Can BLADE be rebooted in the Marvel Movie Universe?

I would support adding Blade into the MCU, but I don't think you do it by bringing him into an IM story or anything like that. His world would be more of an extension of the current universe and acknowledgements of the main universe could be done through newspaper headlines or television reports or references to SHIELD. I think they should continue to have Blade operate mostly on his own, though he could have some interactions with Dr. Strange or Ghost Rider (should Marvel get the rights back).

this.

If these characters can all live within the same continuity in the comic verse they can do it on film but you have to be careful about it. Id love to see GR work with Blade...hell Morbius could mention Blade in a Spider Man movie. i think it would be great to know that the MCU is just as alive and vibrant as its comic counterpart.

There are 2 problems

1:Marvel Studios doesn't seem Intrested In r rated films and may not have
much Intrest In Blade or Punisher.

2:Wesley Snipes was a big reason for Blade becoming a franchise.Watch
Blade the series to see you can not just give Blade to anybody and except
teh same reaction.

I would rather see a Blade 4 with Snipes back as Blade than a reboot.

yea but the reason for the shows flop was because Blade wasn't the core character (instead, they chose to give some chick the spotlight) and the actor playing Blade was a member of The Ghetto Boys (gangsta/horrorcore rap group from the early 90's) that didn't know a lick of martial arts

Make Blade the center of attention (just like the first two films) and cast an actual martial artist (just like Snipes) and I can almost guarentee it will be a success. That's a bet I'm willing to take any day of the week

I'm just sick of this "only one actor can protray a character" mentality that some people have. Because in the end, we all know that's complete BS

He wasn't a member of the Ghetto Boys. He was a member of the group Onyx.

yea but the reason for the shows flop was because Blade wasn't the core character (instead, they chose to give some chick the spotlight) and the actor playing Blade was a member of The Ghetto Boys (gangsta/horrorcore rap group from the early 90's) that didn't know a lick of martial arts

Make Blade the center of attention (just like the first two films) and cast an actual martial artist (just like Snipes) and I can almost guarentee it will be a success. That's a bet I'm willing to take any day of the week

I'm just sick of this "only one actor can protray a character" mentality that some people have. Because in the end, we all know that's complete BS

That's true, but only to a certain degree. The source for the Blade character is the comics, but in the comic Blade is this black, jive-talking character like Shaft, who runs around with a wooden stake. The Blade we got in the movies was basically Wesley Snipes. The mannerisms, the fighting skill, the stoic attitude. That's all Snipes. So if you're going by the 'not only one actor can protray a character' mantra, what would the new actor use of the source material? The original Blade from the comics? Or The Blade that Wesley Snipes created? Because the majority of ppl, when they think about the Blade character, are thinking about characteristics given to him by Snipes, and are not part of the Blade that was created by Marvel. That explains why the series Blade was not accepted. Snipes' portrayal has now become the source material for the Blade character. Even the beloved Whistler character was not part of the comics, but rather created by Goyer for the 90's Spider-Man cartoon.

corrected on the GB mis-information, sorry about that. Onyx IS the correct group he's from and I can't say I disagree with your second post. Blade would infact be the exception to the rule

You know, you could even bring Snipes back (if he would still come back), and make a new, low-ish budget Blade movie that fits into the MU. That doesn't mean have him run around with Captain America, but instead have there be a supernatural threat of some sort. At the beginning of the movie, have Blade in hiding or kinda laying low somewhere. A group of men dressed in all black break in. He fights them all, thinking they are vampires at first, but when he goes to stake on of them, he sees that they are human. Out of the shadows walks Nick Fury, saying something along the lines of "Looks like you've still got it. These were supposed to be my best agents." Turns out there is a vampire/werewolf/creature from the black lagoon/whatever problem. Fury knows that Stark doesn't have the stomach for this kind of work, and this isn't the kind of job you put a Norse god on, so there was only one man to go to.

Maybe further down the line Marvel Studios will expand and created a Marvel Knights Studios if you know what i mean? Like an inprint but in film form? With guys like Blade, Moon Knight, Daredevil and Punisher. Seperate from the main Marvel movie universe like Avengers etc. Darker, rated r movies that do the characters justice.

Personally, i'd rather see a proper, gritty, violent Moon Knight movie before another Blade one.

yeah, Moon Knight would be really cool to have. I would rather have that right now, but I am definitely not against another Blade.

Maybe further down the line Marvel Studios will expand and created a Marvel Knights Studios if you know what i mean? Like an inprint but in film form? With guys like Blade, Moon Knight, Daredevil and Punisher. Seperate from the main Marvel movie universe like Avengers etc. Darker, rated r movies that do the characters justice.

Personally, i'd rather see a proper, gritty, violent Moon Knight movie before another Blade one.

Punisher WarZone was under Marvel Knights Studios.

watched brooklyn finest at the weekend. snipes has still got it.

Blade is a non-entity in the comics. Most of what people understand to be "Blade" comes from the Blade movies and the Spider-Man cartoon. "Blade" the movie, and the cartoon iteration, were nothing like the comic version(s). Firstly, Blade was never a day-walker, he was basically a mutant vampire tracker. Marvel used him initially as a blaxploitation character, like Luke Cage, and he was basically a glorified bit-player in Tomb of Dracula. The only reason he even seems like he could be rebooted is because of the success of Wesley Snipes' theatrical version. So basically I think it's a waste of effort, especially when other characters exist in the MU who are more interesting, some just as obscure.

You know, you could even bring Snipes back (if he would still come back), and make a new, low-ish budget Blade movie that fits into the MU. That doesn't mean have him run around with Captain America, but instead have there be a supernatural threat of some sort. At the beginning of the movie, have Blade in hiding or kinda laying low somewhere. A group of men dressed in all black break in. He fights them all, thinking they are vampires at first, but when he goes to stake on of them, he sees that they are human. Out of the shadows walks Nick Fury, saying something along the lines of "Looks like you've still got it. These were supposed to be my best agents." Turns out there is a vampire/werewolf/creature from the black lagoon/whatever problem. Fury knows that Stark doesn't have the stomach for this kind of work, and this isn't the kind of job you put a Norse god on, so there was only one man to go to.

That would be pretty cool to set a movie up on. Maybe they could take it further and throw in some supernatural type characters a la Dr. Strange or Brother Voodoo if they have the rights. The only problem with this is how you would sell the movie. Blade would probably be the biggest name in the movie world, but it's been years since he was seen favorably by most crowds. If they got Snipes it could give them some legitimacy, but how far is his box office attraction nowadays?

I don't even think Blade needs to be rebooted, sure Trinity wasn't the best one but Wesley Snipes is a great Blade IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"