How would the following heroes fit into the Disney MCU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as heroes in the Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe I wonder how the following heroes would fit into the next phases such as:

Fantastic Four (if Marvel/Disney somehow get the rights back)
Namor The Sub Mariner
Moon Knight
Blade The Daywalker
Ghost Rider

Not well-versed in Moon Knight, but from what little I know he doesn't seem too hard.
Dr.Strange introduced magic and other beings, so his connection with Khonshu could be possible. But the key is to play up whether it's real or he's crazy. Legion did this really well.
It would likely be a show, so it wouldn't impact much.

Blade: Honestly, I've never been a fan of Vampires in the MU. The key here is to make sure they are incredibly hidden from society, completely underground. Make it a show and let Blade do his thing.

Ghost Rider: He's on Agents of SHIELD, if the wanted to spin him off then they could.

The trickier ones:

Namor: A little trickier because there was no mention of him during Captain America. I would do something that'll make fans upset and instead of setting him up in the World Wars, I would use him in the Vietnam War. Make changes to accommodate the change, keep him a military secret to avoid people knowing of supers too early. Then follow the story of him disappearing until being found by the FF or somebody (maybe Black Panther).

FF: If you want them to be the "first family" then do the 60's thing with their first movie ending with them being flung to the future. If not then introduce them first in other MCU films (preferably Avenger ones for maximum audience). Skip/skim through the origin and get to the good stuff.

Namor probably won't end up with his own solo so he will most likely end up in a Fantastic Four franchise

I think Blade and Ghost Rider should be done as Netflix series. Introduce Man-Thing in one of them and lead to a Midnight Sons show with a guest appearance from Cumberbatch.

F4, get the damn rights back at all costs. The 4, along with Galactus, Doom and Namor will breathe new life into the MCU 5 or so years from now.

FF - Phase 4 MCU Reboot

Namor - Same. I think Lee and Kirby introduced the character perfectly back in the day as an amnesiac homeless dude who comes to find that his once glorious kingdom has been destroyed.

Moon Knight - Netflix series

Ghost Rider - Appearing along with Wanda and the next guy in the sequel Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons

Blade - Same

All should head to the big screen, as Netflix's productions look so cheap / low budgeted compare to the MCU films and prestige TV shows. Plus increases the chance of crossing over to the other bigger heroes.

I would love to see a big-screen Moon Knight movie. The only difficulty I see is GAs screaming "Batman rip-off!" I'm a DC guy and I love Moon Knight - but I don't know if there would be enough support for the character outside of pre-existing fans.

I would love to see all characters get big screen adaptations and with mainstream big screen adaptations you basically add even more excitement to the MCU

Fantastic Four
They would fit like the Gaurdians currently do. They are their own team, have their own movies, don't need different movies for each character because they are%2

Fantastic Four
They would fit like the Gaurdians currently do. They are their own team, have their own movies, don't need different movies for each character because they are%2

The rest of your post seems to have disappeared :huh:

Fantastic Four - In the 1960's Reed Richard and co, who the public dubs the Fantastic Four, goes on the first private space venture to test a light speed engine. They have not been heard from again, until now. Movie is about them being stranded, encountering the skrulls and making their way home (and setting up and Avengers: Secret Invasion?)

Namor The Sub Mariner - Pass, never found him interesting and with Aquaman beating him to the big screen, I'm not sure what to do with him.

Moon Knight - Definitely go with netflix style street level crime show.

Blade The Daywalker - 200 years ago Vampires were all but wiped out. A few pop up here and there and have been managed by an handful of hunters like Blade. but it turns out someone has spent the last decade or so secretly building an army...

Ghost Riders - Supernatural. Basically that, I want show that's a road trip across America fighting demons. I'd like the story to follow Reyes, Blaze, and maybe Ketch separately as we delve deeper in to ghost rider lore. Eventually see them teaming up and crossing paths.

Last edited:
Fantastic Four with them in the 60s by them going on the first private space venture to test a light speed engine you play into actual real life history because the Apollo missions of the first man to walk the moon and you could play up the whole NASA thing...but with them disappearing then Doom would also disappear with them too since he would be on the same expedition

Fast forward 50 something years later into the future through time travel yes the time space continuum aspect similar to X-Men would play into factor here but instead of going back in time you are going forward in time

But as for The Skrulls I thought Universal or something had the rights to them or does FOX have the rights?

As for Namor he works best in a Fantastic Four film

Moon Knight he could work on Netflix but then again he could work within Phase 4 or 5 of the MCU as a big screen adaptation

Blade definitely deserves another big screen adaptation

And as for Ghost Rider he definitely deserves his own big screen adaptation again

And as for Ghost Rider he definitely deserves his own big screen adaptation again

Y'know, I don't find that first Ghost Rider film too bad. It's not great, there are faults, but I don't find it anywhere near as God-awful as the second one.

The rest of your post seems to have disappeared :huh:

Fantastic Four
They would fit like the Gaurdians currently do. They are their own team, have their own movies, don't need different movies for each character because they are a tight knight team.

Namor:
He would probably fit in the same way Black Panther has. He will join the team when it directly benifits his Nation or himself, but otherwise he works alone.

Moon Knight and Blade:
They would probably fit best in a Netflix series. (Each having their own) They would fit similar to the Punisher. Neither of them are big team players, but in times of need they might show up for a couple episodes of another heroes show. They could fit in TV in a similar way as Ghost Rider has fit in AOS... if Ghost Rider fit well in AOS at all...

Ghost Rider:
He needs his own show, probably netflix, just as MK and Blade do. He isn't part of the shield team and his personality doesn't fit well with them. He was very unfitting. Perhaps these characters could get a TV show rather than a Netflix Series, but TV shows tend to have less quality and more filler. I know for sure that wouldn't work for Moon Knight. For MK and Blade at least, it seems that a movie wouldn't be enough for them, and couldn't hold enough to get into their characters enough. Of course, as a Marvel movie, they could probably do pretty well with them. Plus they are all more street level work alone characters.

Namor: I'd introduce him as the world's first Inhuman who lost his memory in a battle against Thanos long ago.

Moon Knight: I'd introduce him in Daredevil's universe, Have him in a mental institute and start from there.

Blade: I'd introduce Blade by having him hunt Ghost Rider.

Fantastic 4: I'm not a fan of the 4 but I've always felt the only way for them to actually work is by making this into a tv show. The movies clearly show that they don't work on the big screen even though I really liked the last one.

4 astronauts use alien tech to start exploring space. Get pulled into another dimensioning where they all develop powers. Have to fight Annihilus. At the end of the movie, they make it back to Earth only for Silver Surfer to arrive at the end warning them of Galactus.

Fantastic Four would basically be like a Guardians 2.0 in a sense so seeing them going to other planets other realms is exactly like what The Guardians do so and they just add to the cosmic part of the MCU so

If you go with time travel could you perhaps follow Days of Future Past and actually shift the FF into our future? that could potentially provide a very different perspective for a whole range of characters.

The FF do seem to be the characters Marvel would have the biggest image problem for given the series of not well received films so that could potentially provide something interesting to draw viewers in and really tie them closely to the whole MCU.

Blade and Ghost Rider should appear in future Dr. Strange movies to set up the Marvel supernatural universe.

For Namor, I'd just have him (and Atlantis) be something we haven't seen yet. Blorp. Splash. There they are! It could be that simply, or they could have a shout-out where he meets Captain America and Cap says, 'Hey, I remember you!' and then we never get any follow up on it (suggesting that they met during WW2, in one of the years worth of adventures we didn't see in the First Avenger, but leaving it open for later use, or later ignoring).

For the FF, I'd have them return from the Negative Zone, having been trapped there for five years or so, to come back to a world in which the events of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Avengers movies have occurred in their absence, and it's a whole new world, for them. When they left, they were just people, sucked into this portal that Reed made, and not super-heroes or 'adventurers' or anything. Now they've got powers, and are in a world where powers (and mythological gods and super-science armor, etc.) are a thing. While they were thought dead, an old rival of Reed's, who is also royalty in one of those European countries smaller than Rhode Island that most Americans don't even know exist, stole a bunch of his ideas and got mad rich off of them (and may have had something to do with sabotaging Reed's transporter machine trapping them in the negative zone for five years...), and now there's bad blood between this von Doom character and Reed.

Ghost Rider's backstory is already there, thanks to Agents of SHIELD, and Moon Knight requires zero fiddling to work into the story.

Blade would only require the introduction of vampires, which seems easy enough. The Marvel Universe 'origin' for vampires ties into the Darkhold anyway, so it could be as simple as that, combined with the vampires being generally rare and / or subtle, keeping to the shadows and not doing stuff that would get them onto SHIELD's radar (and perhaps even having had some Hydra help in concealing any 'breaches' that crept up over the decades, back in the day, due to WW2 era ties between Hydra and Baron Blood?).

Plus I would love to see Marvel's take on Atlantis

Fantastic Four - 4 film series, focus on Time Travel, with Space Travel and alternate universes in there
Namor The Sub Mariner - Antagonist for BP2
Moon Knight - Wildcard Anti-hero for Jessica Jones Season 2
Blade The Daywalker - with Ghost Rider in Midnight Sons Netflix
Ghost Rider - with Blade for Midnight Sons Netflix

What do you guys think about these second-tier Avengers in the MCU:
Moondragon
Wonder Man
Spectrum
Sentry

Namor The Sub-Mariner in a Black Panther film that would be something but then you have the worlds of Wakanda and Atlantis colliding more or less

What do you guys think about these second-tier Avengers in the MCU:
Moondragon
Wonder Man
Spectrum
Sentry

Moondragon would be great to introduce in Infinity War as another of Thanos' 'daughters.' Thanos had the Mind Stone, until he loaned it to Loki, and it can explicitly create superhumans (like Wanda and Pietro), so it would be entirely on-theme for a psychically-potent Moondragon to serve as one of his daughters, at first, until, like Gamora and Nebula before her, she turns on him. If she's the supposedly-dead daughter of Drax, so much the better. (What, Drax has a daughter supposedly killed by a dude that we increasingly are finding takes little girls from his slaughters and raises them as his own 'daughters?' How convenient, from a storytelling perspective!)

Wonder Man would be potentially interesting, as well, although I'm not sure what he'd add, at this point. Without his relationship with the Vision, Scarlet Witch and / or Beast, he's missing a lot, IMO. (Although a variation in which he's the fragmentary surviving consciousness of the Vision, after the Mind Stone is plucked away from him, manifesting in a new organic body, after the destruction of his original vibranium-infused body, could be an interesting way of utterly reversing the comic book origins of the two characters.)

Spectrum/Monica Rambeau would be fascinating and I'd love to see her, although I have no specific idea how she'd be introduced. Vaporized by the Power Stone and then reforming as a creature of energy seems a little too pat, and, IMO, the Infinity Stones are getting enough of a workout already.

Sentry, meh. The MCU needs a Superman-clone about as much as the DCU needs a Spider-Man clone.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few others lesser-used Avengers. Black Knight, for instance, might make a neat Netflix hero.

Well Marvel definitely needs to get the rights back to the Fantastic Four for Phase 4 of the Universe well post IW

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"