If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If Marvel reboots Blade by rebooting the whole franchise in general, then who should play The Daywalker? Should Wesley Snipes play Blade again? Does Snipes deserve a second chance at playing our favorite Daywalker? Or should he be replaced with a new actor in the role of Blade? And if so who could really play Blade?

Which African-American actor could play Blade better than Snipes? Which African-American actor has the martial arts skills as well as the acting skills to play Blade?

But also I wonder how Blade would be able to fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? How Blade would fit into the grand scheme of things like S.H.I.E.L.D./Hydra?

The first thing they should do is abandon the entire 'Daywalker' concept. Blade should not be a half vampire superhuman. Instead, his premise should be "Black Monster Hunting Batman".

With that said who could play Blade? Michael Jai White as Blade would probably be the best option

Michael Jai White is not a particularly strong actor IMO.

I'd go for a more fresh faced unknown, but of course I think he's more likely to work as another attempt at a TV show instead of a villain.

The first thing they should do is abandon the entire 'Daywalker' concept. Blade should not be a half vampire superhuman. Instead, his premise should be "Black Monster Hunting Batman".

Why? I thought the daywalker aspect was a really nice addition to the mythos.

As for casting, I think that if he weren't already Heimdall, Idris Elba would be a perfect casting choice.

I wanna say Chewitel Ejifor, but I will admit that my knowledge of British actors is fairly limited (and I do think that the next Blade should be British).

Wesley Snipes without a question.

If Marvel reboots Blade by rebooting the whole franchise in general, then who should play The Daywalker? Should Wesley Snipes play Blade again? Does Snipes deserve a second chance at playing our favorite Daywalker? Or should he be replaced with a new actor in the role of Blade? And if so who could really play Blade?

Which African-American actor could play Blade better than Snipes? Which African-American actor has the martial arts skills as well as the acting skills to play Blade?

But also I wonder how Blade would be able to fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? How Blade would fit into the grand scheme of things like S.H.I.E.L.D./Hydra?

Why African-American? Wasn't the comic character originally British?

Make him British and you firstly make it distinctive from the Snipes series, and you also expand the MCU a little bit (though London has featured before).

With a Dr. Strange movie in the works, it will be interesting to see if Marvel will delve intro their Midnight Sons lineup. Do they have the rights to Ghost Rider and Johnny Blaze back?

Not sure who I would cast as the new Blade.

Why African-American? Wasn't the comic character originally British?

Make him British and you firstly make it distinctive from the Snipes series, and you also expand the MCU a little bit (though London has featured before).

Benedict Cumberbatch as Blade :wow:

Yeah, he was English original. Chiwetel for Blade!

With a Dr. Strange movie in the works, it will be interesting to see if Marvel will delve intro their Midnight Sons lineup. Do they have the rights to Ghost Rider and Johnny Blaze back?

Not sure who I would cast as the new Blade.

Sony gave the rights back to Ghost Rider ages ago.

Chiwetel for Blade. Neeson for Dracula.

Seriously considering another Blade series is Hollywood enough for me.

I know. I'm just saying that's as Hollywood as I can go with regards to this.

John Boyega maybe?

I'd rather see a blade tv show IMO (I know they tried it once, but marvel would do it better)

I know this one might sound a little "out there" but I think Tyrese Gibson would be a solid choice.

A Question for you:
How would Blade fit in the MCU?
1st whether he is 1/2 vamp or not is neither here or their we have to try to explain how vampires came to exist as part of that universe.

As everything seems to be grounded in reality in the MCU then their are very few options, 1st Dracula was in fact an inhuman whose bite/blood effects humans, turning them into vamps, the other option is that Vampires are aliens.

As to who should play Blade I agree Blade should be British but their are plenty of Actors who can do a British accent.

As to who is really difficult as I cannot think of many Black actors with decent acting skills and able to meet the physical demands of the role.

I'd go with Dayo Okeniyi. He's been in The Hunger Games, The Spectacular Now, Runner Runner and is playing Danny Dyson in the upcoming Terminator Genisys movie.

KrwJo7q.jpg

I'd go with Dayo Okeniyi. He's been in The Hunger Games, The Spectacular Now, Runner Runner and is playing Danny Dyson in the upcoming Terminator Genisys movie.

KrwJo7q.jpg

I can see him as The Daywalker, the Dhampir, mankind's only hope half human half vampire and if anyone can play the tortured vampire hunter it is definitely him but how about this man:

brian_white_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"