Daywalker films:The Blade thread

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread for Blade since it only has a tv section now. I bought Blade 2 yesterday and you know how you watch a movie or really watch a movie, just sit there and take it all in? Well, that's what I did with Blade 2 last night.

I've seen it a few times but I really wathed it last night, and it is a great movie. I love the animated fight scenes. It was so comic booky and cool.

It's a shame the third movie got so screwed up. Dracula should've looked way better than just some idiot with a shaved head, and when he is in monster form you barely see him. For me the 3rd doesn't exist.

The first Blade is still my favorite for a few reasons. It was the first of the big Marvel movies that paved the way for X-men and Spider-man.

I knew of Blade from the Spider-man cartoon in the 90's, and I really liked him. When I saw the trailer I was really happy, I knew who he was and I thought it was going to be great and it sure as heck was.

There were things done in that first Blade that hadn't been seen before. People made a big deal of the bullet time in the Matrix but, look at the cool scene in Blade when the silver bullets whiz by Frost's head.

Much better than Matrix, the movie and everything in my opinion.

Wesley Snipes was so good in these movies, I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch the tv show, Snipes is Blade and that's it, 'Nuff said.

When Blade comes out of the vat of blood in Blade 2 I still get chills. You just know he's gonna' kick some vampire butt, same goes for the scene when he gets his shades back in Blade 1 and kicks Frost's butt, just cool.

Great Marvel movies, and great Movies unto themselves.:cool: If only they could go back and redo part three, or make a fourth that would make up for it.

Morgoth said:
If only they could go back and redo part three, or make a fourth that would make up for it.

Unless the TV Show is really bad & does not do well then I don't see that happening as the Show itself is a Sequel to the Movies.

I think if they'd taken their time w/the third one, instead of trying so hard to launch "Nightstalkers", it could've been great.

The lackluster response to "Trinity" pretty much killed it.

I liked The 3rd one the best. Don't bring up to my about how it's corny and all but I thought the comedy in it was good. I don't read Blade but I'm not a huge fan, I've only seen the movies and the 3rd was my favorite.

Totally underrated movies in my opinion.

I hate to say this though, but i think the original Blade has dated quite a bit, and i find i dont enjoy as much any more, that and the fact that i've probably watched it close to 50 times! I'll never forget the first time i watched the bloodbath scene though, i literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Blade II is the best in the series IMO, everything was better, especially the fight scene's, Blade vs Nomak, best part of the series, Nomak was such a badass.

Trinity totally dropped the ball, and was a total dissapointment, i own it and will watch it from time to time cos it is Blade, but this should have been a much better movie.

Overall i'd give the trilogy a 4 out of 5, two good films and one bad

I like Trinity, Drake-ula is the daddy of all lameness and Reynolds has 50% too many wisecracks....but that aside, it works for me. Blade II is better of course, it's one of the best comicbook movies around and I'll take it over Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 any day. And then we have Blade, the original and the best. One of the best action movies of the last ten years.

I still think if we'd gotten to know Drake a little better-i.e., his mentality, his motivations-he might've been more interesting. People liked Frost b/c he made it clear, from the get-go, what he wanted & what he was about. Same w/Nomak. Drake came off a bit one-dimensional & in some ways, a watered-down version of Frost & Nomak. Taking a kid hostage to keep Blade at bay while they talked? FROST DID IT! The split chin? NOMAK DID IT! His conversation w/Blade even had similar dialogue.

Kevin Roegele said:
I like Trinity, Drake-ula is the daddy of all lameness and Reynolds has 50% too many wisecracks....but that aside, it works for me. Blade II is better of course, it's one of the best comicbook movies around and I'll take it over Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 any day. And then we have Blade, the original and the best. One of the best action movies of the last ten years.
Funny how some posters can never pass up an opportunity to trash a film, even if it's in a totally unrelated thread.

Blade was easily the best of the series. Blade II had a weaker story, weak chemistry between Blade and the daughter of the head vampire(forgot character's name), and poor special effects. There were a decent number of moments that looked totally fake in the movie. The 3rd movie was weak in acting, comedy, and dialogue. I found the main plot to be a little more interesting despite the fact it could have been done much better. However, Blade had an interesting plot, Frost was my favorite villain of the series, and the way you were introduced to the vampire world was well done. Now, Blade was not a great movie either, but it was the most enjoyable, and that is really all I expected from this franchise.

Chris Wallace said:
Funny how some posters can never pass up an opportunity to trash a film, even if it's in a totally unrelated thread.

Where was the trashing?

Seeing as this is a Blade thread, whos seen the Daywalker fanfilm and what did you think. Liked it myself.:)

I like "Blade" slightly more than "Blade II," but both movies are good. "Blade Trinity" was not as bad I expected, but not as good as I hoped.

I own the whole Trilogy and the first Blade film is my favourite, it has probabley one of the greatest introductions to a action hero EVER. Frost was a cool villian. He was very charasmatic. Nomak had a kind of Frakenstein quality to him whereas Drake was just plain dull.

I didn't like Trinity compared to the last two. I thought it was a big let down and waste of oppertunity. Parts of the film where just rehashes of the previous two. The filmed lacked the style of the others and it seemed as if goyer was trying copy some of the previous directors style to no effect.

Morgoths right about Blade being underated. If you look back to 1998 there wasn't any film like it and don't belive its dated at all.

Whislers daughter in trinity seemed out of place to me she just seemed to be a character stuck in there at random. Nothing more than eye candy. Blade was like a son to Whisler and his not even gonna mention his got a vampire slaying daughter running around to him. I don't buy it.

The Blatant Apple product placement in Trinity got on my nerves also.

They just made Trinity too light, and the fight scene's took a huge drop down from 2, 1's fight scenes were better and they are 6 years older!

Also, Drake should have been th biggest badass in history, he turned out to be a nuggett

Blade 2 was easily my favorite, then the original. Blade Trinity? They made a 3rd film...really? ;) I thought that was a new rated PG-13 Scooby Doo films disguised as an R rated film. Snipes is the man but nobody expects the same quality on TV as they would in theatres. The TV show will be fine.

Blade II is the best of the three, the Blade vs Nomak fight alone is the shi ite

Considering Drake was surpposed to be the baddest of all Vampires he was pretty lame compared to Nomak or La Magra Frost. I mean he ran away from Blade when they first met. Calling him Drake as well was kinda crap. Dracula has hundreds of different names if they wanted to call him something different.

Danica Talos seemed like a female Deacon Frost to me and Grimwood was just a strong Quinn.

chamber-music said:
Considering Drake was surpposed to be the baddest of all Vampires he was pretty lame compared to Nomak or La Magra Frost. I mean he ran away from Blade when they first met. Calling him Drake as well was kinda crap. Dracula has hundreds of different names if they wanted to call him something different.

The real shame is that the Dracula from The Tomb of Dracula is one of the best ever interpretations of the character.

Blade 1= ok

Blade 2= badass

Blade 3= sucked ass

Blade 1 was great when it first came out, but i think it has aged quite a lot since 1998. Now its just ok.

The funny thing in Trinity is, the build-up to the Drake fight is actually pretty cool, the fight itself is quite poor though.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The funny thing in Trinity is, the build-up to the Drake fight is actually pretty cool, the fight itself is quite poor though.

Drake-ula: Blade. Are you ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherf-cker.

LOL.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

Drake-ula: Blade. Are you ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherf-cker.

LOL. I love that. You don't really need to call Dracula a motherf_cker. He's obviously so clearly evil, no insult is bad enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"