Could the Fantastic Four realistically even fit into the Disney MCU

They'd fit very well into Phase 4. Someone here earlier described a scenario in which it would work, and with the fallout of Infinity war how humans might want someone to be able to traverse the cosmos in ways we have not before and that is when Reed Richards really steps into the forefront.

Not really.

At this point, the FF would be redundant, and someone of Reed's caliber not being mentioned by anyone at any time would be silly. That's pretty much what the FF is used for in comics, for Reed's awesomeness to be namechecked/consulted off panel/etc. Someone suggested it'd work if he were younger/less attention worthy than Tony Stark, which is actually much closer to the Trank/Ultimate version than 616. I think the MCU could easily fit the FF, but I don't see what the FF bring to the MCU besides that feeling of completion.

A family of adventurers would be a unique addition to the MCU and would be a wonderful fit alongside the Avengers, Guardians and the upcoming Defenders, Inhumans and Secret Warriors. And there's an easy explanation for why the FF hasn't been name checked in the films or TV.

The FF was formed back in the 1960s, and their existence and adventures were kept secret by SHIELD. Sometime thereafter they went off on a mission to investigate a mysterious object in space, accompanied by stowaways Franklin and Valeria. They were never heard from again.

Until now. In the aftermath of the Infinity War Marvel's First Family has found their way home.

Realistically could the Fantastic Four realistically even fit into the Disney MCU? I mean could the Fantastic Four mesh with The Avengers in a realistic setting since you have The Avengers all of them Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, now Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Maria Hill, Nick Fury and Falcon could the Fantastic Four fit into the mold?

Fantastic Four no doubt would be tracked by SHIELD with SHIELD or Fury keeping tabs on all of them and their escapades

And Dr. Doom would make a great villain for all The Avengers to take on

Totally disagree. The FF is all about science discovery and exploration. SHIELD would be worried about Doom for sure, and Galactus, but SHIELD wouldn't be concerned about them because they know who they are. SHIELD is concerned about unregistered, or undocumented gifteds.

Of course the FF could work. Saying "Nope, the door is shut forever on these characters" is close-minded. I think Phase 4 would be a poetic, and appropriate, time for them to step in.
Hopefully Fox will be finished nosediving the property into the ground by that point.

Not really.

At this point, the FF would be redundant, and someone of Reed's caliber not being mentioned by anyone at any time would be silly. That's pretty much what the FF is used for in comics, for Reed's awesomeness to be namechecked/consulted off panel/etc. Someone suggested it'd work if he were younger/less attention worthy than Tony Stark, which is actually much closer to the Trank/Ultimate version than 616. I think the MCU could easily fit the FF, but I don't see what the FF bring to the MCU besides that feeling of completion.

Oh, and their villains. A lot of people want to use the FF universe and just have the FF around off screen somewhere.

Well, aren't the FF explorers ? They can be the missing link between the Guardians of the Galaxy (who never went on earth, except for Starlord) and the avengers in their common fight against Thanos.

The Thing / Hulk childish rivalry can be a fun scene in theater.

They can introduce the newly returned Namor. Of course, Marvel can do a trial of Namor with Daredevil to introduce him, but wouldn't it be better to have Namor meet some explorers (and fall in love with Sue)

And that's just for the 4 main characters, because it's pretty easy to understand what Doctor Doom (who doesn't want to see a confrontation between the real Doom and Iron man on screen), Galactus and the Silver Sulfer can bring to the MCU.

And think of the big new worlds that the FF Franchise may add to the MCU. The Negative Zone, the cosmic part of the FF franchise, Subterranea. So many possibilities may be unlock for both the Fantastic Four and the MCU to expand in so many directions...

After the probable disaster of the summer, it will be hard for Fox to do it again, the franchise will be badly damaged. It will need rejuvenation. And only the MCU can do it, because I don't think another simple solo movie can be done after that (But I'm sure that the characters and the franchise can be saved, it's just that it will be difficult).

Not really.

At this point, the FF would be redundant, and someone of Reed's caliber not being mentioned by anyone at any time would be silly.

This seems to be the growing argument that Fox-Marvel fans us as an excuse for the current rights not reverting. Yet in the same light a Fox-men/Fake4 crossover would be brilliant no matter the explanation for it.

SMH...... Perfect way to stop an ever expanding Cinematic Universe from..... you know actually expanding because one geniuses name wasn't stated in universe that hasn't even explored the tip of the iceberg yet.

Good job Fox fans.... I wonder if this same logic goes for Mr Sinister being that Fox-men's been out even longer with no mention of him :whatever:

Totally disagree. The FF is all about science discovery and exploration. SHIELD would be worried about Doom for sure, and Galactus, but SHIELD wouldn't be concerned about them because they know who they are. SHIELD is concerned about unregistered, or undocumented gifteds.

Yeah, I think SHIELD would have a better relationship with FF than they would with Stark. Ironically Sue Storm is actually a part of SHIELD in the comics LOL!

Any creative writer can make the FF fit into the MCU.

Will we ever see it? Nope. LOL Because even if the NuFF completely bombs (which I don't think it will), Fox ain't letting go the rights.

Will we ever see it? Nope. LOL Because even if the NuFF completely bombs (which I don't think it will), Fox ain't letting go the rights.

Nor am I letting go of my money so hopefully it becomes an even exchange. :woot:

I am sure that Marvel already has contingency plans in place should they ever get the rights back. Don't even think they haven't been thinking about it already when the rights revert. And they will revert at some point soon I have no doubt about that. Phase 4 or maybe even 5 when this dull depressing looking film comes out and makes chump change for FOX they won't be making sequels or rebooting anymore. They would be foolish to do so.

As someone wrote some amount of posts ago, I think they would fit in perfectly and an easy and interesting way to explain their lack of presence in the MCU would be to have them form as a team in the 60's and get stuck in an alternate dimension or far off universe, and then due to some plot device they find themselves in present day MCU. An interesting way to show Reeds intellectual superiority would be to have him almost instantly teaching himself how to use and develop new tech, despite the fact he is a man out of time.

I agree the chances are slim, but Fox did let go of Daredevil. So the film would have to preform so poorly that they don't want to bother making another one. Because they have to have an FF film in production after so many years or else they forfeit the rights. But the chances of them loosing that much money is slim. Maybe someone should get the word out across the globe to boycott the film so there's a better chance of Marvel getting the rights back.

As someone wrote some amount of posts ago, I think they would fit in perfectly and an easy and interesting way to explain their lack of presence in the MCU would be to have them form as a team in the 60's and get stuck in an alternate dimension or far off universe, and then due to some plot device they find themselves in present day MCU. An interesting way to show Reeds intellectual superiority would be to have him almost instantly teaching himself how to use and develop new tech, despite the fact he is a man out of time.
While I have no problem with him showing up saying "Hey I've always existed here, prove that I haven't." This is a really interesting idea that would serve the story as a reintroduction, without another origin story.

I really want FF back just because Doom is such a great villain, that unfortunately sounds like he's gonna be lame again in the new movie.

So FOX is going to glom onto the FF rights (with which they have proven to be clueless) with one hand while pleading for Marvel's approval of an X-Men TV show with the other?

The only "problem" with the FF popping up in the MCU would be the fact no one's mentioned Reed Richards despite the fact someone of his caliber would have most definitely been brought up already. Reed is essentially Marvel's Stephen Hawking, and the latter's been namedropped already.

It wouldn't exactly be a plot hole, but it would make it a bit awkward.

As of now Eric Selvig is filling the role of Reed Richards in the MCU. And could probably make an argument for Stark, Banner and old Hank Pym being the geniuses in the MCU. But Selvig seems to study particular fields that Reed would have covered.

The only "problem" with the FF popping up in the MCU would be the fact no one's mentioned Reed Richards despite the fact someone of his caliber would have most definitely been brought up already. Reed is essentially Marvel's Stephen Hawking, and the latter's been namedropped already.

A little awkward perhaps, but a very minor issue at best.

So FOX is going to glom onto the FF rights (with which they have proven to be clueless) with one hand while pleading for Marvel's approval of an X-Men TV show with the other?

There are other issues beyond X-Men TV show that Marvel/Fox can come to agreement with. For example, Fox was to let go of the their merchandising cut for X-Men? Or if they offered a higher profit percentage of the show AND streaming? This is a business. If there is money exchanging, Fox and Marvel can come to any sort of agreement.

Right now? I don't see any agreement happening with them.

There are other issues beyond X-Men TV show that Marvel/Fox can come to agreement with. For example, Fox was to let go of the their merchandising cut for X-Men? Or if they offered a higher profit percentage of the show AND streaming? This is a business. If there is money exchanging, Fox and Marvel can come to any sort of agreement.

Marvel set the price for a rights deal back in 2012 when they asked for The Surfer and Galactus in exchange for an extension of the DD film rights. Marvel wouldnt settle for FOX's scraps and they didn't ask for cash. They want their characters back.

There is absolutely no reason for Marvel to allow a competitor to put a Marvel show on the air in a highly competitive market. And why would they settle for a profit percentage from FOX when they can put another show into production and keep the whole damn thing for themselves? If FOx won't play ball, you're correct. The TV show is dead.

Galactus would be the perfect step up from Thanos after the Infinity War storyline ends. Anyone else would sort of feel like a step backwards to me, but I'm not super well versed in Marvel's villains aside from the big names.

As for the heroes themselves, I don't see why they wouldn't fit. The range of characters that already exist are quite diverse as it is. People with actual metahuman powers are not outside the realm of possibility in this universe as we've seen with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. In fact, I think more superpowered humans would be welcomed by audiences since most of the ones we have so far aren't technically human or don't technically have "powers" as they're classically known.

Just have the Four immigrate to the MCU universe using Reeds inter-dimensional travelling device. Problem solved

So FOX is going to glom onto the FF rights

No, they're going to keep the rights that they paid for fair and square, not stole as you so un-informedly declare.

Last edited:
Just have the Four immigrate to the MCU universe using Reeds inter-dimensional travelling device. Problem solved

No, they're going to keep the rights that they paid for fair and square, not stole as you so un-informedly declare.

Glom means stuck to, not stole. Apparently you are the one who "uninformedly" declared.

So you are of a mind that Marvel is going to put tens of millions of dollars in FOX's pockets by approving an X-Men TV show all while allowing them to play keep away with the FF rights? We'll see how that works out.

Yep. It is not Fox's fault that Marvel agreed to the deal in the 90s. That is on Marvel, not Fox. Fox is not at fault here to Marvel not having the rights. Fox's responsibility is making good movies and increasing their own profits. Not Marvel's.

Glom means stuck to, not stole. Apparently you are the one who "uninformedly" declared.

So you are of a mind that Marvel is going to put tens of millions of dollars in FOX's pockets by approving an X-Men TV show all while allowing them to play keep away with the FF rights? We'll see how that works out.

None of us are in the board room with Fox and Marvel. It is speculation that the TV Show relies on the FF rights, NOT a fact. We don't know what agreement Fox and Marvel can come to for Marvel to allow Fox to create the X-Men television show.

The current roster in the film that Simon Kinber...errrr....Josh Trank directed will never be apart of the MCU. It will be a 100% reboot if it happens.

You are right that they didn't steal them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't acting like a bunch of *****e-nozzles in low balling a franchise that deserves better. The only people who suffer there are the fans.

Fox has mostly done a good job with x-men minus X3 and XMO Woverine, but they have done horrible with their other Marvel properties.

The merchandising rights for the X-men films mean nothing to Marvel. Marvel owns 100% of merchandising rights for comic versions of the X-men characters, they just have to split on anything made based on the films.

Marvel makes more money off the Lego Marvel X-men tie-ins (which they have to split with Lego who is owned by Time/Warner), than they would any X-men movie merchandise.

Wolverine is really the only character that's worth anything anyway merchandising wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"