How would you introduce the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

I once suggested skipping the origin and having Reed Richards pre-established in a scene in another movie where they need to consult with him and he uses his powers to reach to grab something. However, since my idea is similar to what happened in Doctor Strange, I'm backing off.

Instead, I do think the origin should be addressed but not dwelt upon. I saw someone suggest putting it in the credits. My suggestion would be similar: put it in a pre-credits scene. Just have them launch, run into cosmic rays, land, and get powers all before the Marvel logo shows up. Then spend the rest of the movie doing a Fantastic Four movie.

Yeah this would be my approach as well. I'm repeating myself but the FF's origin is so straightforward when compared to say Spider-Man's or Iron Man's that making it a major focus of the film just seems excessive to me.

Personally since it is all but a formality that Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, Victor Von Doom, etc. are on their way home back to Marvel since they more or less have the rights back, it begs the question of how you would introduce the Fantastic Four into the MCU?

Here is how I would do it:

- Well in Spider-Man Homecoming, Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.) sold the Avengers Tower but we never knew just who bought Avengers Tower; so what if they could reveal that the Leland Baxter Paper Company purchased the Avengers Tower. The tower would, therefore, become the Baxter Building.

In the comics, the Baxter Building is in New York City and it’s where the Fantastic Four’s headquarters is located. The Leland Baxter Paper Company owns the building, but the Fantastic Four purchase the top five floors.
This would allow for an iconic landmark to stay in New York City, and it would retroactively make it appear that Marvel was setting up the Fantastic Four years in advance.

- Or another way being:

- Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm are all scientists of S.H.I.E.L.D. who went missing after being on a space mission for decades. However, they find their way back to Earth post-Avengers 4 and have already come into their powers. We could see this all in Avengers 4 like in a post-credit scene or something as a means of introducing them or seeing it in their own film like in the first act. You pretty much skip over their origin and differentiate from the 2005 and 2015 versions but make it better.
I’m way late to the party but I choose option #2. You wouldn’t want to put to much “marvel stuff” in a Sony movie!! Also why have them first appear on n a Sony movie??!! Marvel gets rights back and Sony gets a bump??!! Nah

I’m way late to the party but I choose option #2. You wouldn’t want to put to much “marvel stuff” in a Sony movie!! Also why have them first appear on n a Sony movie??!! Marvel gets rights back and Sony gets a bump??!! Nah

I mean, what's the problem? Far From Home practically set that up anyway with many speculating that new building could be either the Baxter Building or Oscorp. Admittedly, making it the F4 is about as big a nonsensical retroactive change as Tom Holland saying that kid from Iron Man 2 was Peter Parker all along, but if the seeds are there, more so when the next number would probably be a "4," what's the issue?

1*spS-sd1dyapCHS4XsqSuTQ.jpeg

No problem you have valid points I just voiced my opinion!! I was on board with your other suggestion!! Wasn’t trying to make it personal!! I guess the only problem I have is actually with Sony!! Want them to deal spidey rights back that’s all

FANTASTIC FOUR
dir. Matt Shakman
fantastic-four-direc-kevin-feige-1024x538.jpg

HARVEY ELDER was a famous scientist explorer who was ridiculed by his peers for his Hollow Earth theory until he one day decided to prove them all wrong…

Years later, REED RICHARDS studies the stillborn Celestial Tiamut in the Indian Ocean alongside his super-powered family SUSAN STORM, JOHNNY STORM, and BEN GRIMM. The celestial is radiating cosmic energy—the same energy from the rays that imbued with them with powers some time ago.

(The Fantastic Four are already living together in Baxter Building as a dysfunctional family. No retread of the origin, etc.)

During their expedition, the Fantastic Four journey inside the Tiamut to discover a wondrous paradise dimension inside, filled with monstrous new species ruled by a mutated, and very much still alive, Harvey Elder who now calls himself the MOLE MAN. It turns out he found the Hollow Earth he was searching for—it just happens to be inside of an infant Celestial deep towards the Earth’s core.

The family’s adventures are complicated by the appearance of IVAN KRAGOFF—a rival explorer whose compass is guided by profit rather than scientific discovery who will use any means necessary, including his Super Apes, to secure the treasures of the center of the Earth for his mysterious benefactor.

The Fantastic Four fight together in this strange new world to prevent a full-scale invasion against the rest of humanity!

FULL CAST

Dr. Reed Richards: William Jackson Harper, 42
Dr. Susan Storm-Richards: Mackenzie Davis, 35
Johnny Storm: Austin Butler, 31
Ben Grimm: Channing Tatum, 42

VILLAINS
Dr. Harvey Elder / Mole Man: Javier Bardem, 53
Ivan Kragoff / Red Ghost: Luke Evans, 43

SUPPORTING
H.E.R.B.I.E. (voice): Richard Ayoade, 45
Alicia Masters: America Ferrera, 38

POST CREDIT
Doctor Victor von Doom: Matthew Goode, 44

FULL CAST GALLERY
Dr. Reed Richards: William Jackson Harper, 42
LaBPAnDmBkwekhaqkb2tMS-1200-80.jpg

Dr. Susan Storm-Richards: Mackenzie Davis, 35
19MACKENZIE1-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

Johnny Storm: Austin Butler, 31
29AUSTIN-BUTLER8-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Ben Grimm: Channing Tatum, 42
l-intro-1637161531.jpg

VILLAINS
Dr. Harvey Elder / Mole Man: Javier Bardem, 53
i

Ivan Kragoff / Red Ghost: Luke Evans, 43
64206635-0-image-a-5_1667590208540.jpg

SUPPORTING
H.E.R.B.I.E. (voice): Richard Ayoade, 45
neighbourhoodwatch_richardayoade.jpg

Alicia Masters: America Ferrera, 38
america-ferrera-superstore-e1626886051648.jpeg

POST CREDIT
Doctor Victor von Doom: Matthew Goode, 44
A-Discovery-of-Witches-trailer-screenshot-Matthew-Goode-800x445.png

Last edited:
Matthew Goode is an interesting choice for Doom. Mackenzie Davis and Luke Evans are natural fits in the MCU.

I also think Homelander from The Boys would make an interesting Doom

actor-antony-starr-135172_large.jpg

249358_v9_bb.jpg

Reed is Penn Badgley , from the Netflix series called, You.
He's one of the many names whose been rumored to be up for Reed in the past months.

Jodie-Comer.jpg

Sue is Killing Eve actress Jodie Comer, who was rumored to be up for Sue a couple months back.

Jesse-Plemons.jpg

Ben is Friday Night Lights actor Jesse Plemons .
Another poster suggested him for Ben a few months back , and he's been my choice for Ben since I saw that suggestion.

In order to qualify for the role of Johnny you must have appeared on Stranger Things

I'm starting to think Bower could be a good choice :)

Shame on me for not having him as a candidate before.

Honestly I think they should've used something from the 4 in place of Riri in Wakanda Forever. Like establishing it wasn't one scientist it was stolen tech from the Baxter Building or something. Tell Namor they can't bring him a scientist because it's not just one that kind of stuff.

Sets up some tension between them and Namor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"