Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher and or Ghost Rider or since they bought the rights back to these franchises I wonder just if these movie franchises will be rebooted under the Disney banner? If so then I wonder just how a Disney reboot of The Punisher would work? Or how a Disney reboot of The Daywalker Blade would work? Or how a Disney reboot of Ghost Rider would work?

Punisher will probably go to Netflix with the rest of the street level heroes.

Some people, me included, want to see a Doctor Strange that includes the Midnight Sons (Blade, Ghost Rider, and others) that's the only way I see GR and Blade reintroduced. Blade maybe will be put on Netflix

Blade, Punisher and or Ghost Rider they would be able to fit perfectly into the Marvel cinematic universe alongside heroes like Cap, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, etc. and since Marvel is working on trying to get the rights to Spider-Man if they were to have the rights to Blade, Punisher and or Ghost Rider you could have Easter eggs for these 3 characters in future Marvel movies to sort of reintroduce them

Are you talking about films or tv series

Either way but preferably I would go with films to reintroduce these characters rather than Netflix because even though Netflix is great it is nothing like the big screen and for Blade, Punisher and Ghost Rider these characters are too important to be left out of the big screen so why not reboot them under the big screen? With proper casting these reboots would be perfect just think about it

Micro got a mention in AoS so maybe Frank Castle will pop up there?

I'd prefer movie but that wouldnt happen

As for Ghost Rider he is too big for Netflix so I could see Johnny Blaze having his own franchise again

I couldnt see him having his own franchise. I dont see Disney putting him out there. I dont see Marvel putting them in their limited space/dates.

Punisher under the Disney banner, Frank Castle having his own franchise again, Punisher under Disney would thrive especially if he is in a Marvel universe with the likes of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc. imagine Punisher under S.H.I.E.L.D and or Punisher crossing paths with Nick Fury

Or hell to see Johnny Blaze mix it up with other heroes such as Tony Stark or even Steve Rogers I think he would more or less be able to hold his own or to see The Daywalker mix it up with other heroes too

As for Ghost Rider he is too big for Netflix so I could see Johnny Blaze having his own franchise again

I think after two failed movies, GR would be better on Netflix or part of an ensemble in a Midnight Son movie.

Problem is The Punisher movies have not been very successful. I have yet to see War Zone but I really did like Thomas Jane's Punisher. Plus, these are R-Rated movies and I think Watchmen scared some people out of R-Rated comic book movies. How Blade did well is mysterious to me though, since they are R-Rated. I suppose because Blade wasn't marketed as much as a comic book film. Most film buffs sorta categorize them in the horror section.

Still, I would love to see Punisher & Ghost Rider reboot. A Punisher show could work too though. I'm not a huge fan of Blade though, but would love to see what MARVEL does with him.

Yes I too loved Tom Jane's Punisher and if anything they should have kept him as Punisher but if they reboot The Punisher then either Tom Jane should play him again in a big screen reboot or hell Karl Urban or Jon Hamm would be a great choice for Frank Castle

Problem is The Punisher movies have not been very successful. I have yet to see War Zone but I really did like Thomas Jane's Punisher. Plus, these are R-Rated movies and I think Watchmen scared some people out of R-Rated comic book movies. How Blade did well is mysterious to me though, since they are R-Rated. I suppose because Blade wasn't marketed as much as a comic book film. Most film buffs sorta categorize them in the horror section.

Still, I would love to see Punisher & Ghost Rider reboot. A Punisher show could work too though. I'm not a huge fan of Blade though, but would love to see what MARVEL does with him.

Yes but that was when those movies were not under the Marvel Comics banner but Marvel has the rights back so why not reboot them

Punisher can easily show up in a spiderman film if a deal was to be struck. He can also show up in a thunderbolts movie of tv show down the line

Punisher can easily show up in a spiderman film if a deal was to be struck. He can also show up in a thunderbolts movie of tv show down the line

Imagine Frank Castle crossing paths with Peter Parker and or having Spider-Man and The Punisher having to team up after first fighting each other earlier in the Spider-Man film only to have them team up near the end would be even better

Imagine Frank Castle crossing paths with Peter Parker and or having Spider-Man and The Punisher having to team up after first fighting each other earlier in the Spider-Man film only to have them team up near the end would be even better

Oh yea! I'm thinking that since it's rumored that marvel's working on a script for spidey featuring mysterio, who made his debut framing spiderman for a crime, maybe mysterio frames spiderman for murder, and so frank castle hunts him down.

Yes I too loved Tom Jane's Punisher and if anything they should have kept him as Punisher but if they reboot The Punisher then either Tom Jane should play him again in a big screen reboot or hell Karl Urban or Jon Hamm would be a great choice for Frank Castle

Love that idea

Yes but that was when those movies were not under the Marvel Comics banner but Marvel has the rights back so why not reboot them

No, I am in support of a reboot.

Oh yea! I'm thinking that since it's rumored that marvel's working on a script for spidey featuring mysterio, who made his debut framing spiderman for a crime, maybe mysterio frames spiderman for murder, and so frank castle hunts him down.

That would be awesome, hey maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. could hire Castle to track down Spider-Man and of course Spider-Man would not only be a fugitive from the police but Spider-Man would be a fugitive of S.H.I.E.L.D. much like how Cap was in Winter Soldier

I knew you would love my idea of Karl Urban and or Jon Hamm as Frank Castle and yes I too am in support of a reboot like you are

A reboot for all these characters is a great idea. I just dont see Marvel making a movie out of any of them.

THey have limited spots. What are they doing 2-3 films a year? They want Spider-Man, they have sequels to their 8+ solo franchises from their heroes from phase 1-3, then you have new heroes to introduce like Nova. Where would Ghost Rider or Punisher solo films fit in that cinematic scope? Introduce Blade and GR in Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons

Or Just put them on Netflix. GR would be harder to do, but look at The Punisher. Even better than him teaming up/appearing in Spider-Man. Have him appear in the Daredevil show first. And Blade would fit on Netflix style tv fine.

That would be awesome, hey maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. could hire Castle to track down Spider-Man and of course Spider-Man would not only be a fugitive from the police but Spider-Man would be a fugitive of S.H.I.E.L.D. much like how Cap was in Winter Soldier

They actually recently dropped a punisher Easter egg on agents of shield, they mentioned Castle's buddy Microchip.

They actually recently dropped a punisher Easter egg on agents of shield, they mentioned Castle's buddy Microchip.

Yes Punisher showing up in Agents of Shield would be perfect but nevertheless Punisher him showing up in future Marvel movies even would be even better too

Kevin Feige mentioned in the past that they aren't likely to do films about them:

Whenever a character comes back to us, it's usually because the other studios don't want to make the movies anymore - and that usually means the [previous] movies may not have been particularly well-received. They all have potential, but we're not going to say 'We got it back - make it.'

I could potentially see something like a Blade or Ghost Rider cameo in Doctor Strange but it's more likely these characters are looking at Netflix or AOS guest spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"