If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

I would say the two big things to do:

1. Ditch the "Daywalker" stuff, and shift to a more originalist version- he's Black British Vampire Hunting Batman. He doesn't need superpowers, because he's trained under some of the greatest warriors and hunters and occultists on the planet. If you are at all within the range for a "normal" human to fight and beat, he can do it. . . and if not? He knows all your species' strengths and weaknesses, and has a secret weapon and a secret plan to deal with you.

2. Put him in a team context from day one. Nightstalkers, Midnight Sons, whatever, but have him be one of an ensemble, a peer amongst equals. Lets him be more than just a badass.

For me Blade seems ideal for a Netflix show. The Snipes movies actually improved the character, so stick to how they were made IMO.

And yeah, Morbius would be great.

Yes Netflix would be perfect for Blade and yes I would keep him as a Daywalker.

1. Ditch the "Daywalker" stuff, and shift to a more originalist version- he's Black British Vampire Hunting Batman. He doesn't need superpowers, because he's trained under some of the greatest warriors and hunters and occultists on the planet. If you are at all within the range for a "normal" human to fight and beat, he can do it. . . and if not? He knows all your species' strengths and weaknesses, and has a secret weapon and a secret plan to deal with you.

2. Put him in a team context from day one. Nightstalkers, Midnight Sons, whatever, but have him be one of an ensemble, a peer amongst equals. Lets him be more than just a badass.

This would work. I understand the following Daywalker love too, but emphasizing the skill and intelligence over the physical overpowering is a great way to make this happen.

The team context, and him being the smart/resourceful one really lends to the idea of a superhero horror flick, where there is a monster that is knocking off team members as they hunt it, and Blade is the final girl last man standing. You could have a lot of fun with that, adding in a max-Buffy Elsa Bloodstone and a Twilight-inspired Michael Morbius, and a few others. Having Snipes take up the role of the original mentor role could really make this a really incredible superhero-vampire flick.

Something along those lines would definitely pique my interest, and not scream Snipes-lite to me.

Donald Glover.
I know he has a role in MCU's Spider-Man movie, but that's still my choice.

The team context, and him being the smart/resourceful one really lends to the idea of a superhero horror flick, where there is a monster that is knocking off team members as they hunt it, and Blade is the final girl last man standing. You could have a lot of fun with that, adding in a max-Buffy Elsa Bloodstone and a Twilight-inspired Michael Morbius, and a few others. Having Snipes take up the role of the original mentor role could really make this a really incredible superhero-vampire flick.

Something along those lines would definitely pique my interest, and not scream Snipes-lite to me.

If you're going to kill off everyone except for Blade you should just use the Darkhold Redeemers and maybe some other minor characters who worked with Blade or the Midnight Sons at some point. Maybe Frank Drake or Hannibal King if you could really work their death into the story well, otherwise save them. Characters like Morbius and Elsa Bloodstone could be a main character for a longer period in something like Midnight Sons or their own show/movie later on.

It would have to be John Boyega surely. You know who would be a good director for it? James Wan. Make it a super stylish fast and the furious type thing.

I wonder how they would make it work in the marvel u though? Maybe David Gyasi if they go with the Netflix route

Outside of Erik King or Micheal Jai White my top choices would be:

Laz Alonso
Michael Ealy
Columbus Short
Darrin Henson
Lance Gross
Omari Hardwick

Idris Elba really would've been perfect doh.

honestly number one is almost a deal breaker for me. number two also . I could deal with him being first among equals but not just another one of the team

IMO also Snipes immensely improved and I have no interest in a weaksauce version.

Omari Hardwick of Power I can definitely see him as Blade or even Laz Alonso as the new Blade

Trevante Rhodes for either a film Blade or tv series on Netflix

Not enough intensity in anything I've seen.

Have you seen attack the block?

By the way, I love that getting rid of the daywalkr idea! Also the midnight sons. It's a great way to expand the universe, which marvel loves.

(This is why I love comic book forums)

Chiwetel Ejiofor is already playing an MCU character he is playing Mordo in Doctor Strange so that kind of takes him out of the running but as far as other actors who could play Blade...I mean if DC doesn't snag Trevante Rhodes as John Stewart/Green Lantern then he would be another wild card pick for the role of Blade

I totally support this casting.

I still like Boyega better since he's younger.

There's something about Ejioror's eyes that screem hunter to me.

Boyega could pull it off.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is already playing an MCU character he is playing Mordo in Doctor Strange so that kind of takes him out of the running but as far as other actors who could play Blade...I mean if DC doesn't snag Trevante Rhodes as John Stewart/Green Lantern then he would be another wild card pick for the role of Blade

I know but that does not make him the perfect choice. Does Marvel have all the rights of the Character back?

Ejioror is playing Mordo though and I assume this would occur in the shared marvel u. Rules out Idris too. Also Blade is British

I "insist" with Nathan Stewart-Jarrett: he's British and slightly counter intuitive.
I mean that I don't want a mass of raging muscles playing Blade, his intellect should be stressed.

He might be cool. I loved misfits.

I wonder who the supporting cast and main enemy would be though?

He might be cool. I loved misfits.

I wonder who the supporting cast and main enemy would be though?

I would go straight to Dracula, trying to pull a Loki.
For the supporting cast I don't know, but best make them very different in age each from one another.

Who for Dracula? Lars Mikkelsen?

I would love to see Jason Isaacs as Dracula. I think it was the role he was born to play.

I would also love to see Daimon Hellstrom appear

Jensen Ackles for Hellstrom, so people can't fancast him anymore. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"