If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

Personally I don't mind Wesley Snipes reprising his role as Blade, but unfortunately I doubt Feige would let him become Blade for the fourth time.

Apparently he's incredibly difficult to work with, on the set of Blade Trinity he insisted everyone referred to him as Blade, was incredibly pissed he had to share the spotlight with Biel and Reynolds, and refuse to speak to the direct instead communicating by posted note. So yeah, might be best to not cast him.

Trevante Rhodes from Moonlight.

Only 27. 6 feet tall. Has the right build.

He's next in 12 Strong and Predators.

I'd go with him. Elba or Jamie Foxx might be too old and probably wouldn't want to be tied down to a franchise.

Oh yes I love Trevante. He would be amazing.

I was kind of hoping for an older blade who becomes like a watcher to his younger woman equiviliant like that comic series that was pitched a while ago but Trevante as a new blade would be pretty amazing

e84d1ba821d0778f_Power_Season_4_premieres_on_STARZ_PLAY_on_June_26th_-_Image_3.jpg

I hate this show but it showed me why Ghost should be the next Blade.

Replacing Snipes with someone that can exude that same type of calm/cool/badass vibe is damn near impossible. Probably gonna have to go for an unknown.

Apparently he's incredibly difficult to work with, on the set of Blade Trinity he insisted everyone referred to him as Blade, was incredibly pissed he had to share the spotlight with Biel and Reynolds, and refuse to speak to the direct instead communicating by posted note. So yeah, might be best to not cast him.

And rightly so. I went to see Blade and had to endure characters I didn't give a **** about.

Bring Snipes and have him deal with the fact he is getting older whilst the vampires are immortal. Failing that get Michael J White as he has the fighting chops.

e84d1ba821d0778f_Power_Season_4_premieres_on_STARZ_PLAY_on_June_26th_-_Image_3.jpg

I hate this show but it showed me why Ghost should be the next Blade.

Good actor but maybe a bit too short I would think. He might be good for a Netflix series on Blade. If we are going for film, I pick Rhodes.

And rightly so. I went to see Blade and had to endure characters I didn't give a **** about.
I concur. It was nice to see him working with an ensemble, but it was his film franchise. It seemed like the producers wanted to somehow increase the marketability to teens which was ridiculous.

Yeah I would love that. Blade 1 should be him and his supporting and then blade 2 with the midnight suns. Great way to get some great characters in there

Why isn't John Boyega the only choice?

Because blade should look intimidating, cool and able to kick arse. Boyega doesn't do it for me.

Would love him to be British though and it set in Europe.

Last edited:
Maybe if you have only seen him in Star Wars. In attack the block you can see how versatile he is

Maybe if you have only seen him in Star Wars. In attack the block ycan see how versatile he is

Seen attack the block and he played a hoodie very well. He's an actor and possibly could do blade justice but I haven't seen it from him yet.

My opinion only.

If they do remake blade do not make vampires to be idiot cannon fodder. Make them intelligent, sexy and scary.
Really don't want a buffy remake.

And rare. Thousands of vampires living in a city is ott.

I’d choose either Jaime Hector or Mahershala Ali, if he wasn’t already Cottonmouth.

Well, he was Cottonmouth...

So maybe it could still happen.

Watched Blade again tonight. It was great watching it as a kid but now you can see it was a bit terrible. Still enjoyed it though.

And rare. Thousands of vampires living in a city is ott.

Well, depends on the setting, but for the MCU? Yeah, the setting isn't really compatible with having that many vampires. Outside of maybe some eastern european occult hellhole ( *coughTransylvaniacough* ), vampires should be damn rare. Rare enough that mundane secret organizations like SHIELD or Hydra would plausibly either be unaware of their existence, or only aware of them as some vague and unimportant oddity. Which means there should probably be less "vampires" and more "individual specific name vampires and perhaps their circle of underlings".

Of course, this status quo can always *change*, in the present. Maybe while there used to be only a few dozen vampires on the entire planet, now something has changed. Sleeping vampires are waking up, old vampires are now more powerful, and everyone finds it much easier to make new vampires. Like, say, because the dimensional barrier shielding Earth from hostile otherworldly powers got totally collapsed for a brief time. ;)

To be honest though I'm a bit over vampires living in eurotrash kind of emo disco settings. There's probably some potential for a bit of modernisation there.

No one say vampire dubstep lol

Well, depends on the setting, but for the MCU? Yeah, the setting isn't really compatible with having that many vampires. Outside of maybe some eastern european occult hellhole ( *coughTransylvaniacough* ), vampires should be damn rare. Rare enough that mundane secret organizations like SHIELD or Hydra would plausibly either be unaware of their existence, or only aware of them as some vague and unimportant oddity. Which means there should probably be less "vampires" and more "individual specific name vampires and perhaps their circle of underlings".

Of course, this status quo can always *change*, in the present. Maybe while there used to be only a few dozen vampires on the entire planet, now something has changed. Sleeping vampires are waking up, old vampires are now more powerful, and everyone finds it much easier to make new vampires. Like, say, because the dimensional barrier shielding Earth from hostile otherworldly powers got totally collapsed for a brief time. ;)

That sounds like a great outline.

Good actor but maybe a bit too short I would think. He might be good for a Netflix series on Blade. If we are going for film, I pick Rhodes.

hahaha! He's taller than Snipes.

You need to get over height doh. It's a non-Issue. You know how movies work, No?

I think Blade could use a new actor. It was a shame the original movies were killed off with the third one, but it's been too long now.

Hopefully Blade can be English in any new film/series. I used to think Elba would be a good shout for Blade, but he's getting on a bit himself and the mcu is still using him as Heimdall. They could use a younger unknown imo.

A European setting could be more interesting given how recent vampire fiction like True Blood have really focused on modern US based vampires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"