How can the Fantastic Four fit into the MCU?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If anything let's say for argument's sake for the sake of argument if The Fantastic Four's rights somehow reverted back to Disney/Marvel with Disney getting the rights to the Fantastic Four and the F4 fitting into the Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe, how do you see Reed, Johnny, Sue and Ben fitting in?

There's already a discussion about this in the Fantastic Four subforum

They went into space during the 1960's - traveling galaxies and even other dimensions through wormholes. They return in the 2010's seemingly un-aged.

They went into space during the 1960's - traveling galaxies and even other dimensions through wormholes. They return in the 2010's seemingly un-aged.

This is a great idea and would help bridge the gap with flashbacks. We could see a young Hank Pym and the early days of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Reed Richards is debating an offer to work for the government.

The idea I've had for ages is that you have n FF movie set in the 60's and they have their origin and have a big battle with some monsters and what not...

Victor Von Doom is an ally of SHIELD and the FF and works with a young Howard Stark and Ivan Vanko but in one of the battles, the FF and Victor Von Doom get lost in the Negative Zone. Victor is injured and goes a bit crazy and figures a way out but leaves the FF there because he is a dick. He emerges back into the 'real' world but it is years later and his injuries are much more serious in the 'real' world due to different atmospheric conditions or some other technobabble.

He seeks out Ivan Vanko who makes him a primitive arc reactor thing to stop his injuries killing him. Doom rises through the political ranks in Latveria as a sympathetic figure due to his disfigurements but ends up ruler, Palpatine style. He witness the rise of Iron Man and The Avengers so upgrades his suit and when the neighbouring Sokovia is destroyed decides to make his presence known and kick some Western ass.

Meanwhile, Hank Pym and Scott Lang have been faffing with different dimensions looking for Janet Van Dyne and happen across a trapped Fantastic Four and free them...

Yes, set it in the 60s as thanson described. I don't think they need to be brought into the modern world, keep their adventures historical like Agent Carter and Hank Pym. This "Retro-Marvel" could be a whole spinoff franchise.

We've already discussed this quite a bit in the FF section. I'm a little mixed on the idea of a retro-take. I like the idea of them being ultra modern and involved in the current world without any gimmicks.

But I also like the idea of several films set in the '60s with Jack Kirby panels used as production art. His designs could be a sort of 1960's 'steam-punk' and we could have Reed with his suit and hat etc. ( I guess the pipe probably couldn't make it these days ).

But I'm not real picky and I'm willing to consider anything that feels like the Fantastic Four. Any angle they take will have to be better than what we've gotten so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"