom : Frank Langella

5b-last-tango-paris-marlon-brando.jpg

Galactus : Marlon Brando

MV5BZmNhN2FhY2UtNzljNC00ZTA1LThhOWQtMDA0ZWIxZTYyNzk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Silver Surfer : Michael York

jack-palance.jpg

Super Skrull : Jack Palance

Ben-Gazzara.jpeg

The Mole Man : Ben Gazzara

yaphet-kotto-header.jpg

Kang The Conquerer : Yaphet Kotto

MV5BNWNlNWNlN2MtNzAyNi00ZWYyLWE2MjAtOTI2MWMxYWExMjMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Puppet Master : Burgess Meredith

Conquest-Planet-Apes-Montalban.png

Namor : Richardo Montalban

MV5BNTJlMjRkZDgtMDdkNy00YzhlLWJhMzgtMjc3ZWRkNjg4YzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Black Panther : Billy Dee Williams

Faye Dunaway is a great pick for Sue tbh

MAIN
Reed Richards: Adam Driver, 39
Susan Storm: Emma Stone, 34
Johnny Storm: Cameron Monaghan, 29
Benjamin Grimm: Channing Tatum, 42
Franklin Richards: Child actor, 5-8

PHOTO GALLERY
Reed Richards: Adam Driver, 39
01gryhfhtxav6atejep1.jpg

Susan Storm: Emma Stone, 34
GettyImages-1395073312_0.jpg

Johnny Storm: Cameron Monaghan, 29
GettyImages-1204352008.jpg

Benjamin Grimm: Channing Tatum, 42
channing-tatum_98_1.jpg_940173217.jpg

Franklin Richards: Child actor, 5-8
1968636-cowfranklin_640.png

Re: scoopers and supposed leaks from Reddit.

Mr. & Mrs. Fantastic

I would like to refer you all to this article:

EXCLUSIVE: Emily Blunt And John Krasinski In Talks With Marvel To Star In An MCU Fantastic Four Movie

The reason I bring up this article is because the article is dated November 2020. Doctor Strange 2 officially went into post production between September 2021-January 2022 to film the additional cameo scenes. Meaning the reports of Marvel bosses speaking with the Krasinskis back in November 2020 proved to be true (at least for John).

The Human Torch

The same outlet reported that not only the Krasinskis met with Feige but also Dacre Montgomery was in talks with Marvel as well for the role of Johnny. This was only a month later - December 2020: EXCLUSIVE: Dacre Montgomery In Talks To Play The Human Torch In The Fantastic Four Movie

Benjamin Grimm AKA The Thing

Thirdly, this was reported in August 2020:
According to our intel – which comes from the same sources that told us The Falcon and the Winter Soldierwould be delayed and that Percy Jackson is being rebooted as a streaming series, both of which were correct – Marvel want Rogen for the Fantastic Four’s Thing

Victor Von Doom

Lastly, this was reported in May 2022 by Giant Freakin Robot:

According to our trusted and proven sources, the latest actor to join up is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in an as-yet-unknown Marvel project.

This one is different than the previous three since it was not mentioned that Waldau met with or was in talks with Marvel. This last rumour seems to be the most shaky…

Conclusion

What I am getting at is, these scoopers are simply name dropping with zero evidence to back their claims (the vast majority are click bait and some even made up). Meanwhile, we have had reports (albeit older) that the aforementioned actors (except Rogen and Waldau) actually met with and or had talks with Marvel brass.

What really brings this home is that we actually have hard evidence that these older reports have more weight since one of them came true. In May 2022, the November 2020 reports became reality and confirmed as John Krasinski was officially cast as Reed in Doctor Strange 2.

SDCC 2023 (or whenever Marvel decides to reveal the cast) will prove whether what I postulate are simply empty ramblings or are proven patterns of evidence.

P.S. I know things can change in the course of 2-3 years, yet Marvel has become more tight lipped in recent years in order to prevent leaks and have purposefully leaked false information to leakers in order to protect the truth from being spoiled prematurely. Ergo, the never-ending revolving door of actor’s names being thrown out week after week and day after day.

Last edited:
Are Marvel Studios beholden to Daniel Richtman?

It seems as though all the “Fantastic Four” rumors and fan-castings will be put to rest next week as Daniel Richtman is reporting that Marvel will reveal the cast of their upcoming reboot.

i honestly doubt that just because he said so that Feige will kow tow to his rumours that he keeps behind a pay wall subscription no less

we shall find out by the end of this week lol

I’m sure there is some real information and a lot of BS out there. If someone’s up for a role, they and their agent want to subtly get that information out there (chances are they won’t get it, in which case it’s good to have their name out there for a few days so they can get some attention so people will think about them for other roles).

That’s probably the genesis for a lot of rumors.

There are probably also cases in which people simply think a certain actor makes sense, and rumors start swirling around them even if they’ve never talked to anyone.

So some rumors may be based on real things while others are based on nothing, and in either case they’re more likely to be wrong than right.

And I generally feel the phrase “Those who know aren’t talking and those who are talking don’t know” has a lot of truth in cases like this. So the “scoopers” who are most vocal are probably the ones who are most full of s***t.

And I generally feel the phrase “Those who know aren’t talking and those who are talking don’t know” has a lot of truth in cases like this. So the “scoopers” who are most vocal are probably the ones who are most full of s***t.

well said.

I doubt that we'd get a cast announcement this week, as they wouldn't want to take any attention away from GOTG 3.

I doubt that we'd get a cast announcement this week, as they wouldn't want to take any attention away from GOTG 3.

agreed. Plus SDCC is 79 days away and by that time there is a lull between GOTG3 and The Marvels (November 2023). Also a month after Secret Invasion.

Last edited:
I do think we could get an announcement prior to SDCC, particularly if Marvel doesn't have a panel there, which is very possible if there's multiple strikes on at that point.

I fail to see how the strikes will affect SDCC

I fail to see how the strikes will affect SDCC
For one thing, I doubt too many studios would want to have a panel while you have multiple groups picketing outside. It would be very awkward to announce actors who are on the picket lines for such huge roles. It's also highly unlikely that striking actors would even attend panels.
Now as for the strikes themselves, I am not an insider, so anything I write from here on is just guesswork. That said, it appears very likely that the Writers Guild, whose contract is up at midnight, are going to go on strike. How long the strike will last is anybody's guess, but if they're still on strike at the end of June, it seems likely that the Screen Actors Guild, whose contract is up then, will also go on strike.

For one thing, I doubt too many studios would want to have a panel while you have multiple groups picketing outside. It would be very awkward to announce actors who are on the picket lines for such huge roles. It's also highly unlikely that striking actors would even attend panels.
Now as for the strikes themselves, I am not an insider, so anything I write from here on is just guesswork. That said, it appears very likely that the Writers Guild, whose contract is up at midnight, are going to go on strike. How long the strike will last is anybody's guess, but if they're still on strike at the end of June, it seems likely that the Screen Actors Guild, whose contract is up then, will also go on strike.

Imo Part of their contract with Marvel is to promote the movie they are a part of- so that would be a breach of contract

Imo Part of their contract with Marvel is to promote the movie they are a part of- so that would be a breach of contract
The Screen Actors Guild contracts expire at the end of June. I don't know how that would effect Marvel contracts, but if they do go on strike, studios, including Disney, which owns Marvel, might want to avoid conventions which would be an open invitation for striking parties to picket.

Well they just went on strike officially lol

I swear, people constantly go "She is full of it" and then still run with any nonsense she posts.
Same with Grace.
People go on and on and on how she is just making up stuff, but then suddenly run with a rumor she comes up with.
Almost as if people are bored by lack of actual news on this stuff and just want something to fight over.

Actors won't be promoting Jack if they strike. Not until the strike ends

I have no idea how far apart they are, but they’ve got a couple months to work it out.

Though Disney may be reluctant to make plans.

… which could be good for us, because that could mean they just make the announcement now rather than waiting. Then if things are settled, they could still do a panel.

I’m trying something a little different.

I asked myself, “If I could have any actors from any era, who would I cast?”

I see this as different than the “What if they made an FF film in the 80’s?”, because I’m not playing “What if”, but rather thinking about what I’m looking for.

While this is the first time I’ve actually tried to come up with specific names, I find myself comparing proposed names to people like these, and if they don’t compare favorably, I tend to dismiss them. I hope our real cast can come close to this ideal:

IMG_0049.jpeg

Reed Richards - 35 year old Jon Hamm. Don Draper was close to how I imagine Reed - He’s the smartest one in the room and he knows it, and he doesn’t have a lot of patience for people who don’t get it. Reed should be a little softer and updated for 2023, but a young Hamm could play him.

IMG_0048.jpeg

Ben Grimm - 35 year old Liev Schrieber. It’s hard to find a Jewish guy with blue eyes, but even harder to find one who has an old-school tough-guy persona along with dry, self-effacing sense of humor, but I think Schrieber could pull it off.

IMG_0050.jpeg

Sue Storm - 25 year old Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly had a larger-than-life mystique that suits Sue. She would have the ability to pull off the seemingly impossible balance of characteristics Sue needs to have. Sue needs to give the impression she can do anything and never get rattled, and Grace Kelly seems perfect for that to me.

IMG_0051.jpeg

Johnny Storm - 18 Year old Ryan Reynolds. While the adults are caught up worrying about their problems, Johnny is just having fun, and I think a young Ryan Reynolds could pull that off perfectly.

IMG_0049.jpeg

I’m trying something a little different.

I asked myself, “If I could have any actors from any era, who would I cast?”

I see this as different than the “What if they made an FF film in the 80’s?”, because I’m not playing “What if”, but rather thinking about what I’m looking for.

While this is the first time I’ve actually tried to come up with specific names, I find myself comparing proposed names to people like these, and if they don’t compare favorably, I tend to dismiss them. I hope our real cast can come close to this ideal:

View attachment 66413

Reed Richards - 35 year old Jon Hamm. Don Draper was close to how I imagine Reed - He’s the smartest one in the room and he knows it, and he doesn’t have a lot of patience for people who don’t get it. Reed should be a little softer and updated for 2023, but a young Hamm could play him.

View attachment 66414

Ben Grimm - 35 year old Liev Schrieber. It’s hard to find a Jewish guy with blue eyes, but even harder to find one who has an old-school tough-guy persona along with dry, self-effacing sense of humor, but I think Schrieber could pull it off.

View attachment 66415

Sue Storm - 25 year old Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly had a larger-than-life mystique that suits Sue. She would have the ability to pull off the seemingly impossible balance of characteristics Sue needs to have. Sue needs to give the impression she can do anything and never get rattled, and Grace Kelly seems perfect for that to me.

View attachment 66416

Johnny Storm - 18 Year old Ryan Reynolds. While the adults are caught up worrying about their problems, Johnny is just having fun, and I think a young Ryan Reynolds could pull that off perfectly.

View attachment 66412

Those are all comic book accurate suggestions. To the spirit of the characters. Who would you choose as Doom?

I think parallel actors to who you chose are:

- Dr House Hugh Laurie as Reed Richards
48DB3FB6-7133-4F2E-AE5F-AEEA47B202A4.jpeg

- A young Reese Witherspoon so her daughter Ava Philippe
3F2136B0-AF03-4018-BE25-B0AC76A56957.png
- Liev Schreiber is still a good age for Ben
- Dylan O’Brien reminds me of a young RDJ and Ryan Reynolds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"