Daywalker films:The Blade thread

If MJ had a cameo, then the movie would've been even bigger at the box office. People always watched Michael Jackson. I'm glad that didn't happen though. I'd have a hard time believing MJ to be a vampire in the Blade world.

I'm just now realising I was under the complete wrong impression before. I thought he was set to play himself as a vampire pimp.......god these drugs are messing with my brain :woot:

Michael of course was going to play a character who's a vampire pimp, correct? If that's the case, that may have actually worked

Anybody else agree that this is a better looking Dracula than the one we got in Blade:Trinity?

203818-49603-dracula_super.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody else agree that this is a better looking Dracula then the one we got in Blade:Trinity?

203818-49603-dracula_super.jpg

You won't get any arguments from me. This is a no brainer in my mind.

Oops. In my last post I meant to put "than" not "then".

0707_wesley_snipes_getty_88881231.jpg

I saw some images of Snipes at MJJ's memorial today. So it's good to know Snipes is not locked down for his tax issues yet. To keep it Blade related. MJ was supposed to be in Blade 2, was supposed to be a vampire Pimp but during the time the movie was shooting Jackson had to promote his album and wasn't able to make it to Prauge. I got the info from the Blade 2 commentary with Goyer & Snipes.

Michael did kinda help Wes get started.

Bram Stroker's Dracula was a far superior villain.

drac4.jpg

Even Eddie Murphy's Vampire came off as a better villain.

1576782577_c70af1e7c5_o.jpg

Michael Jackson as a vampire pimp? That's so insane I think it crosses over into genius.

I just recently watched Blade 2 with and without the commentaries; it’s still one of my favorite movies and still holds up very well even in today’s standards visually, packed with great action and horror. After watching commentaries makes you appreciate the film more, everyone was on the same page Del Toro, Goyer, Snipes, Ward and the stunt crew.

Now that Blade is coming back as an anime, I think this is the best way to sort of bring back Snipes as the character.

What do you think? Someone should start a grass roots movement to bring in Snipes to voice Blade for the Blade anime.

Now that Blade is coming back as an anime, I think this is the best way to sort of bring back Snipes as the character.

What do you think? Someone should start a grass roots movement to bring in Snipes to voice Blade for the Blade anime.

I would be all for Snipes to do the voice in an anime style Blade movie. I wouldn’t mind seeing CGI type of movie with a similar visual style such as TMNT, a lot darker of course and rated R. Snipes doesn't have much on his plate right now besides a few low budget movies and this anime Blade movie will maybe settle his dispute with New Line over Blade Trinity if they still have the rights to the character.

When the F*** was this announced, and when the F*** is this coming out!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Warren Ellis revealed it at Comic Con. We've been over this.

There is no CG anime movie.

Marvel is doing an anime series with Madhouse that Ellis is writing. Its going to be like a 12 episode Blade anime series by Madhouse along with Iron Man, Wolverine, and X-men.

I'm saying, when the series comes to the US, have Snipes do Blade's voice.

Oh, most definitely. I figured if Snipes doesn't have to deal with Goyer or any big wigs at New Line, he'd be more than happy to do it.

Well as far as I can tell, this is only a Marvel/Madhouse/Sony project. I'm not sure if there would be a rights issue in Snipes working on it.

Just saying, I think everyone can agree that Snipes really made that character more popular than Blade ever was before. And make an anime with Snipes voicing Blade = $$$. DVD's would sell huge, like . . . tons of units :D

And thing is, Snipes is probably too old to play Blade again at this point, but this would be the next best thing.

So I vote, Snipes as Blade for the Blade anime :D .

Well as far as I can tell, this is only a Marvel/Madhouse/Sony project. I'm not sure if there would be a rights issue in Snipes working on it.

Just saying, I think everyone can agree that Snipes really made that character more popular than Blade ever was before. And make an anime with Snipes voicing Blade = $$$. DVD's would sell huge, like . . . tons of units :D

And thing is, Snipes is probably too old to play Blade again at this point, but this would be the next best thing.

So I vote, Snipes as Blade for the Blade anime :D .

I dunno, Sly Stallone is what? In his 60's?? And he's still kickin ass lol

But seriously I'm down for snipes to do the voice for this anime. Which is the route they should've taken instead of that silly tv show.

Yes because Stallone took lots of steroids and HGH.

I'm just now finding out about the Blade anime. That's good news. *Siggggh* wish we could get a fourth movie.

Snipes voicing Blade in an anime would make too much sense. Unless his demands are unreasonable, or he isn't available, he should be the easy pick.

Here's some info about Blade 4 maybe being produced by New Line without Snipes.

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3004

Despite a disappointing second sequel and short-lived television series, another 'Blade' outing could be in the works.

At least, that’s what writer/director David Goyer told MTV. Goyer, who wrote all three 'Blade' films, mentioned the project could happen without star Wesley Snipes. "It's been rumored over at New Line," Goyer said.

There have been long-standing rumors about a spin-off for Deacon Frost, the villainous vampire played by Stephen Dorff in Blade. But news of another on-screen adventure for Marvel Comics’ half-human, half-vampire bloodsucker-slayer is more than a little surprising, given the series’ last installment, 2004’s Blade Trinity, took in less money than Blade II.

Then there was the Spike TV series that aired in 2006, which starred rapper Kirk Jones. It was canceled after the pilot and only 11 episodes

Goyer, however, seems to think the timing is everything. He said Batman Begins, which he co-wrote, and its sequel The Dark Knight did very well at the box office because the franchise got to lie low for a while. (Indeed, audiences needed lots of time to forget 1997’s Batman and Robin.)

"I think when you revisit these characters, the question is, how long should they stay off the shelf?" said Goyer, who was fielding press for Flash Forward, his upcoming TV show for ABC. "When we did 'Batman Begins,' he'd been off the shelf for about eight years. It hasn't been eight years yet for Blade. I think usually if you give them a little breathing room between iterations, it's better."

Goyer, who has had a successful comic book-writing career along with writing movies and television shows, adapted the character for a 1998 film, which became a box office hit. Blade and Blade II were directed by Stephen Norrington and Guillermo del Toro, both known for being visual stylists. Last month, Norrington was mentioned as possibly returning to the character for a prequel trilogy.

A Blade reboot has been talked about for awhile now, even before the series came out. I think it's a really long way out right now. If it ever happens, I can see it happening sometime like 2015 unless the anime makes huge bucks. It seems that Marvel has alot on their plate right now, and for whatever reason it also seems that they never respected the Blade franchise much after the trilogy.

I think as long as New Line has the rights to the Blade movie franchise you're not going to see Snipes reprising the role. I think he sued them for 5 mil.

But whenever it comes back I hope that Goyer takes a back seat. I think he did a marvelous job in bringing Blade to the screen, reimagining and making the Blade universe cool, but I think he showed a serious lack of creativity for Blade as a character, in Trinity and the series. Blade, in Goyer's hands, is little more than the muscle for white main characters. He's like a tool, a weapon (with Blade for a name I guess that doesn't help). On one level that's cool, but on another I don't think it is. Batman is a weapon, but Batman is also a well developed character that usually is at the center of his films, cartoons, etc. One of the mistakes the first Bat films made was not putting Bats at the center. And I think Goyer made that mistake too with Blade in the later products.

I question whether he gets that. That people tune in or pay to see Blade, not side characters. The side characters should mainly be there to challenge, or help show different sides of the hero, to bring different things out of Blade, not to supplant him. Also, too much focus was placed on the vampire side of Blade, and not his human half. What made the first film perhaps the best in terms of Blade's characterization was that Dr. Jenson got under his skin, she pricked that human side. Hollywood is pretty good in showing black men as being tough, badasses, but hasn't been so good at showing black men as three-dimensional, human beings. Also, there was too much focus on Blade's rage, his hatred for vamps. I wanted to see more of what Blade was fighting for, not what he was fighting against. It might've made him a more sympathetic or relatable character, a character that could bring more fans in. Though it might be blasphemy to some folks, I would like any new take on Blade's character to play up his human side more. There needs to be an internal struggle. I also want a love interest. It can be a doomed love, but still, Blade needs to be more than a machine.

Last edited:
Snipes doing the voice is a hard r anime would rule. Do it sorta like that old Spawn TAS and it'd be sick.

Can't be watering down a anime about a guy who kills vampires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"